NFL draft - Chiefs targets

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Dorian ODaniel, Reggie Ragland, Anthony Hitchens, Damien Wilson, Ben Niemann

Makes me very nervous. Hitchens will be better inside but idk about the rest. O'Daniel is serviceable. Hasn't proven he's an every down backer yet.

I believe Sorenson and Williams will be cut now that Hill is done we will look to add some pieces after cuts.   Hill screwed those team over with his stupidity.  As far as the draft is concern.  Love the picks.  Don’t know much about them last guy but looks promising. 

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Who do we have playing Linebacker? Seriously.

I keep telling you guys.  They are gonna have less than 3 LBers on the field a lot and Hitchens and DoD are probably your sub package backers.  There's not much need there.

The focus needs to be at just getting the best available TE with the next pick than just pure BPA after.

Good picks but still some work to do.  Could use some veteran reinforcement at WR (Dez Bryant or Crabtree) and they gotta do something at Tight End.  What? Idk.  Guess get Gresham for cheap or something.

Corner is somewhere they need to swing a big trade at.

Still available.

Williams, James, RB, Washington St.

• By CBS Sports Staff
  • Apr 16, 2019 at 8:54 pm ET • 1 min read

Draft Scouting Report:

Williams was essentially the James White of the Washington State offensive the past two seasons, and you do not want to see him out in the flat if you're a linebacker or even a defensive back. His lateral mobility is remarkable -- and seemingly effortless.

9 hours ago, Palangi said:

SLB- Wilson, Neimann

MLB- Hitchens, Spaight

WLB- DOD, Davison

Ragland gets cut

Depth chart right now has Ragland starting.  I wouldn’t count him out.  He played well in year one here and was slowed by an injury from the beginning last year. My problem again is that too many of our LBs look like the same guy in terms of strengths and weaknesses.  We need ODaniel to win the job.  Its a bottom tier group but with a potential for a lethal dline to develop it can minimize or better simplify their role. 

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Going to be a long 4th and 5th rounds.

We looked at too many RBs to believe we won’t trade into a spot here and take one. Just my opinion. That’s about the only position right now we could reasonably expect to help us next year too.  I could obviously be way off base though. Could just wait til the 6th  

A guy like Alex Barnes from KState put up a monster Sparq score.  Guy to watch today for us along with Rodney Anderson, Dexter Williams and Darwin Thompson. 

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Depth chart right now has Ragland starting.  I wouldn’t count him out.  He played well in year one here and was slowed by an injury from the beginning last year. My problem again is that too many of our LBs look like the same guy in terms of strengths and weaknesses.  We need ODaniel to win the job.  Its a bottom tier group but with a potential for a lethal dline to develop it can minimize or better simplify their role. 

Ragland will get a shot at the Mike.  As long as he doesn’t have to play more than 8-10 yds off the ball, he might be ok.  If they want him to turn and run, he’s toast.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

We looked at too many RBs to believe we won’t trade into a spot here and take one. Just my opinion. That’s about the only position right now we could reasonably expect to help us next year too.  I could obviously be way off base though. Could just wait til the 6th  

A guy like Alex Barnes from KState put up a monster Sparq score.  Guy to watch today for us along with Rodney Anderson, Dexter Williams and Darwin Thompson. 

5'11"220 lbsTemple
11POS RK
158OVR RK
62GRADE

Pre-Draft Analysis

Armstead is a big back with excellent top-end speed for his size and is a threat to go the distance if he gets a seam. He's an overaggressive runner who doesn't gives his blockers time to get into position and misses some holes

Combine results 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ryquell-armstead?id=32194152-4d08-7415-19ec-70f8e3f1c566

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Ragland will get a shot at the Mike.  As long as he doesn’t have to play more than 8-10 yds off the ball, he might be ok.  If they want him to turn and run, he’s toast.

I don't think we can compare the Chiefs' LB play last season under Sutton with what will happen this year under Sprags.  LB certainly isn't a strength, but it might be better with a new DC. 

Archived