Updated: KCTV5 audio/story, Hill suspended by Chiefs

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 minutes ago, wilkie said:

I think he is facing possible jail time.   His reputation in this town is shot.  I would hope he would receive a lifetime ban from the NFL but as you say somebody will pick him up.

Obstruction? Would a confession result in charges? You are the pro here....I just liked to watch "Law and Order" alot....

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

but AP  IIRC just spanked the child altho maybe too brutally.... in comparison AP looks  pretty good

He used a switch and a belt that left welts and cuts all over his body.   Kid was 4 years old.   

I don't think Peterson had the prior history that Hill did though.  

50 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

but AP  IIRC just spanked the child altho maybe too brutally.... in comparison AP looks  pretty good

AP beat his son with a switch and admitted to hitting the 4 year old in the testicles with it...

Just to confirm, the Chiefs held a PC last night at about 10:00 my time stating Hill has been suspended from all team activities until further notice.

Veach said they would look at everything and give an update after the draft.

Obviously he's done with the Chiefs.  We know they will cut him.

However, the smart, football, business move here is to give him a team suspension without a release to keep him off someone else' roster and potentially beating us down the road with him.

The last thing any of us wanna see is for all of this to happen, PLUS having to see Tyreek Hill kill us in the playoffs for the Patriots,  Steelers or whoever.

I know this looks just awful yesterday and today, but I promise you, if the Chiefs cut Hill on Monday and after the summer comes around, Hill gets an NFL suspension for 6-8 games, a few months goes by and this blows over, a team will sign him going into training camp or in the pre-season. 

Now, all of this could be a moot point with Hill possibly facing jail time, but if not, the Chiefs should just hold onto him because he really doesn't cost much and it's worth it just to keep him off another team's roster.

16 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

If the recording was obtained illegally it can't be used as evidence

True, which why I originally assumed the police had it and leaked it. But according to our resident attorney all you need is one of the two parties consent to make it legal. It would seem anyway the police just received this yesterday. But who knows. I really don't care anymore. Tyreek needs some real help and doesn't deserve to be the NFL right now. That said the NFL better damn well back us up if we do release him and not let the Browns or Broncos just cherry pick him onto their roster. We shouldn't be hurt competitively on both sides of this deal like we did with Kareem. 

I'll finish with this interesting note. I just heard on Sportsradio 810 that the Chiefs were worried about Kareems offfield incidents enough its one of the reasons we signed Damian Williams. Just like Sammy Watkins and Tyreek.

They still don't have much of a case in my opinion. He said on the tape he didn't hurt the kids arms. He never specifically said he did anything and she led him into some sly acknowledgements of sorts which won't carry much weight. From an NFL or Chiefs standpoint that's plenty to work with to make the tough decisions.

But from a legal perspective it's still pretty dicey. As was mentioned yesterday, they will need to threaten her with charges enough to spill all the beans about every physical contact Tyreek had with the kid to build a real case in my opinion. Soon enough it won't be the problem of the Chiefs or Chiefs fans. I think again Veach is going to make sure we don't get screwed on this deal like we did with Kareem. I'd bury him on the suspension list and take the 500,000 cap hit before I let him walk to the Broncos, Raiders or Browns after an 6-8 game suspension next year if that's all he's gonna get. And it might be.  

16 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

If the recording was obtained illegally it can't be used as evidence

Recorded in the Dubai airport. Not sure what privacy laws they have there.....so I don't believe that the Linda Tripp rule applies here.....also it was not a telephone call....it was a audio of a conversation, like wearing a wire....(Yes I know you need a warrant for that)

Just now, Mloe68 said:

They still don't have much of a case in my opinion. He said on the tape he didn't hurt the kids arms. He never specifically said he did anything and she led him into some sly acknowledgements of sorts which won't carry much weight. From an NFL or Chiefs standpoint that's plenty to work with to make the tough decisions.

But from a legal perspective it's still pretty dicey. As was mentioned yesterday, they will need to threaten her with charges enough to spill all the beans about every physical contact Tyreek had with the kid to build a real case in my opinion. Soon enough it won't be the problem of the Chiefs or Chiefs fans. I think again Veach is going to make sure we don't get screwed on this deal like we did with Kareem. I'd bury him on the suspension list and take the 500,000 cap hit before I let him walk to the Broncos, Raiders or Browns after an 6-8 game suspension next year if that's all he's gonna get. And it might be.  

I do not see how Clark Hunt could reconcile himself with that fact they released Hunt for pushing and kicking a grown woman with keeping a man who broke a 3 year old's arm while inflicting torture upon him, not discipline- that was torture.

15 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

:blink::blink::blink:

Tough decisions?  The ONLY decision is to cut ties with the child-abusing woman-beating loser immediately.  That's the ONLY decision.

20 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Recorded in the Dubai airport. Not sure what privacy laws they have there.....so I don't believe that the Linda Tripp rule applies here.....also it was not a telephone call....it was a audio of a conversation, like wearing a wire....(Yes I know you need a warrant for that)

Generally speaking, you have the right to record video in all public spaces without need of consent. ... But here's the most important part: recording video of aconversation in public might be legal, but recording audio along with that video is not if you're in a two-party state.

That was a real quick google response, so take it for what it's worth. I'm sure someone with more time could dig deeper. It is my limited understanding that a conversation at a residence can't be recorded without consent because there is an expectation of privacy, however in a public place anything said or done could be heard or witnessed by anyone and therefore permission to record is not needed. But again, I am in no way stating this with even 20% of confidence. LOL

Example of this would be when people record an incident that has both visual evidence and sound with their phone as a person abuses another person in public.

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If we take the cap hit and he becomes a FA, then all has blown over and someone signs him....we could get a comp pick. Shitty way but at least we bury him for a year.

If he is suspended and has to forfeit pay, the Chiefs would get that amount back the following year in Salary cap room- i think... I was reading a piece on Ezekial Elliots suspension

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I do not see how Clark Hunt could reconcile himself with that fact they released Hunt for pushing and kicking a grown woman with keeping a man who broke a 3 year old's arm while inflicting torture upon him, not discipline- that was torture.

We release him tomorrow, he gets a 6 game suspension and then what. He's right back in the league playing against us in the playoffs like Kareem will likely be this year. The league needs back us up with at least a 1 year suspension or else we need to take action to protect ourselves from that scenario. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Tough decisions?  The ONLY decision is to cut ties with the child-abusing woman-beating loser immediately.  That's the ONLY decision.

Yes tough decisions as it was going to be BEFORE that audio came out. Thanks for playing though. 

1 minute ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Generally speaking, you have the right to record video in all public spaces without need of consent. ... But here's the most important part: recording video of aconversation in public might be legal, but recording audio along with that video is not if you're in a two-party state.

That was a real quick google response, so take it for what it's worth. I'm sure someone with more time could dig deeper. It is my limited understanding that a conversation at a residence can't be recorded without consent because there is an expectation of privacy, however in a public place anything said or done could be heard or witnessed by anyone and therefore permission to record is not needed. But again, I am in no way stating this with even 20% of confidence. LOL

What state is The Dubai International Airport in? Arkansas? Or is outside of Toledo?

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

What state is The Dubai International Airport in? Arkansas? Or is outside of Toledo?

I have no idea. I assumed it was out of the country. lol

conversation took place out of the country this is what I found:

Like many US legal questions, there is a Congressional Research Service report about this.

It is not generally a violation of US law to do things in another country where the only connection with the US is that the offender is a US citizen. However, there are a number of general situations where the US has jurisdiction over federal crimes if either the victim or offender is a US citizen: if a place isn't within the jurisdiction of any country (e.g. Antarctica); a place used by a US government entity (like an embassy or airbase); crimes by American soldiers and those employed by or accompanying the military; etc. These are considered to be within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the US.

10 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Why is that?  So another team can swoop in like the browns, and get his talents after an 8 game suspension.  If the chiefs release him, we will be signed the minute the case is decided by police and goodell.  I say suspend him, and wait out to see what the ruling is.  because you know if they try to give him a lifetime ban, the union will fight it because technically, this is his first offense.  What he did in the past is not relevant because it occurred before he was in the NFL.  Now, do not think I am defending him, I think he is a POS, and I don't want him on my team, but I dont want him on anyone elses either so for now. hang on to his ass!

Archived