Draft DaY Fresh Thread...What Say You

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Veach will move around some.  

Corner and WR should be the main targets.

I wouldn’t rule out next years 1 being in play also if he sees a guy dropping in the 1st that he really likes. 

The ilb from LSU is the only guy I see worth trading that far up for. Imo. WR CB don’t seem to have that one guy.

17 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Veach will move around some.  

Corner and WR should be the main targets.

I wouldn’t rule out next years 1 being in play also if he sees a guy dropping in the 1st that he really likes. 

THanks. I like Veach aggressive style. I think KC moves up. You guys know way more than I. I am way to lazy to do that work and research. I invest that time in Real Estate Sales and Training Agents.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Would you use next years #1?

Most teams would assume the Chiefs' #1 next year will be toward the bottom of the draft.  Only way they trade would be for two second day picks this year to fill some weak roster spots this season  Priorities should be CB, TE, RB, and S in that order.  They have a gaping hole at CB and TE.  Agree, they shouldn't reach, but going down a few spots to fill those two makes sense.  After Murphy, Baker, Greedy, Ya-Sin, Oruwariye, Layne, and Mullen, who would the Chiefs take at #61 if they're set on a CB?  Would they wait until the third round?  Tomorrow will be interesting. 

Just now, Chiefswinitall said:

The reason people get excited about the 1st round picks is that they become players for YEARS and eventually ring of fame.  I know , i know - Marcus Peters.    This guy we traded for is kinda a boner killer.  Never in the ring of fame or hall of fame.

There are plenty of 1st round picks that were not here for years or in the ring of fame.

3 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

The reason people get excited about the 1st round picks is that they become players for YEARS and eventually ring of fame.  

Like Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, or Sly Mo?  ☺️

I could make a list of about twenty over the years. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Like Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, or Sly Mo?  ☺️

I could make a list of about twenty over the years. 

Or 

https://www.chiefs.com/news/a-historical-look-at-the-chiefs-first-round-draft-picks-18755786

Tyson Jackson (No. 3 overall - 2009), Glenn Dorsey (No. 5 overall - 2008), Dwayne Bowe (No. 23 overall - 2007) and Harvey Williams (No. 21 overall - 1991).

Larry Johnson,  Greg Hill,  Baldwin,  Blackledge, Etc

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Or 

Tyson Jackson (No. 3 overall - 2009), Glenn Dorsey (No. 5 overall - 2008), Dwayne Bowe (No. 23 overall - 2007) and Harvey Williams (No. 21 overall - 1991).

Yep, better to trade for established players like Chester McGlocklen or Kindrick Bell.  

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yep, better to trade for established players like Chester McGlocklen or Kindrick Bell.  

We signed Bell, not traded for him. I think Clark, Green and such where we traded our first for we got value. Clark has to be seen but you can also say we traded a first for Mahomes too.

5 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

There's uh like 2 players tops that I would move up for (in a trade that involves a future 1).  Williams and Bosa and they're both going top 5 so that takes care of that.

Yeah, but that’s you.  😎

Archived