Can Sammy do the job?

I think it's a 50-50 that they can sit still and land a Parris Campbell, who is a slightly slower Tyreek Hill but still really fast.  Plenty of options for them to get a WR, so no reason to panic at all.  The Eagles are also shopping a WR that's pretty good, too.

Just be super glad this all happened pre-draft and not post-draft.  The usual Chiefs result would have been this all would come out on Sunday, right after the draft.

28 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I think it's a 50-50 that they can sit still and land a Parris Campbell, who is a slightly slower Tyreek Hill but still really fast.  Plenty of options for them to get a WR, so no reason to panic at all.  The Eagles are also shopping a WR that's pretty good, too.

Just be super glad this all happened pre-draft and not post-draft.  The usual Chiefs result would have been this all would come out on Sunday, right after the draft.

Curious, would the Chiefs still have traded for Clark knowing that Hill would not be available and use that #1 on a WR like Marquis Brown?

17 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Curious, would the Chiefs still have traded for Clark knowing that Hill would not be available and use that #1 on a WR like Marquis Brown?

Yeah I think they still would have done a trade, but they might have traded for Clowney instead of Clark.  The draft press conference is gonna be really, really awkward.

They've already said they liked the depth at WR and never looked at Marquise Brown.  Andy prefers guys that are a plus at being a blocker, which isn't a thing that Brown excels at.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

Yeah I think they still would have done a trade, but they might have traded for Clowney instead of Clark.  The draft press conference is gonna be really, really awkward.

They've already said they liked the depth at WR and never looked at Marquise Brown.

I am listening to Frank Clark's presser- Andy opened up with a statement that their statement remained unchanged even based on the fact the investigation is reopened "This is about Frank"

Clark was homeless- didn't know that....

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I am listening to Frank Clark's presser- Andy opened up with a statement that their statement remained unchanged even based on the fact the investigation is reopened "This is about Frank"

Clark was homeless- didn't know that....

Woof.  They look super tone deaf right now.

11 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Probably for him to get in, pass the physical and seal the deal and a little time to get adjusted to KC.

They should have done this weeks later though.

Could have done that or they could have just kept it to try and take some of the Hill sting off too now.

Sammy Watkins - The new #1

DRob - Will have a real opportunity this year

Byron Pringle - A guy the brass seems to really love

Marcus Kemp - His familiarity should earn him a spot 

Greg Dieter - Unless he becomes the second coming of Julian Edelman he doesn't make the squad

Sammy Coates - Has the talent to make this squad but who knows.

We will be drafting a WR in the 2nd and signing a cut veteran to round out the group.    Hope someone good gets cut.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Sammy Watkins - The new #1

DRob - Will have a real opportunity this year

Byron Pringle - A guy the brass seems to really love

Marcus Kemp - His familiarity should earn him a spot 

Greg Dieter - Unless he becomes the second coming of Julian Edelman he doesn't make the squad

Sammy Coates - Has the talent to make this squad but who knows.

We will be drafting a WR in the 2nd and signing a cut veteran to round out the group.    Hope someone good gets cut.

If some WR is cut you better think they would love to try and come here with Mahomes and Reid on a try one to better set themselves up next year. The opportunity is there for a WR.

Sammie is a great receiver when healthy.  He’s not blazing fast but plenty fast enough.  I actually like him better than Hill because he’s not afraid of contact.  Watching Hill give himself or run out of bounds when he’s about to be tackled always irked me.  A big part of this game is just being tough. 

That said, I do think we need to find a pure speed guy. Mahomes arm is too strong to not have a guy who can burn. Honestly I’m hoping they stick with Hill and ride out the suspension. Worrying about PR isn’t going to get us to a super bowl.  Every job in the world has pieces of shit that work in its industry. Let the court system handle that stuff and keep the league out of personal lives. 

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

Sammie is a great receiver when healthy.  He’s not blazing fast but plenty fast enough.  I actually like him better than Hill because he’s not afraid of contact.  Watching Hill give himself or run out of bounds when he’s about to be tackled always irked me.  A big part of this game is just being tough. 

That said, I do think we need to find a pure speed guy. Mahomes arm is too strong to not have a guy who can burn. Honestly I’m hoping they stick with Hill and ride out the suspension. Worrying about PR isn’t going to get us to a super bowl.  Every job in the world has pieces of shit that work in its industry. Let the court system handle that stuff and keep the league out of personal lives. 

Maybe all the CBs that Hill would play against would be 3-4 yrs old: then he wouldnt mind any contact.

Archived