Why Should Chiefs Do the Right Thing ?

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I get where you are going.

but texts are time stamped.

so if they did that, it will be obvious 

I read the time stamps are from later in the same day after the recording.  If that's true, they could still be staged, but not as a response to the tape leaking.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I read the time stamps are from later in the same day after the recording.  If that's true, they could still be staged, but not as a response to the tape leaking.

Well one would think being authenticated they would have looked at the time they were sent etc. Again all hearsay and waiting until it all comes out is best here.

25 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well one would think being authenticated they would have looked at the time they were sent etc. Again all hearsay and waiting until it all comes out is best here.

Right, I was just pointing out when specifically that I read it was from.

I'm assuming these text messages were "translated" for professional purposes when sending a letter to the NFL.

If Hill's lawyers have these texts, they will show them to the NFL.

48 minutes ago, dksww said:

I'm assuming these text messages were "translated" for professional purposes when sending a letter to the NFL.

If Hill's lawyers have these texts, they will show them to the NFL.

The texts were authenticated but there’s a lot of other questions that come up. His attorney has done a good job of trying to shift blame and I’d say Tyreeks chances of playing next year definitely increased. But this is a roller coaster ride at this point and expect a counter punch from her side soon that could easily shift balance back. 

24 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The texts were authenticated but there’s a lot of other questions that come up. His attorney has done a good job of trying to shift blame and I’d say Tyreeks chances of playing next year definitely increased. But this is a roller coaster ride at this point and expect a counter punch from her side soon that could easily shift balance back. 

I am not sure that in the NFL realm of determining guilt or innocence it really matters. Roger gonna do what Roger do. This is a huge embarrassment for the Shield. I expect the punishment to be worse than Hunt's because a child was involved.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I am not sure that in the NFL realm of determining guilt or innocence it really matters. Roger gonna do what Roger do. This is a huge embarrassment for the Shield. I expect the punishment to be worse than Hunt's because a child was involved.

I don’t know about that. There was a smoking gun in regards to Hunt. Right now the facts are muddled other than the fact he threatened her on the audio. Every other contention she made has been rebutted by Hill’s counsel. You are right about the optics though, which for Goodell might be enough unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Zero doubt Goodell is going to do whatever he wants. And there's definitely some question here about whether this would be a second offense. I think best case scenario he treats it like the Adrian Peterson deal and levies a 6 game suspension. That's best case scenario. You have some Chiefs fans who are delusional and think this text string will end the whole deal and he will be back at practice next week. LOL.   This thing is going to be a made for tv movie one day, I guarantee it. All I know is that I'd MUCH rather talk about football. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Zero doubt Goodell is going to do whatever he wants. And there's definitely some question here about whether this would be a second offense. I think best case scenario he treats it like the Adrian Peterson deal and levies a 6 game suspension. That's best case scenario. You have some Chiefs fans who are delusional and think this text string will end the whole deal and he will be back at practice next week. LOL.   This thing is going to be a made for tv movie one day, I guarantee it. All I know is that I'd MUCH rather talk about football. 

6 games, he will appeal and it will be 2 to 4 games when done. That is if he shows it was more her than him type deal.

It all boils down to whether the fans, the Chiefs, and Goodell feel that money is more important than principles and league image.  I think the league has plenty of money and doesn't need Hill, so that they are more concerned about the principles and the image.  I think the Chiefs are more concerned about that, also.  I trust the fans least of all, because they have no stake in the game, only a desire to win.  So, to me, the speculations here are a form of mental masturbation.  I can only look at the facts on the table, and Hill is a bubbling volcano when it comes to domestic and interpersonal relationships.  A bad bet.  I would feel better if the league and the team moved on from the Hill era.

I love how people are making all these assumptions about Hill's character, like they know him.  The coaches, players and management  know him best. Let the facts come out and then we will see. I have found it best to not judge others. Often, situations are much different than they appear. 

1 hour ago, Docbarnabee said:

I love how people are making all these assumptions about Hill's character, like they know him.  The coaches, players and management  know him best. Let the facts come out and then we will see. I have found it best to not judge others. Often, situations are much different than they appear. 

There's really not much context that could be provided that would change what's on that audio.  And it's unlikely that that is some crazy isolated incident.  Does anyone think that Tyreek and Crystal were mostly having "respectful discussions" yet he calls her "b----" and "n----" and that's completely out of character for him?  That's really hard to believe.

Now, maybe there is some chance that Hill really wasn't the guilty party and Crystal did it, per those texts.  I don't know what to believe about that.  But unfortunately I think with the release of the audio we can conclude that Tyreek still has the significant anger issues that led to his original DV assault against Crystal.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It all boils down to whether the fans, the Chiefs, and Goodell feel that money is more important than principles and league image.  I think the league has plenty of money and doesn't need Hill, so that they are more concerned about the principles and the image.  I think the Chiefs are more concerned about that, also.  I trust the fans least of all, because they have no stake in the game, only a desire to win.  So, to me, the speculations here are a form of mental masturbation.  I can only look at the facts on the table, and Hill is a bubbling volcano when it comes to domestic and interpersonal relationships.  A bad bet.  I would feel better if the league and the team moved on from the Hill era.

Bubbling volcano is a subjective thing though as are the facts on the table. He's going to have to actually burst or else the best case/worst case scenario here in my opinion is a 6 game suspension to 1 year suspension. It's more likely he gets less than that than more than that unless this entire text thing is a hoax because the league considers lying another violation. What you absolutely can't do is kick somebody out of the league who hasn't been convicted of any crime or violated the drug portion of Article 46 numerous times. The Federal Courts would rule against the NFL so fast you couldn't even spell Cheetah. 

31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Bubbling volcano is a subject thing though as are the facts on the table. He's going to have to actually burst or else the best case/worst case scenario here in my opinion is a 6 game suspension to 1 year suspension. It's more likely he gets less than that than more than that unless this entire text thing is a hoax because the league considers lying another violation. What you absolutely can't do is kick somebody out of the league who hasn't been convicted of any crime or violated the drug portion of Article 46 numerous times. The Federal Courts would rule against the NFL so fast you couldn't even spell Cheetah. 

agreed but we need to let FMBL  have his mental masturbation...at his age it is all he has left............................just teasn Bil

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

agreed but we need to let FMBL  have his mental masturbation...at his age it is all he has left............................just teasn Bil

OT, masturbation is a touchy subject.  But you need to give yourself a hand for such a fine post.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

OT, masturbation is a touchy subject.  But you need to give yourself a hand for such a fine post.

Everybody needs to throw wrist rockets and shower stickies now and then.

15 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It's very handy having you around.  You're always prepared to drop a load... of facts.

21 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Bubbling volcano is a subjective thing though as are the facts on the table. He's going to have to actually burst or else the best case/worst case scenario here in my opinion is a 6 game suspension to 1 year suspension. It's more likely he gets less than that than more than that unless this entire text thing is a hoax because the league considers lying another violation. What you absolutely can't do is kick somebody out of the league who hasn't been convicted of any crime or violated the drug portion of Article 46 numerous times. The Federal Courts would rule against the NFL so fast you couldn't even spell Cheetah. 

the players union would as well

On 5/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, Mloe68 said:

Go back and look at E Elliot's suspension. He was never charged with a crime yet served a 6 game suspension.

Archived