DK Metcalf?

Chiefmanzada

8 hours ago, xen said:

You can't be a one trick pony in the NFL.  

I'm sorry but with this dude's size and speed and ability to catch the ball, which is to mention his physical potential to improve for NFL gameplay, I would have taken this man 10/10 rather than Hardman, who looks like another DAT/McCluster where injury looms his small body. 

Also, Batman (DK's nickname apparently) ran a faster 40 than this WR we chose before him. A solid 4.33 for a man of his size. 

Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. 

2 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I'm sorry but with this dude's size and speed and ability to catch the ball, which is to mention his physical potential to improve for NFL gameplay, I would have taken this man 10/10 rather than Hardman, who looks like another DAT/McCluster where injury looms his small body. 

Also, Batman (DK's nickname apparently) ran a faster 40 than this WR we chose before him. A solid 4.33 for a man of his size. 

Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. 

Metcalf's closest spider graph comp is Jon Baldwin.  Remember that stiff fuck?  

Metcalf scored in the 2nd percentile in the 3 cone and the 3rd percentile in the short shuttle.  That's not a good place to be, cause, you know, changing direction is kind of an important trait for a WR.  

His catch rate and efficiency percentages are horrendous as well suggesting he may have significant hands issues in the NFL.

We'll see but I don't think he's close to the sure thing you're suggesting.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Metcalf's closest spider graph comp is Jon Baldwin.  Remember that stiff fuck?  

Metcalf scored in the 2nd percentile in the 3 cone and the 3rd percentile in the short shuttle.  That's not a good place to be, cause, you know, changing direction is kind of an important trait for a WR.  

His catch rate and efficiency percentages are horrendous as well suggesting he may have significant hands issues in the NFL.

We'll see but I don't think he's close to the sure thing you're suggesting.

So they were looking for a replacement for Hill, one with a lot of quick energy. The thing is, Hill was able to take NFL hits being strongly stocky.

They didn't want to risk hurting Mahomes reputation by giving him a major WR bust, as DK might have provided, and needed someone to fill in the spot of Hill which likely partakes more than 50% of the playbook of specifically getting this dude the ball. 

Bottom line is, Hardman already has several plays designed for him.

Still, Mahomes needs another Watkins. Maybe next year! Great. Kelce goes down, we're fucked. 

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

8 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Dang man. Hardman's cool but Metcalf has the whole package...wouldnt need Watkins with this dude.

Metcalf cannot do what Sammy does for us at the X receiver position.  Sammy at the X runs a varied route tree and tends to run a lot of intermediate and clear-out routes to create space for other receivers. 

Metcalf runs 2 routes, primarily the go and a bunch of short routes on soft coverage.  This jibes with his profile coming out that he is extremely stiff and his COD is non-existent.  That does not lend itself to doing what Sammy does. 

Not saying he wouldn't have been a good pick but you should disabuse yourself of the notion he would have been a 1 to 1 younger replacement for Sammy.  Just because they play the same position does not mean they do the same things.  For a varied route tree on the Seahags look at what Lockett does.  That would be a Sammy replacement.

5 hours ago, xen said:

Metcalf cannot do what Sammy does for us at the X receiver position.  Sammy at the X runs a varied route tree and tends to run a lot of intermediate and clear-out routes to create space for other receivers. 

Metcalf runs 2 routes, primarily the go and a bunch of short routes on soft coverage.  This jibes with his profile coming out that he is extremely stiff and his COD is non-existent.  That does not lend itself to doing what Sammy does. 

Not saying he wouldn't have been a good pick but you should disabuse yourself of the notion he would have been a 1 to 1 younger replacement for Sammy.  Just because they play the same position does not mean they do the same things.  For a varied route tree on the Seahags look at what Lockett does.  That would be a Sammy replacement.

Dk Metcalf has been playing clutch football.

Mecole could be doing the same things if he had the targets. KC spreads it around soooo much its hard for any of our non Tyreek Kelce guys to put up numbers. Pretty simple..

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Dk Metcalf has been playing clutch football.

Mecole could be doing the same things if he had the targets. KC spreads it around soooo much its hard for any of our non Tyreek Kelce guys to put up numbers. Pretty simple..

I like Mecole a lot. They're slowly integrating him, which is fine. He's proven himself to be a gamer and deserves to a regular target. 

But that DK got a lot of strength and speed. Fun to watch

Yeah I'm fine with the choice Hardman is a stud. We need to start looking for a 6'3"ish big bodied receiver that can go up and get it even if he's covered. D coordinators are finding ways to minimize our speed so we need the next alternative. Herbert was tossing up ridiculous passes to Mike Williams and the dude was coming down with them. Hill does that for us and he's only 5'7" lmao. We need a big receiver.

• 1 month later...

17 hours ago, Calichief said:

Baldy is off base here.  That is not the entire route tree.  Its all variations off straight line routes.  He’s showing go's and slants and going "see, full route tree!"

But it’s just not accurate.  It’s a hype video.

Where's the comebacks, digs, outs, curls, or flats?  When he does try them they're rounded crap routes.  Which is why they don't do them.  Where's the clear outs?  Where's the doubles?  

Look DK may be a 2 trick pony and I'll admit those tricks are pretty damn good, but fans and a few online guys like Baldy are pushing a false narrative here.

DK didn't suddenly get less stiff.  You are born with oily hips or you're not.  He's not working those other types of routes because he can't. 

I mean, it’s OK.  The dude is so big and fast it hasn't really mattered.  But one of the big reason our offense is better than theirs is they only have one guy that can do it all and that’s Lockett.

Yea, I’m not pro metcalf or anything. I thought it was worth adding to the thread.

I do however think it doesn’t matter as long as Lockett is around. 

metcalf is becoming unstoppable at what he does. What he does, he does great.

except some suspect hands at times 

13 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yea, I’m not pro metcalf or anything. I thought it was worth adding to the thread.

I do however think it doesn’t matter as long as Lockett is around. 

metcalf is becoming unstoppable at what he does. What he does, he does great.

except some suspect hands at times 

Its all good.  I'll admit he's a much better pro than I thought he'd be.  Most guys that are one trick ponies don't hold up this well from college to the pros.  I figured with better corners he'd have more issues on go routes but damn he's still just too big and fast for corners.  

IF he had movement skills he'd be Calvin Johnson 2.0 and would have gone top 5.