Why Should Chiefs Do the Right Thing ?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

There's evidence here too. 

For you and me that take the time.  Video on every news outlet and all social media was far more damaging to PR than the DA not knowing for certain that a crime was committed or who did it. In my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

For you and me that take the time.  Video on every news outlet and all social media was far more damaging to PR than the DA not knowing for certain that a crime was committed or who did it. In my opinion. 

Plenty of outlets were playing the clip of "You better fear me too, bitch" 

6 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

If talking shit were a crime, we couldn't field a team.

Well talking shit like that when you've got a history like he does is enough for this situation.  It's pretty simple really.

If you have a history of DV, you're not going to get slack when you're accused of DV again.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I have no idea why people insist on that the Chiefs are lying about the situation

I am not saying they are lying.  I am saying that the statement is ambiguous on the why.  The statement literally does not say "Kareem was cut because he lied."  A more accurate restatement is, "After initially believing Kareem's version of the story, we then learned that he had actually assaulted a woman.  Therefore, we have cut him."  Subtle but important difference in being cut over a lie vs. being cut over the act, or IMO, being cut over the totality of the situation (the assault, the lie, and the PR hit of the video).

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I am not saying they are lying.  I am saying that the statement is ambiguous on the why.  The statement literally does not say "Kareem was cut because he lied."  A more accurate restatement is, "After initially believing Kareem's version of the story, we then learned that he had actually assaulted a woman.  Therefore, we have cut him."  Subtle but important difference in being cut over a lie vs. being cut over the act, or IMO, being cut over the totality of the situation (the assault, the lie, and the PR hit of the video).

Because they're not going to publicly say, "oh no we're cool if he stomped her in the face, but he lied"

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Well talking shit like that when you've got a history like he does is enough for this situation.  It's pretty simple really.

If you have a history of DV, you're not going to get slack when you're accused of DV again.

I get what you are saying. However, without a visual it's hard to know the context. Maybe he was trying to make a joke. Was he grinning after he said it? What she was talking about no doubt made him uncomfortable (whether true or not) and some people try to make jokes in that situation. I think that's one reason why the DA didn't pounce on this audio, just too much ambiguity in it. I'm not sure Hill is the smartest tool in the shed regardless. You don't make light or threaten someone who is trying to have a serious discussion about your child. Chiefs should probably cut him for his stupidity alone.

5 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I get what you are saying. However, without a visual it's hard to know the context. Maybe he was trying to make a joke. Was he grinning after he said it? What she was talking about no doubt made him uncomfortable (whether true or not) and some people try to make jokes in that situation. I think that's one reason why the DA didn't pounce on this audio, just too much ambiguity in it. I'm not sure Hill is the smartest tool in the shed regardless. You don't make light or threaten someone who is trying to have a serious discussion about your child. Chiefs should probably cut him for his stupidity alone.

Come on now.  You and I and everyone else knows better.

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Because they're not going to publicly say, "oh no we're cool if he stomped her in the face, but he lied"

Do you believe that's true, though?  I don't.  I don't believe they were "cool" with the assault.  But the lie broke the camel's back on whatever options they were considering.

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I have no idea why people insist on that the Chiefs are lying about the situation

I haven’t insisted anything. I have said that in my opinion the fact that he was on video everywhere beating a chick was a bigger part of getting cut than lying about it was. There were lots of things he could have lied about that would not have gotten him cut in the middle of one of the all time great franchise seasons.  

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Come on now.  You and I and everyone else knows better.

No you don't and neither does anyone else outside the Hill household. The one thing I do know is if either of the parents truly gave a shit about this kid, the truth would have already come out. 

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

There was criticism of the Chiefs after the Hunt cut that claimed exactly this.  I don't believe it.  I think it's more complicated than that, and I believe that a proper reading of the statement supports my interpretation.  I know lots of others seem to be reading "he lied and was cut" and read it as "he lied and that's why he was cut, not the assault thing" but I don't buy it.

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Do you believe that's true, though?  I don't.  I don't believe they were "cool" with the assault.  But the lie broke the camel's back on whatever options they were considering.

Um, yeah.  They took in Frank Clark even after his situation and Tyreek.  There's a reason one was just traded for, one hasn't been released yet and the other situation got cut.  Th

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I haven’t insisted anything. I have said that in my opinion the fact that he was on video everywhere beating a chick was a bigger part of getting cut than lying about it was. There were lots of things he could have lied about that would not have gotten him cut in the middle of one of the all time great franchise seasons.  

The tape can be whitewashed.  Did you not see the NFL white wash the Simmons tape?

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

Um, yeah.  They took in Frank Clark even after his situation and Tyreek.  There's a reason one was just traded for, one hasn't been released yet and the other situation got cut.  Th

The tape can be whitewashed.  Did you not see the NFL white wash the Simmons tape?

Ok. His beating a woman had nothing to do with it.  It’s just that we demand integrity.  I think I’m coming around. 

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't think Simmons was just beating a woman, I believe he was beating on a woman that was beating up his sister.

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

He wasn't suspended for a lengthy amount of the investigation.  There's no way to spin, "you better be scared of me too, bitch"

I'm not spinning anything.  Hill might be a worse person than Hunt.  He probably is.  But an audio tape of someone saying you better be scared of me bitch does not have the shock value of a 5 minute video of an NFL player getting physical with a woman.  You obviously disagree.  That's fine.  But don't act like the fact that he kicked the shit out of a woman on camera had nothing to do with him getting cut.  It did.   

39 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not spinning anything.  Hill might be a worse person than Hunt.  He probably is.  But an audio tape of someone saying you better be scared of me bitch does not have the shock value of a 5 minute video of an NFL player getting physical with a woman.  You obviously disagree.  That's fine.  But don't act like the fact that he kicked the shit out of a woman on camera had nothing to do with him getting cut.  It did.   

If lying was the crime , well,  Reid and CO lied every time they said Berry was day to day.....by my count it was 112 times, yet they are still in charge. 😉

3 hours ago, wilkie said:

That is my point.   Don't release him!   Let the NFL suspend h im and we can pick up the 2019 slack of his salary.   Then we do not play him or let him practice.   If he is the competitive athlete we suspect he is,  squeeze him and let him to come to management with an offer of compromise and beg to be traded.   I cannot see that there is much downside for KC in this scenario.

Agree.  Should have done the same with Hunt. 

Archived