DAMNIT. Another draft with no 1st round pick to talk about.

Chiefswinitall

The Chiefs have been looking at a lot of Tight Ends and running backs, so I anticipate they may wait till later to address those positions.

Feeling they will be shopping for depth at safety.  None of these guys are really separating from the pack.

Corner and Wide Receiver should be the priorities.

10 hours ago, SEMO said:

I think they might use the 3 to move up in the 2nd.  Don’t see them burning both 2s.  Ya never know.

For whom?  I'm really locked in on the need of at least three second day picks.  Gotta get a CB, RB, and TE and waiting until the fifth is very risky

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

For whom?  I'm really locked in on the need of at least three second day picks.  Gotta get a CB, RB, and TE and waiting until the fifth is very risky

I don't see a big need at RB.  I think they will go with what they have, other than looking at some PFA guys.  I have seen some buzz about them really liking Miles Sanders, though.

If a player they like falls to the middle of round 2, like Oruwariye or Ya-Sin, I could see them using the 3 to move up.  There will be a lot of safeties in that 30-50 range taken also.

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

I don't see a big need at RB.  I think they will go with what they have, other than looking at some PFA guys.  I have seen some buzz about them really liking Miles Sanders, though.

If a player they like falls to the middle of round 2, like Oruwariye or Ya-Sin, I could see them using the 3 to move up.  There will be a lot of safeties in that 30-50 range taken also.

Why is everyone discounting the need for a RB?  They had Ware and West and still paid a third for Hunt a couple of years ago and the situation is similar this year.  With the loss of their first round pick, they may have to prioritize CB and TE in the second, but if a Montgomery or Henderson is available at #63 and no TE is left that they like, I can see going for one of them.  A tackle breaking, open field, pass catching RB is another valuable weapon and so is one who can pick a hole on third and fourth downs.  Williams and Hyde just aren't enough in my book. 

18 minutes ago, xen said:

Darwin Thompson on day 3 is your new RB addition.  You heard it here first folks.

Sixth round or seventh?  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but there's a chance that the Chiefs could end up with Mullen and Sternberger in the second and RB Henderson in the third.  Problem is that there's no good choices at OG/C by the time the Chiefs draft in the fifth.  Maybe one of the sixths could be used to move up in the fifth for O-line or S but it wouldn't be a big move. 

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Sixth round or seventh?  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but there's a chance that the Chiefs could end up with Mullen and Sternberger in the second and RB Henderson in the third.  Problem is that there's no good choices at OG/C by the time the Chiefs draft in the fifth.  Maybe one of the sixths could be used to move up in the fifth for O-line or S but it wouldn't be a big move. 

There's some decent interior oline tackle conversions on day 3.  A guy like Paul Adams has starter potential and could be there in the 6th.  Chiefs have had several in for visits.

15 minutes ago, xen said:

There's some decent interior oline tackle conversions on day 3.  A guy like Paul Adams has starter potential and could be there in the 6th.  Chiefs have had several in for visits.

If Reiter works out, the Chiefs may not need a starter unless someone gets hurt.  Can McKensie be expected to contribute this season? 

50 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If Reiter works out, the Chiefs may not need a starter unless someone gets hurt.  Can McKensie be expected to contribute this season? 

He's a guy to really watch or at least look for coaches to mention at OTAs and Mini Camp.  At the very least he needs to have progressed enough to legitimately make this roster. 

Yeah....not having a 1st round draft pick kind of put a damper on the whole NFL draft experience. That having been said...the NFL draft experience (proper) was a total blast from the skill challenges to the HOF pavilion. So much to do and look at. The draft itself was almost anti-climactic. Primarily because it rained and rained. We stayed only through the 1st five picks. Would have stayed had KC had a pick in Rd 1 so by not having it...it spared me several hours of getting pelted.😕

The highlight of the whole day was seeing Patrick Mahomes being interviewed by the ESPN crew. We were pretty close and actually got on camera in the background. Kind of a cool moment.

Archived