Our 2 2nd round picks. Call it. What positions do we take?

Two secondary ? Safety and corner?   Or a mix?   Center + Safety?     I said this before , Chiefs brass are high on Byron Pringle.  We may be ok at WR?

Linebackers any good in the 2nd?   I still don't know what our coaches think of our LB'er core in the 4-3.

CB , OL

CB -  We will probably add another vet after cuts but we need to groom a starter for next year so we don't have to keep signing one year stop gaps.

OL - Because without Tyreek around Mahomes will need some extra time in the pocket.

13 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Great day IMO.  I have a feeling that one of Rock Ya-Sin, Greedy Williams or Byron Murphy will get at least close enough to the Chiefs pick to where they can move up for minimal cost.

Lot of great WR options left too.  Chiefs should sit still.

Don't need to move up.

Corner and WR should be the top targets.

Parris Campbell is the best fit to replace Hill.  Their 3rd would be enough to get them to around 40, which might be high enough to get him.  Or, one of the higher graded corners left.  Greedy, Murphy, Ya-Sin.

Tons of great options at WR and DB will be there.  Can even get some speedsters like Andy Isabella! or maybe a Mecole Hardman or Parris Campbell if that's what they want.  Can't wait to see how this shakes out.  Wouldn't even mind a trade down or up with one of the picks.

CB and TE are mandatory as I see it.  There's no one there to play those positions aside from a few bodies off the scrap heap.  S, WR, and RB need upgrades or additions as does the O-line and OLB, but until the second TE and third CB are in house, this team has taken a step backward.

17 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Great day IMO.  I have a feeling that one of Rock Ya-Sin, Greedy Williams or Byron Murphy will get at least close enough to the Chiefs pick to where they can move up for minimal cost.

Lot of great WR options left too.  Chiefs should sit still.

Exactly. Day one was really almost a dream scenario for us with all of our top CBs still there. Let the board play out and target a guy with trade if the list is running thin later in the round because a run is coming.

After that Andy Isabella and Jace Sternberger are guys to watch. We've also been looking at A LOT of RBs. And my guy Nasir Adderley is still there who I know you love..LOL 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Exactly. Day one was really almost a dream scenario for us with all of our top CBs still there. Let the board play out and target a guy with trade if the list is running thin later in the round because a run is coming.

After that Andy Isabella and Jace Sternberger are guys to watch. We've also been looking at A LOT of RBs. And my guy Nasir Adderley is still there who I know you love..LOL 

If we go RB I think it might be Montgomery.

17 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

lol

I think they need to aim a little higher than Andy Isabella for a Wide Receiver.  Need someone with some elite potential now that we know for sure Tyreek is never playing another down here again.

Metcalf, Campbell or Samuel IMO

Archived