Mecole Hardman

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 4/27/2019 at 3:46 AM, moons314 said:

As for the pick, I love this pick.  What was Hill's 40?  4.28?  The difference between that and a 4.33 is literally a big toe at the finish line.  

Also, I don't believe this pick should have any bearing on Hill and that situation.  If he goes, great, we have his replacement, but you can never have enough speed, and having two speed guys on the outside paired with Kelce and Sammie, holy shit that's a dangerous offense.  I don't want to discuss Hill here, I'm just saying that this is a great pick, and you make it whether Hill is staying or going.  

more like 4.24, vs 4.27  this guys is slightly slower than hill, by slightly i mean very, very close.. I think its a good pick, and I also believe, it would of been the pick if tyreek had not had issues. 

Toub, has to be ecstatic, amongst other things...

and if hill hadnt been stupid, the combination of 2 sub 4.3 guys with sammie, and kelce.. would be one scary thing.. 

4 hours ago, xen said:

Colts and iggles rumored to be the other teams looking to move up for him.

Then the question becomes, "Who would the Chiefs have gotten at #61 and would they have taken a TE with their fifth?"  I'm not convinced the move was worth it but we're not paid the big bucks to make those decisions. 

Maybe the Chiefs see a lot of Hill in this kid. He, like Hill is new to the position. They both are electric in the open field and good returners. The question will be if Hardman develops into the receiver that Hill became. Does he have good hands? His numbers don't concern me since Georgia was a run first program. They also had an NFL ready receiver on the other side so his numbers were bound to be limited.

Hopefully, Watkins can stay healthy and carry the load this year. He has the ability to pick up a lot of the slack that Hill left and he played maybe half the games last year? I also think that Robinson is ready to break out. Maybe we won't have as many 2-5 play drives for TDs this year, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. 

3 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Maybe the Chiefs see a lot of Hill in this kid. He, like Hill is new to the position. They both are electric in the open field and good returners. The question will be if Hardman develops into the receiver that Hill became. Does he have good hands? His numbers don't concern me since Georgia was a run first program. They also had an NFL ready receiver on the other side so his numbers were bound to be limited.

Hopefully, Watkins can stay healthy and carry the load this year. He has the ability to pick up a lot of the slack that Hill left and he played maybe half the games last year? I also think that Robinson is ready to break out. Maybe we won't have as many 2-5 play drives for TDs this year, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. 

How good of a receiver is Hill?  I mean complete receiver.  He's deadly catching the deep ball because he can get behind DBs, and he's pretty electric when he takes the swing pass in space, but it's also not like he's a crisp route runner.  Let me rephrase, let's say he was a 4.55 guy, he'd probably be playing CFL if he's lucky.  That's not that he shouldn't take full advantage of his most valuable asset, his speed, it's that he's so fast the speed can mask his other shortcomings.  He can't get physical, he doesn't like contact, and tends to disappear when bracketed with a safety over the top.  He's not a 15 yard out get me a tough first down type of receiver.  IMO we kinda dodged a bullet when this abuse scandal hit.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to get rid of him, I just think a 100 million dollar contract would have been a disaster in the long run, because as guys age, speed is typically the first thing that starts falling off, and even if he only fell to a 4.35 guy, he's still lost a ton of value.  

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Except he wasn't the only fish in the barrel.  

Name someone with his skill set and speed.  I don't think there was, Jet.  There is a reason Toub was ecstatic.  They had their eye on him and moved up to get him. They were not impressed with Tre Smith last year, and neither was I.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

I was joking

That's a big problem with the internet forums and Twitter posts. The only way to get emotional context across is to use an emoticon.  Otherwise, meaning can be completely opposite.  This especially comes up in the Locker Room. I forget that all the time.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

That's a big problem with the internet forums and Twitter posts. The only way to get emotional context across is to use an emoticon.  Otherwise, meaning can be completely opposite.  This especially comes up in the Locker Room. I forget that all the time.

It was meant for Xen. In multiple forums there are the “reaching threads” posts etc.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

And elite speed kills, even if it was a reach, why wouldn’t you? It changes the entire nature of the game. Ask bill. He specifically game planned for Tyreek. 

Exactly.  Gotta have it. He will create better field position next year as KR/PR.  He will have an immediate impact and will create points. There is little reason a guy with his skills cannot also be trained up on routes and become a receiver like Hill the year after that.  He will also produce this coming season on reverses and screens as a rookie.  I think this minimizes the loss of Hill quite a bit.  Let's face it.  How many deep balls did Hill catch last year?  The problem was that Mahomes really did not hit Hill in stride very well deep down the field. Also, there were at least two occasions of miscommunication between the two regarding where the cut was coming. The biggest question to me is whether this new guy will have the remarkable vision over his back that Hill had.  Hardman looks more like a slot receiver who will break long ones after the catch.

Archived