Look at this hypocritical bullsh*t from PFT

34 minutes ago, dksww said:

Wtf man??? 

This is why the Chiefs haven't cut Tyreek Hill yet because they know 5 months from now no one will care and shit like this will be out there.

This is so stupid.  

Exactly right.  Same people demanding his immediate release are some of the same ones who will credit his new team with a savvy signing. That’s why if I’m Clark Hunt I call Roger Goodell and get some private assurances Hill won’t play in 2019. Beyond that it is what it is. But we shouldn’t potentially get burned in the playoffs by the same player we had to release. And if Goodell won’t give that just suspend him indefinitely and burn his season on the inactive list. His salary is so small it doesn’t matter.  

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Exactly right.  Same people demanding his immediate release are some of the same ones who will credit his new team with a savvy signing. That’s why if I’m Clark Hunt I call Roger Goodell and get some private assurances Hill won’t play in 2019. Beyond that it is what it is. But we shouldn’t potentially get burned in the playoffs by the same player we had to release. And if Goodell won’t give that just suspend him indefinitely and burn his season on the inactive list. His salary is so small it doesn’t matter.  

The league should come up with a way a team can purchase an insurance policy for troubled players, a team should be able to purchase a policy for whatever round they feel the player is worth and you pay for the policy until the team decides it is no longer needed, otherwise the league should set the standards of the quality of people they allow to enter the draft, if the league doesn't want to do that, then I think a team should have some way to protect themselves from taking on the risk.

I believe this is the only reason he is still on the team and not already cut.   We saw what happened to Hunt after he was cut and we don't want to get burned again because we did the right thing.  I also think they have the right to wait until all the facts are our and the legal issues are settled.    

Here's my thoughts...Hill is a scumbag and there's no excuse for what he did, it's disgusting and if guilty should be in jail and banned and suffer multiple broken bones himself. However, the way the NFL is set up, if you do the right thing only the team suffers as we've seen with Hunt. Hunt is getting paid and we can smile and say it's not us writing the check.  I'm almost in the place where I say keep Hill, let the NFL levy the punishment and view him as nothing but a tool to get to SB. I'll boo and despise him every step of the way, but ultimately there's no real consequence for a talented player. It's like dirty politicians...nobody goes to jail anymore or gets prosecuted, just a bunch of empty words and finger shaking. Until the NFL system changes, pieces of shit are going to keep playing.  Use him, boo him, piss on him. It's a no win situation except for the the new team who "rehabilitates" him...they win big. 

I keep going back and forth as what the action should be. Thought cut him initially, but you think the Pats will hesitate signing him? Steelers? Eagles?  Cowboys?  

It disgusts me, but that's how the game is. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Yup.  It also effectively nukes the huge deal Hill would've gotten, so you could look at giving him something like a 2 year deal that's very small, because he's going to be eager to prove he's "reformed" to try to get a bigger money deal.  He'll never get a 100 million deal, but after a couple of years of production while keeping his nose clean, he could likely still pull a 40 million contract in free agency.  After the Hill fiasco I don't give a damn about public opinion, because our loss was someone else's gain.  This just saved the Chiefs a ton of money.

Don't release him now.  Don't let him participate now.  When the legal issues are settled and the league has had its final word, THEN decide how to handle Hill.  The Hunt case showed how an immediate release only hurts the team.  Wait and see what comes out.  If Hill is banned, then the decision is made.  If he loses a season, sit tight and reevaluate a year from now.  No sense giving another team an elite talent just to save face. 

It is a no win situation. The problem is that the media seems to try to take the roles of judge, jury, and executioner in these matters. They want bloodshed and tragedy because it makes a bigger story.  Then after the dust settles they praise the seem that was smart enough to take a chance on the player.  Bottom line. Don't let the media bully you into making a hasty decision, because all they care about is ratings and the story.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:39 PM, jetlord said:

Don't release him now.  Don't let him participate now.  When the legal issues are settled and the league has had its final word, THEN decide how to handle Hill.  The Hunt case showed how an immediate release only hurts the team.  Wait and see what comes out.  If Hill is banned, then the decision is made.  If he loses a season, sit tight and reevaluate a year from now.  No sense giving another team an elite talent just to save face. 

What Jetlord said!!!

1 hour ago, dksww said:

"Uh, kids, I learned you shouldn't kick bitches, even when they're down.  You'd think it'd be ok cause it's pretty easy to kick a bitch while she's on the ground, but evidently that's right out."

- Kareem Hunt

I was listening to Whitlock's podcast tonight. They were all in agreement that losing Hill takes the Chiefs down a notch, from SB favorites to just contenders, along with a small bunch of other teams. They said Hill was a Randy Moss-like type of receiver, not from a talent standpoint; but from a dangerous ability to beat the DB's for touchdowns. It made me feel worse about what the impact of losing Hill will have. 

I agree, it's a no win scenario.  The only thing I can do is take the homer approach, and mind-F myself into believing that the 2nd round pick will be even better than Hill. 

Edit: I must add that I still  believe the Chiefs should not have Hill on the team. 

My take is this.   If the NFL decides HILL cannot play in the NFL , we do not release him so we own the rights to him if that is reversed.   If they suspend him,  we keep the rights to him as in both situations, he does not cost us a roster spot or money.

If they don't suspend him,  it means there was nothing really to all of this.  We made the decision to draft him,  we put the time in to develop him,  Regardless of whether the Chiefs release him or not,  we are the ones who drafted him and gave him his initial shot.  We will be forever linked to that decision .   This organization is just as competent as any other that would give him another opportunity to play in the NFL   I see absolutely no benefit to the team that they release him,  unless his team mates and the coaching staff feel that they simply can no longer work with him.   The fans and the media should not be dictating to the team, what the team does with Tyreek Hill.   As a fan , we can decide for ourselves on whether or not we are ok with whatever the team makes and whether we decide to continue to root for the Chiefs.   For me,  I will stand by the decision the team feels is best for the team . 

10 hours ago, dksww said:

The tweets answering them are precious

Jackie 🕊 @doseofjackie 11h11 hours ago

Replying to @MacStephens @Kareemhunt7 and

I am now a Browns fan just for You Kareem! LETS GET IT 💪🏾🏈

0 replies 0 retweets 3 likes

I’m assuming no females got harmed?

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

So it’s the schools fault for putting a horrendous role model in front of their student athletes? Is it the Browns fault for this fake ass PR move or even signing him? Is it the Chiefs fault for not babysitting his incompetent ass 24/7? Good for him though, skills>morals

1 hour ago, Docbarnabee said:

My take is this.   If the NFL decides HILL cannot play in the NFL , we do not release him so we own the rights to him if that is reversed.   If they suspend him,  we keep the rights to him as in both situations, he does not cost us a roster spot or money.

If they don't suspend him,  it means there was nothing really to all of this.  We made the decision to draft him,  we put the time in to develop him,  Regardless of whether the Chiefs release him or not,  we are the ones who drafted him and gave him his initial shot.  We will be forever linked to that decision .   This organization is just as competent as any other that would give him another opportunity to play in the NFL   I see absolutely no benefit to the team that they release him,  unless his team mates and the coaching staff feel that they simply can no longer work with him.   The fans and the media should not be dictating to the team, what the team does with Tyreek Hill.   As a fan , we can decide for ourselves on whether or not we are ok with whatever the team makes and whether we decide to continue to root for the Chiefs.   For me,  I will stand by the decision the team feels is best for the team . 

After the Ray Rice debacle, there is no way the Ravens touch a guy with Domestic Violence history. They just will not do it.

22 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

After the Ray Rice debacle, there is no way the Ravens touch a guy with Domestic Violence history. They just will not do it.

Kind of like the Chiefs drafting a 1st round QB after the Blackledge debacle......... only took us 35 years....

24 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Kind of like the Chiefs drafting a 1st round QB after the Blackledge debacle......... only took us 35 years....

35 years from now, I doubt Steve Bisciotti is still the owner let alone alive...so you might be right

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

The tweets answering them are precious

Jackie 🕊 @doseofjackie 11h11 hours ago

I am now a Browns fan just for You Kareem! LETS GET IT 💪🏾🏈

0 replies 0 retweets 3 likes

I’m assuming no females got harmed?

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

So it’s the schools fault for putting a horrendous role model in front of their student athletes? Is it the Browns fault for this fake ass PR move or even signing him? Is it the Chiefs fault for not babysitting his incompetent ass 24/7? Good for him though, skills>morals

I saw that too, Browns' fan defending him.  this will be the same thing when Hill signs with a new team

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I like how the one guy called the woman in the video "racist"....what?

Yup, that's what I was talking about.  We're 5 months later from the video coming out and already people, especially Browns' fans, do not care anymore.

They'll say the same things about Tyreek Hill in a few months.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I like how the one guy called the woman in the video "racist"....what?

From what I heard, Hunt put her out of the room because she wouldn't hook up with his buddy. She started calling him racial slurs and that's when Hunt lost his mind.  That may be what they are talking about.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

From what I heard, Hunt put her out of the room because she wouldn't hook up with his buddy. She started calling him racial slurs and that's when Hunt lost his mind.  That may be what they are talking about.

" Hunt's friends then reportedly told police the woman used the N-word "

Justification....

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

58 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

" Hunt's friends then reportedly told police the woman used the N-word "

Justification....

Not excusing Hunt's actions, but I would think if he wanted her to do that, and she wasn't down with it, a normal level-headed young lady would just leave. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

Not excusing Hunt's actions, but I would think if he wanted her to do that, and she wasn't down with it, a normal level-headed young lady would just leave. 

What normal, level-headed young man gets upset about a female not wanting to hook up with his buddy?

Archived