Seth Keysor on 810am right now.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

You'd have to be an idiot to not be positive.  Does that mean you can't say they overspent?  Not at all, because they did.  They just happened to overspend for the right player.

Is it possible that the Chiefs overspent because they had Earl Thomas yanked away at the last minute and were afraid it would happen again?  It's hard to imagine that any other team would have spent as much as the Chiefs did. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is it possible that the Chiefs overspent because they had Earl Thomas yanked away at the last minute and were afraid it would happen again?  It's hard to imagine that any other team would have spent as much as the Chiefs did. 

Nor can I think of a team with SB aspirations that needed a pass rusher more than us.   

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

I would say no.  I doubt the chiefs were fearful Clark would break his leg, which is why the Thomas trade went away.  It's just as simple as 3 teams were bidding.  That never bodes well for value.  After absorbing this for a while, I'm ok with it.

3 hours ago, xen said:

I would say no.  I doubt the chiefs were fearful Clark would break his leg, which is why the Thomas trade went away.  It's just as simple as 3 teams were bidding.  That never bodes well for value.  After absorbing this for a while, I'm ok with it.

Certainly, Veach knows the business better than any of us here and the Chiefs needed a good pass rush guy.  But with the other holes and looking at a decade of SB opportunities, it still seems a very steep price.  We;ll know more when the see the final roster and who they add at TE, RB, CB, and S.

Archived