Johnson Co. DA Press Conference on Tyreek HIll at 3:00

Sounds like the kid is safe which is the main thing here.  Hard to know or tell what happened.  I'm sure Hill has lost custody of his kid for now and hopefully he can work to getting it back and it's a good deal for everyone, kid included.

I wonder what evidence the DA had to make the conclusion that a crime was committed, but didn't have to file charges with?  It sounds like to me that was just his opinion.

If the Chiefs cut Hill over this I will be super pissed. 

Now we just wait for dumbass Gooddell to come charging in with a suspension.

My guess is 4 games just for being named and going through all of this.

THe DA said the NFL contacted their office and he didn't respond or call them back so you know Gooddell is already triggered over that and ready to lay the hammer down.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Sounds like the kid is safe which is the main thing here.  Hard to know or tell what happened.  I'm sure Hill has lost custody of his kid for now and hopefully he can work to getting it back and it's a good deal for everyone, kid included.

I wonder what evidence the DA had to make the conclusion that a crime was committed, but didn't have to file charges with?  It sounds like to me that was just his opinion.

If the Chiefs cut Hill over this I will be super pissed. 

Now we just wait for dumbass Gooddell to come charging in with a suspension.

My guess is 4 games just for being named and going through all of this.

THe DA said the NFL contacted their office and he didn't respond or call them back so you know Gooddell is already triggered over that and ready to lay the hammer down.

Complete Speculation. I see no suspension. NFL has too much legal peril.  Also complete speculation on my part.

No reason for me to fret about something that is not real at this time. 

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Complete Speculation. I see no suspension. NFL has too much legal peril.  Also complete speculation on my part.

No reason for me to fret about something that is not real at this time. 

Good points but we all know Gooddell is a suspension hound. 

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I think if it weren't for the prior DV charge and conviction, he wouldn't get anything.  Because of it though, he's got an uphill battle and is probably facing 8 weeks.

nah it won't be that much, they don't know what happened.  K. Hunt was on video kicking a girl in the face and only got 8 games.

7 minutes ago, dksww said:

nah it won't be that much, they don't know what happened.  K. Hunt was on video kicking a girl in the face and only got 8 games.

They've been collecting reports and photos and other evidence before the case was sealed.  Expect a suspension and 8 games is the baseline.

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

They've been collecting reports and photos and other evidence before the case was sealed.  Expect a suspension and 8 games is the baseline.

Not sure where they would've gotten it, the DA can't release the info to anyone because it involves a minor/child.  He even said that they couldn't answer any questions about the kid or the case and that he never called the NFL back after they attempted to talk to him.  the nfl got stonewalled.

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

How have they been collecting data when that Information is sealed?   They would get sued and they would lose.  

Nothing new came out of that except he acknowledged they think a crime was committed. We learned basically they think a battery happened, which I think many of us assumed. But there isn't evidence to prosecute anyone and the investigation and case from a criminal standpoint is over. From that standpoint IF Tyreek was involved he should be thanking his lucky stars and act accordingly. His career was that close to being over. 

What scares me from the league standpoint is that Goodell now has on record they think a crime was committed. Even though Tyreek may not have even been present when this happened, the fact it happened in his home could be enough for him to levy the 6 game penalty. Plus logic changes my opinion here and I think he was involved. And I think Goodell would agree. If I'm Tyreek I privately sell her out as such and he didn't. 

Honestly if I'm the Chiefs, I'm trading him ASAP and taking the 2nd rounder or whatever and the hit to our Super Bowl chances. This feels like some of that old cryptic Ravens stuff from the late 90s. Of course they stayed the course, took the public criticism and won a world title so who knows. I don't like it though.  

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

Not sure where they would've gotten it, the DA can't release the info to anyone because it involves a minor/child.  He even said that they couldn't answer any questions about the kid or the case and that he never called the NFL back after they attempted to talk to him.  the nfl got stonewalled.

By him, sure.  All they need is a copy of the police report and pictures of the child in a cast, which Tyreek had on instagram until the case exploded.  They could also easily talk to the accuser that triggered the March 15th report and what the DA says.  They can proceed in a lot of ways with this.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

How have they been collecting data when that Information is sealed?   They would get sued and they would lose.  

Yes. If I were Hill I would take that case all the way to the Supreme Court. Union should also support that. NO Evidence NO Crime No Charges. Play Ball.....

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The baseline is 8 based on the Kareem Hunt punishment.  He can slide the amount up or down as he sees fit.

Adrian Peterson admitted to his abuse and they were going to give him 6 I thought until the Vikings suspended him for the season. Hunt also had 2 other assault cases out there after the woman kicking one too.

Zeke also got just 6 was it?

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Because it wasn't sealed the entire time.

Yes it was, nobody in the media could get their hands on any information.  we've been at the DA's mercy this whoel time.

if not, then all of this would've been out a month ago when the first reports came out something happened.

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

By him, sure.  All they need is a copy of the police report and pictures of the child in a cast, which Tyreek had on instagram until the case exploded.  They could also easily talk to the accuser that triggered the March 15th report and what the DA says.  They can proceed in a lot of ways with this.

Agree with your here. An acknowledgement they think a crime was committed is big. If' I'm Tyreek at this point if it wasn't him, I'd have my agent on the phone with Goodell selling out the girl off the record and offering evidence as such and hope this doesn't get out so that the DA could subpoena the information. Really becoming clear why the Chiefs wanted no part in talking to Tyreek about this as they didn't want to become part of the evidence against him.  

One of those two is guilty, but they both stonewalled the DA and you could see his frustration.  Amazing how the different news sources are treating this. Some are saying no charges for Tyreek like he's been exonerated. Others are saying its pretty clear he did it.  This has a very Ray Lewis feel to it on a smaller scale. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree with your here. An acknowledgement they think a crime was committed is big. If' I'm Tyreek at this point if it wasn't him, I'd have my agent on the phone with Goodell selling out the girl off the record and offering evidence as such and hope this doesn't get out so that the DA could subpoena the information. Really becoming clear why the Chiefs wanted no part in talking to Tyreek about this as they didn't want to become part of the evidence against him.  

One of those two is guilty, but they both stonewalled the DA and you could see his frustration.  Amazing how the different news sources are treating this. Some are saying no charges for Tyreek like he's been exonerated. Others are saying its pretty clear he did it.  This has a very Ray Lewis feel to it on a smaller scale. 

thats laughable..pregnant with your twins and wife to be..yea he aint selling sit out.. If he were smart he'd  repeat the Derrick Thomas model ..be a baby daddy  and just pay the bills

Sounds to me more like.. No Collusion  , no obstruction... you'll hear what you want to hear.

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The media received the police reports, so no they were not.

and in those reports, the media said all that was available to them was the first page which is available to the public.  The rest of it, was not.

They or anyone else could not be given any specifics due to in being a case involving a child.

The media asked the DA direct questions on what exactly happened today and he said over and over the information could not be shared due to a child being involved.

Fuck man we all do stupid shit in our life but this brings anger to the soul, like a fire has been lit in the belly of the beast where will this take up? Will a fuckin TMZ video pop up mid season? NFL gonna suspend Reek? Child is out of their custody, good for the kid. Whoever did it, if someone did it, shame on them and their situation. Hope the Chiefs locker room will be good 

7 minutes ago, dksww said:

and in those reports, the media said all that was available to them was the first page.  They or anyone else could not be given any specifics due to in being a case involving a child.

The media asked the DA direct questions on what exactly happened today and he said over and over the information could not be shared due to a child being involved.

The case wasn't sealed from the start, but this back and forth doesn't matter.  He can use whatever he wants to hand down a suspension because this isn't the court of law.  Tyreek Hill would be best served to actively get all the help and counseling and show that he's being reformed to gain some slack.

The situation isn't as dire, but he's not skating from this.

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Nobody is guilty. Innocent until proven guilty. My 3 year old grandson could certainly tell me who hurt him. No Evidence. Guy was a twit to speculate.  I think those season tickets I sent him , noting how amazing it is to watch Hill play,  may have been the deciding factor. 😂

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The case wasn't sealed from the start, but this back and forth doesn't matter.  He can use whatever he wants to hand down a suspension because this isn't the court of law.  Tyreek Hill would be best served to actively get all the help and counseling and show that he's being reformed to gain some slack.

The situation isn't as dire, but he's not skating from this.

a lot of assuming he was the culprit here

Archived