To close the book on John Dorsey

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

2015: Marcus Peters

2016: Tyreek Hill

2017: Kareem Hunt

Enough said.

agreed.. I sat through that draft  occasionally checking  on here..just mad as fuk.. I'm still mad  and really never gave Dorsey  a 2nd thought but that SOB should be throat punched  and really so should Andy and Clark..stupid fuckers

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

agreed.. I sat through that draft  occasionally checking  on here..just mad as fuk.. I'm still mad  and really never gave Dorsey  a 2nd thought but that SOB should be throat punched  and really so should Andy and Clark..stupid fuckers

To be fair, hindsight is 20/20

It would be interesting to see the comments on the draft choices by the posters in here....maybe I will do a search....nah.....

2 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

It would be interesting to see the comments on the draft choices by the posters in here....maybe I will do a search....nah.....

Peters had authority issues in college, but nothing criminal.  I had him in my mock that year, but thought they should have gone in another direction. 

Hunt was pretty clean other than a suspension for violating team rules early in college, as a freshman, I think.  I loved the pick.

Most here, including me, were livid with the Hill pick.  I thought the Chiefs were insane to bring in a player with that history.  Especially, since the Belcher incident was still pretty fresh.  

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

IIRC the Hill signing was always controversial but Andy & Co gave us the sales job and we believed in him . Bil to his credit said he's fail again. I on the other hand believed  the front office and went with it.

I dont remember the Hunt signing having  any controversy

Peters: I think we all knew he'd  be ahead case and in reality  he  seems the less of the 3 evils 

That’s unfair, he took gambles and some didn’t pan out.  Don’t forget we also gambled on Houston and Kelce and up to this point they’ve worked out (please don’t have jinxed Kelce)....

what Dorsey sucked at and killed us was his contract negotiations....

Every team has players like these every year. It just so happens ours have been high profile. Like someone said in another thread, some of these players are just plain dumb. They didn’t have the stable upbringing and hedged their bets on athletics but didn’t shed their behavioral past, their old crews, or get proper perspective once in college. You have to weed these guys out, no matter how much short term money they may bring. NFL doesn’t look very long term, else they’d not cover up concussions or let past high profile criminals back in the league.

3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

That’s unfair, he took gambles and some didn’t pan out.  Don’t forget we also gambled on Houston and Kelce and up to this point they’ve worked out (please don’t have jinxed Kelce)....

what Dorsey sucked at and killed us was his contract negotiations....

Ehhhhhhh.  There's a big difference between betting on the weed guy and betting on the guy that punched and choked his pregnant girlfriend.

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Sounds like a Raiders draft class

Yeah.  The worst part is he did not learn his lesson at all and was very interested in Simmons.

ESPN's quick action to try and whitewash the Titans pick was the grossest coverage of the draft I have ever seen.  Ever.

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah.  The worst part is he did not learn his lesson at all and was very interested in Simmons.

ESPN's quick action to try and whitewash the Titans pick was the grossest coverage of the draft I have ever seen.  Ever.

Yeah, that was pathetic. Should have gone Oline- Ravens sacked Mariota 11 times in last years game.....thats an oof

34 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Yeah, that was pathetic. Should have gone Oline- Ravens sacked Mariota 11 times in last years game.....thats an oof

Yikes.  I don't think they're sold on Mariota though.  Not that they've given him much help.  

Would you trade a 5th round pick for a top 5 receiver on a rookie contract even if you only got him for 3 years? Of course you would. We got good value out of the pick for Hill, it just sucks he had potential for so much more and brought shame on the organization.

3 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Would you trade a 5th round pick for a top 5 receiver on a rookie contract even if you only got him for 3 years? Of course you would. We got good value out of the pick for Hill, it just sucks he had potential for so much more and brought shame on the organization.

So thats worth the shame?

On 4/26/2019 at 8:24 AM, SEMO said:

Veach just spent big draft capital to bring in another guy with DV in his past.  We'll see how that works out.  

The incidence of DV has always been very high in the male population since the beginning of man. It almost always stays hidden out of the victims' fear of more of the same or loss of financial support.  In some circles, slapping around or beating a wife or kid has almost been given a nod of approval, or at least a wink.  Some have even interpreted parts of the Bible as justifiying it, which is insane, but you can find almost anything in a Bible and put your preferred interpretation on it.  But it really is as old as man.  By definition, though, public figures are in a public light, and it isn't easy to keep things quiet for long.  Anyone who thinks this has not been a part of football since before Bronco Nagurski is delusional.

Archived