Why Should Chiefs Do the Right Thing ?

I do get what you are saying because I feel that we don’t get that benefit of doing the right thing.  It worked out for us with Dwayne Bowe in that it allowed us to cut him, but otherwise, I would have liked to have challenged the suspension. I feel that was made with the interest of hosting a Super Bowl.

We voluntarily hosted a game out of the country losing a home game in order to get something. We released Hunt quickly earn favor I guess. And if we do something here,  it would be doing the right thing, but where is the pay off?

Is doing the right thing and pay off? Certainly not football wise unless he does perform poorly. If he does get a big contract and doesn’t play well because of off the field issues or serendipity.

And we would never know if he does do poorly because maybe he would’ve done well with us, but doesn’t elsewhere because of not having Mahomes as his quarterback and learning a new system and being under a coach that doesn’t view him as a receiver?

So even if he does poorly, we won’t know that we lucked out and that won’t be a reward for doing the right thing but rather a coincidence. Unless it is clear that the distractions of the court hurt Hill.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole situation I am upset about , is that if the Chiefs " Do the right thing"  ,  which is cut ties with Hill ( arcording to most of the mainstream media) ,  they still catch hell for drafting him in the first place and the Chiefs lose out on a big part of their team.   If the suspension is 8-10 games,  that means Hill could be playing for a competitor and potentially cost the Chiefs  Double.  I for one, think that the Chiefs are being smart with this.  This time they are not letting pure emotion drive their actions.   They are  going to let the NFL complete their assessment of this situation and also let the legal system play out.  I fine with Tyreek Hill's career being over,  but if he is still going to be allowed to play in NFL,  the Chiefs should be compensated for him.  This is a tough situation for the Chiefs to be in, but I think they are simply playing this smart.

14 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Certainly you are welcome to take them at their word for why he was cut.  And you can believe that he could kick the shit out of his girlfriend on national television and not get cut if he had told the truth about it.  I disagree, and don't' think the Chiefs or their fans would have given credit for truth telling.  It was a PR nightmare that they were not willing to endure in my opinion.  But I have admitted that I may be wrong.  Understanding that you can be wrong is important.  Certainly the fact that he kicked the shit out of her was part of the equation.  A very very big part.  Surely you recognize that. 

I do question myself; I hope you understand that. Him lying and committing the assault are not exclusive- I recognize that.

But, if the 'kick', determined by management to not be that bad, as some in here say it was, and he told the truth, he would probably still be a Chief.

I don't think a compensation is likely. Assuming he comes back after a year Chiefs wouldn't offer him anything more than peanuts and the same could be for any other team as we have seen in the Hunt example. We took a risk by drafting a felon and always knew something like this could come up. In reality we already got our compensation by drafting such a talented guy so late in the draft but such players are always rentals. 

9 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I do get what you are saying because I feel that we don’t get that benefit of doing the right thing.  It worked out for us with Dwayne Bowe in that it allowed us to cut him, but otherwise, I would have liked to have challenged the suspension. I feel that was made with the interest of hosting a Super Bowl.

We voluntarily hosted a game out of the country losing a home game in order to get something. We released Hunt quickly earn favor I guess. And if we do something here,  it would be doing the right thing, but where is the pay off?

Is doing the right thing and pay off? Certainly not football wise unless he does perform poorly. If he does get a big contract and doesn’t play well because of off the field issues or serendipity.

And we would never know if he does do poorly because maybe he would’ve done well with us, but doesn’t elsewhere because of not having Mahomes as his quarterback and learning a new system and being under a coach that doesn’t view him as a receiver?

So even if he does poorly, we won’t know that we lucked out and that won’t be a reward for doing the right thing but rather a coincidence. Unless it is clear that the distractions of the court hurt Hill.

Rams were the home team in the Mexico game last year. Thats why when it was cancelled they played in LA.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I do question myself; I hope you understand that. Him lying and committing the assault are not exclusive- I recognize that.

But, if the 'kick', determined by management to not be that bad, as some in here say it was, and he told the truth, he would probably still be a Chief.

You have the "kick" while she was down.  Then you have the "reason" she was down in the first place.  There's no place for it.  If I kill someone and then say "I didn't kill someone", one of those things is worse than the other.  The NFL suspends people for domestic violence.  They do not suspend you for lying.  Domestic violence is a crime.  Lying is not under most circumstances.  In my opinion, they cut ties with him because he was on video, everywhere, and every headline was Kareem Hunt Brutalizes Woman. 

The Chiefs, or any team for that matter, should not be pressured to immediately release these players if the NFL is just gonna slap them on the wrist and let them get signed by another team.  I mean if you look around, nobody really cares about the Kareem Hunt video/incident anymore and at the time, people were freaking out and comparing it to the Ray Rice video as far as awfulness.

I have no doubt that if Tyreek Hill doesn't face jail time, this will be the same thing.  In 5-6 months or in maybe a year, nobody will care about this anymore.

I think the Chiefs know this and are waiting it out to give their own suspension on top of the NFL's OR they will just wait out the suspension and possibly even play him.

Again, no one will care about this by November, I promise. 

As soon as he signs with another team that team will be praised for having such a great talent on their roster.

The NFL knows Hill is the most dangerous player in the league and banning him or suspending him for a year is bad for the league.

40 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

You have the "kick" while she was down.  Then you have the "reason" she was down in the first place.  There's no place for it.  If I kill someone and then say "I didn't kill someone", one of those things is worse than the other.  The NFL suspends people for domestic violence.  They do not suspend you for lying.  Domestic violence is a crime.  Lying is not under most circumstances.  In my opinion, they cut ties with him because he was on video, everywhere, and every headline was Kareem Hunt Brutalizes Woman. 

Okay, I can appreciate your opinion and see your point of view.

28 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Chiefs, or any team for that matter, should not be pressured to immediately release these players if the NFL is just gonna slap them on the wrist and let them get signed by another team.  I mean if you look around, nobody really cares about the Kareem Hunt video/incident anymore and at the time, people were freaking out and comparing it to the Ray Rice video as far as awfulness.

I have no doubt that if Tyreek Hill doesn't face jail time, this will be the same thing.  In 5-6 months or in maybe a year, nobody will care about this anymore.

I think the Chiefs know this and are waiting it out to give their own suspension on top of the NFL's OR they will just wait out the suspension and possibly even play him.

Again, no one will care about this by November, I promise. 

As soon as he signs with another team that team will be praised for having such a great talent on their roster.

The NFL knows Hill is the most dangerous player in the league and banning him or suspending him for a year is bad for the league.

This goes to show us that the Personal Conduct Policy Enforcement in the NFL is a total mess.

I totally understand why Chiefs fans are upset that they lost the NFL's Rushing leader last year to another team and did not receive any compensation; now new team only has him for 8 games but after that, they have him at a bargain basement price.

not fair at all

7 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

This goes to show us that the Personal Conduct Policy Enforcement in the NFL is a total mess.

I totally understand why Chiefs fans are upset that they lost the NFL's Rushing leader last year to another team and did not receive any compensation; now new team only has him for 8 games but after that, they have him at a bargain basement price.

not fair at all

maybe that's the punishment for drafting them, but it just seems lame that each team gets pressured to release them and "do the right thing" only to see the NFL give out a small suspension and another team scoops them up.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

and not even 5 months later nobody cares. 

14 minutes ago, dksww said:

maybe that's the punishment for drafting them, but it just seems lame that each team gets pressured to release them and "do the right thing" only to see the NFL give out a small suspension and another team scoops them up.

So its a "Risk/Reward" scenario?

I think that the team picking the cut player up should have to give some kind of draft pick compensation as opposed to the Mike Florio idea of docking draft picks from the team the drafted the troublemaker, who then gets burned by having to "do the right thing"and is without his services. No doubt Hunt's absence cost the Chiefs last year- now Florio wants to double punish the drafting Team? GTFOH

22 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So its a "Risk/Reward" scenario?

I think that the team picking the cut player up should have to give some kind of draft pick compensation as opposed to the Mike Florio idea of docking draft picks from the team the drafted the troublemaker, who then gets burned by having to "do the right thing"and is without his services. No doubt Hunt's absence cost the Chiefs last year- now Florio wants to double punish the drafting Team? GTFOH

yeah, that's dumb.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

and not even 5 months later nobody cares. 

I didn't think what Hunt did was THAT bad, unnecessary yes, but certainly not on par with breaking the arm of your 3 year old.  At the VERY least, Tyreek Hill admitted on recorded audio that he literally punches his 3 FUCKING YEAR OLD in the chest to punish him which basically amounts to torture of an infant.  You guys would look a lot less slimy if you stopped defending Hill or justifying keeping him around.  Oh, and Hill is also apparently a racist who doesn't like white people.  So there's that too.

19 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

I didn't think what Hunt did was THAT bad, unnecessary yes, but certainly not on par with breaking the arm of your 3 year old.  At the VERY least, Tyreek Hill admitted on recorded audio that he literally punches his 3 FUCKING YEAR OLD in the chest to punish him which basically amounts to torture of an infant.  You guys would look a lot less slimy if you stopped defending Hill or justifying keeping him around.  Oh, and Hill is also apparently a racist who doesn't like white people.  So there's that too.

People were freaking TFO over Kareem Hunt kicking a woman.  Again, they compared it to the Ray Rice video, which is tough to argue  against depending who you are. 

I don't disagree, what Hill did was way worse.  After the audio release, I stopped defending him, I'm just pointing out all the hypocritical takes and stances by people who 5 months ago who said the same things about Hunt;  but don't care that he's on the Browns now.

We're not justifying keeping him around, we're saying the NFL needs to come in and at least say he can't play in 2019 because the Chiefs shouldn't have to cut him only to watch him sign with another team.

Make no mistake, unless Hill goes to prison and just serves an NFL suspension, whenever that is up, he will be on an NFL roster. 

I am all for letting it all pan out see what the legal system has to say as well as the NFL.  Then, the Chiefs should be free to do what they feel is right for the team in relation to the full picture of the situation actually is.  The media right now is nothing more than an angry lynch mob that wants a big story. 

"

"So its a "Risk/Reward" scenario?

I think that the team picking the cut player up should have to give some kind of draft pick compensation as opposed to the Mike Florio idea of docking draft picks from the team the drafted the troublemaker, who then gets burned by having to "do the right thing"and is without his services. No doubt Hunt's absence cost the Chiefs last year- now Florio wants to double punish the drafting Team? GTFOH"

REALLY!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is basically what I said about waiting to see what happened to him so no other team could have his services, and you FRIGGIN BASHED ME FOR IT!! What a hypocrit you are!

Why is that?  So another team can swoop in like the browns, and get his talents after an 8 game suspension.  If the chiefs release him, we will be signed the minute the case is decided by police and goodell.  I say suspend him, and wait out to see what the ruling is.  because you know if they try to give him a lifetime ban, the union will fight it because technically, this is his first offense.  What he did in the past is not relevant because it occurred before he was in the NFL.  Now, do not think I am defending him, I think he is a POS, and I don't want him on my team, but I don't want him on anyone else's either so for now. hang on to his ass!

Sound familiar???  This is the exact post you were giving me shit about!  Looks an awful lot like yours!

1 hour ago, dksww said:

People were freaking TFO over Kareem Hunt kicking a woman.  Again, they compared it to the Ray Rice video, which is tough to argue  against depending who you are. 

Ray Rice literally knocked a woman out with a right hook then drug her unconscious carcass through a hotel hallway...  Hunt kicked someone, which was stupid and deserves to be called out for it, but in my opinion what Ray Rice did was WAY worse, and it basically ended his career.  He actually goes around speaking out against domestic violence and controlling your temper to schools, which is pretty cool...

As far as Hill goes, he's a piece of shit.  So what if he's on another NFL roster?  Do you want him on YOUR roster?  Do you want your family and friends to cheer for someone who beats the hell out of pregnant women, breaks the arms of their 3 year old son, punches their 3 year old son in the chest as punishment, and is racist towards white people?  Go let him play for another team, at least then his stench is away from your team.  Character matters and apparently that dude has none, at all.

9 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Ray Rice literally knocked a woman out with a right hook then drug her unconscious carcass through a hotel hallway...  Hunt kicked someone, which was stupid and deserves to be called out for it, but in my opinion what Ray Rice did was WAY worse, and it basically ended his career.  He actually goes around speaking out against domestic violence and controlling your temper to schools, which is pretty cool...

As far as Hill goes, he's a piece of shit.  So what if he's on another NFL roster?  Do you want him on YOUR roster?  Do you want your family and friends to cheer for someone who beats the hell out of pregnant women, breaks the arms of their 3 year old son, punches their 3 year old son in the chest as punishment, and is racist towards white people?  Go let him play for another team, at least then his stench is away from your team.  Character matters and apparently that dude has none, at all.

I didn't say what I personally felt, I was just saying I saw and read plenty of people comparing it to Ray Rice.  They  didn't care how severe one looked over the the other;  their point was you never lay your hands on a woman.

Character doesn't matter in the NFL or these guys would never get picked up to begin with.  Other than Ray Rice, they're all pretty much given a 2nd or even 3rd chance.

image.png.c3ba0dd727e0df1281d9cf68bf5afb1b.png

9 minutes ago, dksww said:

I didn't say what I personally felt, I was just saying I saw and read plenty of people comparing it to Ray Rice.  They  didn't care how severe one looked over the the other;  their point was you never lay your hands on a woman.

Character doesn't matter in the NFL or these guys would never get picked up to begin with.  Other than Ray Rice, they're all pretty much given a 2nd or even 3rd chance.

image.png.c3ba0dd727e0df1281d9cf68bf5afb1b.png

People are human, they make mistakes, they have tempers, they have emotions, shit happens.  But the systematic abuse of a child is not a spontaneous event and it should NEVER be tolerated.  

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

People are human, they make mistakes, they have tempers, they have emotions, shit happens.  But the systematic abuse of a child is not a spontaneous event and it should NEVER be tolerated.  

Not saying it should, just saying that unless Tyreek Hill goes to jail, he will be on a NFL roster this year. 

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

Not saying it should, just saying that unless Tyreek Hill goes to jail, he will be on a NFL roster this year. 

And he should be allowed to work and make money, I'm not advocating that he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Denver roster.

Archived