Updated: KCTV5 audio/story, Hill suspended by Chiefs

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Scary thing is he's probably heard the conversation and knows that's what happened. He just can't act like he knows.

I think he does know something, because he said that channel 5 news has been sitting on this story for a while.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

If the recording was obtained illegally it can't be used as evidence

No but public perception of it all will go through the roof. And then Goodell can act with an 8 game suspension or suspended until they get their investigation done

5 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

possible if it's bad enough.  I think the Chiefs are gonna attempt to weather this storm.

I'd bet the farm against that..by noon tomorrow he has been released and the Chiefs will have either drafted or traded for somebody

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No but public perception of it all will go through the roof. And then Goodell can act with an 8 game suspension or suspended until they get their investigation done

He's facing a suspension anyhow, so this really doesn't matter much.  Using an illegal recording to extort a response from a party is what really sticks out.

The recording itself isn't going to reveal anything that isn't already suspected.

so it's either nothing on the audio and just audio they have to get ratings, OR it's something awful and for whatever reason couldn't be used against them, which I can't see being the case.

Just now, oldtimer said:

I'd bet the farm against that..by noon tomorrow he has been released and the Chiefs will have either drafted or traded for somebody

If he wasn’t honest with the Chiefs then I agree.  If he learned from Kareem then maybe they try and weather the storm.   Have 0 confidence he fessed up though to anything.

I still go back to Andy’s comments about the legal team advising them not to talk with Hill as being really odd.  Like they knew about this tape or knew about something.   

Still hard for me to imagine TMZ wasn’t on this first.

Sucks to be us but if nothing else at least we know now at this point of the season instead of mid season.   Thankfully we still have Mahomes!

11 minute audio when they are on vacation in Dubai and had just found out they were being investigated. The broken arm happened in January, not March. And that fits with the cast we saw on his Instagram account. The investigation started in March and that's where the police reports came from. Apparently some third party reported them.  Also of note the reporter basically said she's been sent all kinds of information over the past several weeks "obviously from someone that thinks justice needs to be done."

They won't play it all as she said some of it isn't appropriate or something. One excerpt at 6 and another at 10. If she said why their conversations were recorded, I didn't hear it.  Edit....they just said his fiance is the one who recorded the call to protect herself.....Double not good. 

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If he wasn’t honest with the Chiefs then I agree.  If he learned from Kareem then maybe they try and weather the storm.   Have 0 confidence he fessed up though to anything.

I still go back to Andy’s comments about the legal team advising them not to talk with Hill as being really odd.  Like they knew about this tape or knew about something.   

Still hard for me to imagine TMZ wasn’t on this first.

Sucks to be us but if nothing else at least we know now at this point of the season instead of mid season.   Thankfully we still have Mahomes!

The Chiefs covered their asses here a bit by simply not asking any questions whatsoever about this. So he wasn't given an opportunity to lie. 

So a close friend is ratting them out or couldn’t extort any money?  Outside the court of public opinion, which can be damning, isn’t this sort of recording illegal?  And couldn’t playing it open oneself up to being sued?  I’m no lawyer so...

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

So a close friend is ratting them out or couldn’t extort any money?  Outside the court of public opinion, which can be damning, isn’t this sort of recording illegal?  And couldn’t playing it open oneself up to being sued?  I’m no lawyer so...

Yes

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The Chiefs covered their asses here a bit by simply not asking any questions whatsoever about this. So he wasn't given an opportunity to lie. 

Maybe that’s why they were advised not to say anything.  But do we really think Clark Hunt wouldn’t have demanded answers?  Hope for the best and preparing for the worst.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Tyreeks fiance recorded it. 

Archived