Johnson Co. DA Press Conference on Tyreek HIll at 3:00

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 minutes ago, Balto said:

You can’t compare Zeke and Big Ben to Hill.

Both Zeke and Ben were involved but not charged.....Hill might not of even been the guilty party.  No way can the NFL suspend him.

You know that doesn't matter with Goodell.  He suspends anyone and everyone he gets a chance to.  Hill having to go to court multiple times and a DA press conference to clear his name is more than enough to be considered.

Also, Hill keeping quiet won't work with the NFL.  He'll have to meet with Goodell and other NFL executives to let them know what happened.

Hill is 100% getting some sort of suspension.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

You know that doesn't matter with Goodell.  He suspends anyone and everyone he gets a chance to.  Hill having to go to court multiple times and a DA press conference to clear his name is more than enough to be considered.

Also, Hill keeping quiet won't work with the NFL.  He'll have to meet with Goodell and other NFL executives to let them know what happened.

I 100% agree

Let me rephrase some of my last comment;

I do wonder what information Hill is limited to giving the NFL due to this involving a minor?

Hill's lawyers may have to step in with the NFL and just tell them look, no information can be given to anyone because it involves a minor.

12 minutes ago, dksww said:

You know that doesn't matter with Goodell.  He suspends anyone and everyone he gets a chance to.

I have no love for Goodell but this is such a silly, cartoonish, straw man interpretation of Goodell as a mustache-twirling villain that I can't get over it.

Goodell has been heavy-handed and the NFL has been incompetent, for sure, in these sorts of cases.  But in every other suspension handed down by Goodell, there was at least SOME substantiative evidence.  If he really wanted to suspend "anyone and everyone" then he would have suspended Hunt back before the video came out, or he would have suspended Beckham for being in an Instagram video with probable drug paraphernalia, etc.

I'm unfortunately starting to agree that Hill will get suspended, but I think it pretty much has to play out one of the following ways:

• NFL investigates and concludes Hill was the likely perpetrator, they suspend him
  • Hill doesn't cooperate with the investigation, they suspend him on that basis
  • They can't make a determination, but suspend him anyway for "association" - I think this is the least likely, there's no precedent for it, and they would get murdered in the media
  • They can't make a determination and let it go

13 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I have no love for Goodell but this is such a silly, cartoonish, straw man interpretation of Goodell as a mustache-twirling villain that I can't get over it.

Goodell has been heavy-handed and the NFL has been incompetent, for sure, in these sorts of cases.  But in every other suspension handed down by Goodell, there was at least SOME substantiative evidence.  If he really wanted to suspend "anyone and everyone" then he would have suspended Hunt back before the video came out, or he would have suspended Beckham for being in an Instagram video with probable drug paraphernalia, etc.

I'm unfortunately starting to agree that Hill will get suspended, but I think it pretty much has to play out one of the following ways:

• NFL investigates and concludes Hill was the likely perpetrator, they suspend him
  • Hill doesn't cooperate with the investigation, they suspend him on that basis
  • They can't make a determination, but suspend him anyway for "association" - I think this is the least likely, there's no precedent for it, and they would get murdered in the media
  • They can't make a determination and let it go

I highly doubt they let it go.  I would say there's about a 1% chance of it happening.

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

I highly doubt they let it go.  I would say there's about a 1% chance of it happening.

I would just reiterate that objectively speaking I think the particulars of this case make it uncharted territory.  I understand how people view Goodell; the NFL attempting a suspension is entirely possible, even likely.  But no other case of suspension under Goodell is this murky in terms of having a second suspect.

Hill issued a statement through his attorneys early Thursday, via Brooke Pryor of The Kansas City Star:

“I love and support my family above anything. My son’s health and happiness is my number one priority. I want to thank the Kansas City Chiefs, my attorneys, my agent and my union for supporting me through this. My focus remains on working hard to be the best person for my family and our community I can be, and the best player to help our team win.”

In addition, this was also included from Hill’s attorneys, per Pryor:

Tyreek has maintained from the inception and throughout the investigation that he was innocent of any crime. Contrary to some media reports, Tyreek cooperated with law enforcement, waived his Fifth Amendment rights, and answered questions from both law enforcement and DCF. He continues to cooperate with authorities. Unfortunately, due to laws related to confidentiality, as much as he would like to, he cannot comment regarding specific allegations.

9 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Hill issued a statement through his attorneys early Thursday, via Brooke Pryor of The Kansas City Star:

“I love and support my family above anything. My son’s health and happiness is my number one priority. I want to thank the Kansas City Chiefs, my attorneys, my agent and my union for supporting me through this. My focus remains on working hard to be the best person for my family and our community I can be, and the best player to help our team win.”

In addition, this was also included from Hill’s attorneys, per Pryor:

Tyreek has maintained from the inception and throughout the investigation that he was innocent of any crime. Contrary to some media reports, Tyreek cooperated with law enforcement, waived his Fifth Amendment rights, and answered questions from both law enforcement and DCF. He continues to cooperate with authorities. Unfortunately, due to laws related to confidentiality, as much as he would like to, he cannot comment regarding specific allegations.

YES.......If I were Hill I would sue anyone that takes any negative action against him. The league should face an unprecedented lawsuit if they punish. Conduct policy or not. Someone needs to take the NFL to TASK.

I wonder what information he can legally share with the NFL?

I can't imagine it being the case, but it kind of does seem like he can't say anything to anyone about it because it involves a minor.

Otherwise, we would have FULL details on everything that happened.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

I wonder what information he can legally share with the NFL?

I can't imagine it being the case, but it kind of does seem like he can't say anything to anyone about it because it involves a minor.

Otherwise, we would have FULL details on everything that happened.

IANAL but it's entirely possible that different rules apply to the DA's office vs. Tyreek.  Just like HIPAA prevents your Dr. from sharing your medical history but you can share it with anyone that you like.

Again, I'm saying that's POSSIBLE without knowing the full extent of the law.

4 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Why did he lose custody of the son?

He has not "lost custody."  It's been reported that the son was removed from the home.  The DA would not confirm that, other than to say the child was safe.  It appears that there is an ongoing CPS process to determine what happens next.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Article 46 references things as simple as not cooperating with an investigation as punishable.  I think Tyreeks gonna get a suspension as well. 

17 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Why did he lose custody of the son?

They are in the Family Court process with that and the son was removed from Tyreek and his fiancés house in the interim. The entire thing is sealed so literally nobody knows who’s not part of the investigation. And since the criminal investigation is closed we may never know. And that includes the league.  

Its pretty simple. They think either Tyreek or the fiancé broke the kids arm. But they don’t have the evidence to prove which it was. This unfortunately is a very typical result in situations like this. 

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

He claims he cooperated with the police.  The NFL can get him for not cooperating with their independent investigation.

I think the DA was pretty clear they didn’t by not commenting.  Goodell could easily flip this into not cooperating with him. 

13 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

IANAL but it's entirely possible that different rules apply to the DA's office vs. Tyreek.  Just like HIPAA prevents your Dr. from sharing your medical history but you can share it with anyone that you like.

Again, I'm saying that's POSSIBLE without knowing the full extent of the law.

but do we know what he can actually share with the Chiefs or NFL?  I mean the DA made it clear he wasn't allowed to share it with anyone and never called the  NFL back.

Archived