Nope, don't want him. Uber talented...will break the bank. When they gave him his current 5 year deal, he was one of the higher paid corners at the time. Because of inflation his contract doesn't look as valuable as it did at the time of the signing. So now he wants a new contract to become the highest paid corner, when he probably won't live up to it when his cap dollars become higher. I would not sign him to such contract. That's how teams get themselves into cap trouble.

6 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Nope, don't want him. Uber talented...will break the bank. When they gave him his current 5 year deal, he was one of the higher paid corners at the time. Because of inflation his contract doesn't look as valuable as it did at the time of the signing. So now he wants a new contract to become the highest paid corner, when he probably won't live up to it when his cap dollars become higher. I would not sign him to such contract. That's how teams get themselves into cap trouble.

Oh I didn't realize he was going for a big contract, I just assumed he was getting old and wanted to play for a winner.

5 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Oh I didn't realize he was going for a big contract, I just assumed he was getting old and wanted to play for a winner.

Oh no, this has everything to do with his contract from what I have read. His pay for this season will rank 24th among CB's. But at the time of the signing back in 2014, which was his first chance for a contract, he signed a very lucrative contract for the time. I fear the Chiefs would end up with 2-3 years of having a CB that is on the downside of his career when his pay would be very high.

That said...I could be totally wrong. Veach has been excellent thus far with his contracts having tons of maneuverability in years 4 and 5. I tell you what, it is clear to me this is why Dorsey is not in KC any longer. The cap savings in year 4 and 5 for Frank Clark is yet another example.

Year Base SgnBonus Workout Incentives CapHit Dead Savings
2019 $805K* $3.8M $195K $300K $5.1M $43.8M -$38.7M
2020 $24.0M* $3.8M $500K $300K $28.6M $39.2M -$10.6M
2021 $18.5M* $3.8M $500K $300K $23.1M $29.9M -$6.8M
2022 $19.0M $3.8M $500K $300K $23.6M $7.6M $16M
2023 $20.5M $3.8M $500K $300K $25.1M $3.8M $21.3M
*gtd $82.8M $19M* $2.2M $1.5M $105.5M  

1 hour ago, xen said:

With Fuller on the roster I don't think he's a fit.  They're both much better in the slot.  That's a lot to pay for a nickel or dime corner.

Harris can play well outside too.  But I don't think we need a #2 kind of guy.

There's a little smoke about a WR in Philadelphia though.  Wait and see approach because Philly's asking price is high.

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Harris can play well outside too.  But I don't think we need a #2 kind of guy.

There's a little smoke about a WR in Philadelphia though.  Wait and see approach because Philly's asking price is high.

Meh he's much better in the slot.  

12 hours ago, Balto said:

Donkey Face would ask for Mahomes in compensation haha

Veach should then calmly say....But you traded up in front of us to get Paxton Lynch, you should be happy MUAHAHAHA

We should just pick up Lynch and trade him straight up for Harris. I bet Elway is missing him already. 

Archived