NFL draft - Chiefs targets

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senior Bowl report:

Top Performer DL: Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois

A surprise here but the so called “Aaron Donald of the FCS” was incredible all week. Saunders is insanely strong and a very nimble athlete as well which is apparent by his love of performing backflips despite being 320 pounds. In one on ones, he was almost impossible to block and gave first round talents fits all week. There was one rep that he lost early but simply put his arm out and drove Wisconsin guard Michael Dieter back all the way to the quarterback. Along with looking like the best defensive lineman this week, Saunders also celebrated the birth of his daughter this week. Impressive week for the rising star.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well DT depth and development. Dont hate a guy that can take on double teams and frees up the LBs.

Didnt need dline at all could of got a developmental DL prospect in the 6th rd there will be no good CB's, RB's, TE's, or LB's left in the 6th rd smh

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Didnt need dline at all could of got a developmental DL prospect in the 6th rd there will be no good CB's, RB's, TE's, or LB's left in the 6th rd smh

You win in the trenches. We have a good S/Cb guy and we had nothing at DT depth. Now we do. We can pick up a RB from cuts.  A te would have been nice but what TE us better value than this guy that was available?

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

You win in the trenches. We have a good S/Cb guy and we had nothing at DT deoth. Now we do. We can pick up a RB from cuts.  Ate would have been nice but what TE us better value than this guy that was available?

Definitely better CB's and RB's not sure about TE but is more of a need than DT with:

Jones, Nnaadi, Williams, and possibly Speaks all playing inside

Just now, Shadow said:

Definitely better CB's and RB's not sure about TE but is more of a need than DT with:

Jones, Nnaadi, Williams, and possibly Speaks all playing inside

This guy will start behind Nnaadi and take it from him mid season. Dont count in speaks at all. Still need 4 good DT rotation 

Probably just BPA on their board.  No way would I reach on this RB class.  Saunders is a better value than the tight ends left.  I personally feel like there are some corners available that could contribute.  But hey, you win in the trenches and this guy could tear it up next to Stone Cold Jones.

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

You win in the trenches. We have a good S/Cb guy and we had nothing at DT depth. Now we do. We can pick up a RB from cuts.  A te would have been nice but what TE us better value than this guy that was available?

Yep. If your DLine can create pressure without help, your defense is in business. And you have to have depth there more than any other position. Our Dline could become flat lethal!

Keep in mind according to PFF only 15 players in the entire 2018 draft ended up being starters and posting even an average grade. It’s why you take the best available players because instant impact starters are extremely rare. 

3 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Much different defense than last year.  Wow.    Could be where the interest is.

Spagnuolo has a proven record of massive defensive improvement in year 2. My expectation especially after our player loses was more struggles next year and then a huge jump.  But I think with our massive coaching staff upgrades and looking at the roster, they are going to be significantly better next year.  

Best draft location ever!  It’s like Mardi Gras on Honky Tonk Row which is already an amazing strip of live music joints.  209,000 plus at the draft. I was skeptical but it’s a slam dunk success for the NFL. I might even go to Vegas next year after seeing this. 

Archived