Final draft predictions?

liquidfriend

3 minutes ago, xen said:

lol the giants.  Nice waste of 2 of 3 1st round picks.

Raiders were approaching wtf territory as far as value but at least they didn't take a shitty QB in the top 10 like the G-men.

yea that QB pick  made my chin drop..it was like WTF!?

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not defending the Giants, but to be fair, they really need a new QB and there was no Elway, Manning, Luck, Mahomes, or even a Wentz or Trubisky.  They took what was there and hope to turn it into an average starter down the road.  

I understand that, but hoo boy at no point ever watching Daniel Jones did I ever see a great starter.....much less a first round pick.

Basically they massively reached on a QB, took a 2 down fatty when they already had a pretty decent DL and traded up to reach on a corner that they could have got without moving up, that will probably struggle in that blitz heavy Defense.  It was the most what the fuck 3 first round choices I've ever seen.

53 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I understand that, but hoo boy at no point ever watching Daniel Jones did I ever see a great starter.....much less a first round pick.

Basically they massively reached on a QB, took a 2 down fatty when they already had a pretty decent DL and traded up to reach on a corner that they could have got without moving up, that will probably struggle in that blitz heavy Defense.  It was the most what the fuck 3 first round choices I've ever seen.

It's always amazing to see teams move up to get someone who is 90% likely to be available at their next regular pick.  These guys are professionals, but sometimes they outsmart themselves. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's always amazing to see teams move up to get someone who is 90% likely to be available at their next regular pick.  These guys are professionals, but sometimes they outsmart themselves. 

Gettleman is clearly senile at this point of the game.  Missed out on a great QB prospect in Sam Darnold to take a RB (sure Barkley is great, but still foolish when you have no QB) to come back and take a QB that will have them shopping again in a few years.

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Gettleman is clearly senile at this point of the game.  Missed out on a great QB prospect in Sam Darnold to take a RB (sure Barkley is great, but still foolish when you have no QB) to come back and take a QB that will have them shopping again in a few years.

Read a good response on Twitter.  Paraphrasing... Consider that Gettleman traded away the best run defender in the league, Snacks Harrison, for a 5th round pick, then used a 1st round pick in the teens to draft a run stuffer that he hopes turns out as good as Harrison.  And stuffing the run is not an ability anyone goes after in round 1 in the modern game. 

Just dumb all around.  They took a 3rd or 4th round Qb in the top 10.  Just good god... 

7 minutes ago, xen said:

Read a good response on Twitter.  Paraphrasing... Consider that Gettleman traded away the best run defender in the league, Snacks Harrison, for a 5th round pick, then used a 1st round pick in the teens to draft a run stuffer that he hopes turns out as good as Harrison.  And stuffing the run is not an ability anyone goes after in round 1 in the modern game. 

Just dumb all around.  They took a 3rd or 4th round Qb in the top 10.  Just good god... 

And the Corner that would work best in a cover2 or 3 sort of system going to a Defense that blitzes the most in the NFL, so will have to get by without that help over the top.  It's really baffling.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

And the Corner that would work best in a cover2 or 3 sort of system going to a Defense that blitzes the most in the NFL, so will have to get by without that help over the top.  It's really baffling.

Archived