Day 3

SEMO

4-7 is basically throwing darts.  Who y’all got that could add quality depth?

Two 6s and a high 7.  I like these guys to still be around when we pick:

Kris Boyd

Justice Hill

Foster Moreau

Terrill Hanks

Savion Smith

Paul Adams

Iman Marshall

Emeke Egbule

Since the Chiefs don't pick until the end of the sixth, it's unlikely that any sleepers fall to them.  Gotta get lucky and find a UDFA or near seventh round pick if they fill any roster spots today.  I'm still bummed that they gave away so much for Clark and then wasted their fifth to move up a few spots when choices were available that would have dropped to them.  Was Hardman really the only choice late in the second?

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Since the Chiefs don't pick until the end of the sixth, it's unlikely that any sleepers fall to them.  Gotta get lucky and find a UDFA or near seventh round pick if they fill any roster spots today.  I'm still bummed that they gave away so much for Clark and then wasted their fifth to move up a few spots when choices were available that would have dropped to them.  Was Hardman really the only choice late in the second?

Veach said Hardman was the target and teams were trying to trade up for him.  They had to move up to get him.  I am fine with it.  

42 minutes ago, SEMO said:

4-7 is basically throwing darts.  Who y’all got that could add quality depth?

Two 6s and a high 7.  I like these guys to still be around when we pick:

Kris Boyd

Justice Hill

Foster Moreau

Terrill Hanks

Savion Smith

Paul Adams

Iman Marshall

Emeke Egbule

A couple of them are gone.

14 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Veach said Hardman was the target and teams were trying to trade up for him.  They had to move up to get him.  I am fine with it.  

Yeah, I heard his presser and he probably really believes it.  My point was that even if they lost out of Hardman, there were still other choices that wouldn't have cost a mid round pick.  Without a fourth, the Chiefs are basically out of the draft with big holes at CB and TE remaining. 

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, I heard his presser and he probably really believes it.  My point was that even if they lost out of Hardman, there were still other choices that wouldn't have cost a mid round pick.  Without a fourth, the Chiefs are basically out of the draft with big holes at CB and TE remaining. 

Maybe he didn’t like the other choices.

5 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm not even watching.  I'm sure they'll draft 3 people we've never heard of, or trade them all in a suite for some middle range pick to draft someone we've never heard of.  Whatever.

But remember trade up only 6 spots for a player that will already be there. 😉

Just now, SEMO said:

Maybe he didn’t like the other choices.

Probably not as much, but like someone mentioned earlier, it's getting a little tiresome seeing draft choices being spent nearly every time the Chiefs come up for a pick.  I realize that draft picks often result in busts, but the Chiefs have so many holes to fill that having fewer and later choices is disappointing.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Probably not as much, but like someone mentioned earlier, it's getting a little tiresome seeing draft choices being spent nearly every time the Chiefs come up for a pick.  I realize that draft picks often result in busts, but the Chiefs have so many holes to fill that having fewer and later choices is disappointing.

TE, OLB, Corner. The more picks the better. No round 4 or 5 picks. 6 or 7 ideally don't make the team. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Most teams view anything after day 2 as UDFA quality.  They will basically use those picks on guys they don’t think they can sign post draft.

And, I don’t see as many holes as everyone else, I guess.  They addressed WR, FS, and DL rotation.  They brought in FAs and traded for Clark.  There will be camp cuts, and more possible trade targets including Kyle Rudolph, who is now rumored to be available.

They need a corner most, but can probably get by with what they have.  Every other need is depth only, which can be addressed today and with UDFAs.

Just now, SEMO said:

Most teams view anything after day 2 as UDFA quality.  They will basically use those picks on guys they don’t think they can sign post draft.

And, I don’t see as many holes as everyone else, I guess.  They addressed WR, FS, and DL rotation.  They brought in FAs and traded for Clark.  There will be camp cuts, and more possible trade targets including Kyle Rudolph, who is now rumored to be available.

They need a corner most, but can probably get by with what they have.  Every other need is depth only, which can be addressed today and with UDFAs.

Here's my list of holes off the top of my head.  CB-big hole, TE-big hole, RB-need Hunt replacement, LB-could upgrade, OL-could upgrade interior.  My fear is that the best the Chiefs can/will do is grab a CB and TE that's no better than Scandrick or Harris would have been.  Maybe that have a grand plan to get Peterson down the road, but at the moment, there's a lot of work to do on the roster.  No need to re-debate the wisdom of what was given up for Clark, but the loss of early draft picks this year and next along with this year's fifth is troubling.  

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Not quite.  4 and some of 5 is where you get some situational guys and ST'ers and pure depth.  6-7 is just guys you don't want to fight over for UDFA contracts lol

Archived