What Undrafted players, positions will we look at?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

James Williams, RB, Washington State

The 5’9, 197 lb. running back was an early entrant from Washington State with a real chance to make this Chiefs roster as a well-rounded back with stellar hands. Last season, he caught 83 passes and he had 202 total catches over the last three seasons. He also averaged 4.6 yards/carry last season and 4.9 yards/carry for his career. Projected as mid-round value who slipped all the way. Chiefs got a real find here.

If I had to pick someone that sticks to the roster somehow, or lands on the IR with a fake injury, it's this kid.  I think he could be an ace in the passing game.

8 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

6'5" DOB -- WT 228 lbs

I like this one big and fast. Watched a highlight video he was really good at timely push offs before ball arrives. Must of watched a lot of AB the push off master.

Four-year starting defensive end Parker Hesse will have tryouts with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Parker Hesse, DE, Iowa #40

6026, 261, 4.77

Notes: From Waukon, IA. Former quarterback in high school who weighed 218 pounds when he arrived on campus. Redshirted in 2014, moving from linebacker to defensive end late in the season. Started 8 games and played in all 14, recorded 44 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 INT (returned 4 yards for TD), 3 PBU, 1 FF and 1 FR in 2015. Started 12 games, missing 1 with an upper-leg strain injury, collected 37 tackles, 8 TFL, 4 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 FR and 1 FF in 2016. Recorded 43 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 3 PBU, 2 FF and 1 FR in 2017. Posted 58 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 4 sacks and 1 PBU in 2018. Played in 52 career games with the Hawkeyes. Biology major who earned his undergraduate degree spring semester of 2017.

Positives: High character team leader. Good athlete. Moves well. Plays with intensity. Good motor. Good quickness. Gets upfield and makes plays all over the field. Hustles in pursuit.

Negatives: Average frame and bulk. Gets bounced around at times.

Summary: Limited by size, but a good football player.

Interesting tidbit I heard today on the Stick to Football podcast regarding UDFAs.  Granted, they have a Chiefs bias, but did a UDFA best of type deal.  Their 2nd best was Mark Fields.  Said the Clemson coaches absolutely trashed him and that's why he went undrafted.  They think if anyone can get his head on straight it's Reid and Spags.  Final nugget, said he has starting caliber NFL talent.  

I know these are only pundits, but they break down tape and aren't complete dumb dumbs.  Thought I'd share that here.

Archived