NFL draft - Chiefs targets

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Funny, but hardly equivalent.  

Target players you want, try to figure out where they are gonna go and jump ahead if reasonably possible. Its just how Dorsey and now Veach does it right or wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I feel this is an underwhelming draft

hands were tied with tyreek hill situation, plus we had to pick at the ned of each round.

Thornhill was a great pick and I like mecole hardman working with Reid and Mahomes.

K. Saunders is a project but his a great athlete for his size.  He'll come in as a situational pass rusher.

we traded the 4th and 5th round picks.

6th and 7th round picks are roll of the dice, but I think D. Thompson will be a good RB in this offense as well.

8 minutes ago, dksww said:

hands were tied with tyreek hill situation, plus we had to pick at the ned of each round.

Thornhill was a great pick and I like mecole hardman working with Reid and Mahomes.

K. Saunders is a project but his a great athlete for his size.  He'll come in as a situational pass rusher.

we traded the 4th and 5th round picks.

6th and 7th round picks are roll of the dice, but I think D. Thompson will be a good RB in this offense as well.

Plus we basically drafted Frank Clark in the first round with the 29th pick. 

28 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I feel this is an underwhelming draft

I normally feel that way to Palangi, but like others said if you consider Frank clark our #1 pick I think we hit a homer in here.

Frank Clark

Mercole Hardman

Juan Thornhill 

K Saunders

Looks like a solid draft.  Exited about Thornhill back there with HB and I think Watts steps it up this year too.  We could go from a huge weakness to a huge strength in one offseason.

I remember being so happy when we drafted Glenn Dorsey.  And I thought Tank and Turk were going to be unstoppable.  And Dee Ford.  And I was glad when they finally drafted a big WR in the first (Baldwin).  And Bernard Pollard.  And I thought Brodie Croyle might work out.  I remember scrambling to find info on Junior Siavii and thinking he could be really good.

I still love the draft, but I learned a while back that I don't know enough about the guys to make anything out of it. 

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I remember being so happy when we drafted Glenn Dorsey.  And I thought Tank and Turk were going to be unstoppable.  And Dee Ford.  And I was glad when they finally drafted a big WR in the first (Baldwin).  And Bernard Pollard.  And I thought Brodie Croyle might work out.  I remember scrambling to find info on Junior Siavii and thinking he could be really good.

I still love the draft, but I learned a while back that I don't know enough about the guys to make anything out of it. 

I don’t know if I learned a while back but I feel the same.  We really don’t know.   Looks decent on paper though so far.

It's all a crap shoot, you go with the best information possible,  but at the end of the day you don't really know who has the toughness, work ethic, cerebral capacity, and will to excel when things get real. Play the odds, that's why I hate trading up, ends up a numbers game at the end of the day. More you bring in, better odds you find a keeper.

6 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

It's all a crap shoot, you go with the best information possible,  but at the end of the day you don't really know who has the toughness, work ethic, cerebral capacity, and will to excel when things get real. Play the odds, that's why I hate trading up, ends up a numbers game at the end of the day. More you bring in, better odds you find a keeper.

True but you can also say you have a better chance in taking the guy you have studied for a long time and know how he fits your system. You get those types for a better chance to make it then and better the team. The picks you have left you use for ST and depth/development. There is always UDFA and cuts.

Archived