Chiefs draft grades

Not big into the grades itself really as we all know it takes a couple years to see. With that said I like reading articles on the players and thoughts of others on how they fit etc. The one I read below takes into account that we got Clark for our first as an example.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/28/kansas-city-chiefs-final-grades-2019-draft-class/

36 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Not big into the grades itself really as we all know it takes a couple years to see. With that said I like reading articles on the players and thoughts of others on how they fit etc. The one I read below takes into account that we got Clark for our first as an example.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/28/kansas-city-chiefs-final-grades-2019-draft-class/

I stopped reading this one after the idiot made up a lot of nonsense regarding the Mahomes pick, nothing but BS. There was no Chiefs fan anywhere on the planet that didn't love the pick.

I like the Sporting News analysis in the second post. Hill basically messed up the entire draft plan as he took away a premium pick right on the draft day and possibly left us with a major hole at CB. Overall I think C is a reasonable grade. There's some decent potential but not all will live up to it and we will likely get minimal contribution from the draft class in 2019. Hopefully the remaining FA will help fill those needs.

6 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I stopped reading this one after the idiot made up a lot of nonsense regarding the Mahomes pick, nothing but BS. There was no Chiefs fan anywhere on the planet that didn't love the pick.

I like the Sporting News analysis in the second post. Hill basically messed up the entire draft plan as he took away a premium pick right on the draft day and possibly left us with a major hole at CB. Overall I think C is a reasonable grade. There's some decent potential but not all will live up to it and we will likely get minimal contribution from the draft class in 2019. Hopefully the remaining FA will help fill those needs.

While most of us loved the pick for Mahomes, there were the majority that thought he was raw, needed the year to sit. Some gave us bad grades because of that and some because of him being a spread offense and raw QB etc.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

While most of us loved the pick for Mahomes, there were the majority that thought he was raw, needed the year to sit. Some gave us bad grades because of that and some because of him being a spread offense and raw QB etc.

As I remember the consensus was "if he's a bust we'll pick another one". Don't remember anyone hating the pick, some were scared but not in a "hate this draft" sort of way.

6 minutes ago, sith13 said:

As I remember the consensus was "if he's a bust we'll pick another one". Don't remember anyone hating the pick, some were scared but not in a "hate this draft" sort of way.

I think even the bigger Alex Smith supporters like myself had fully realized we weren’t going to the Super Bowl with the Alex Smith limited types we had paraded through here for over two decades.  We needed to finally try and groom a truly elite talent and thus finally targeting and drafting a high ceiling guy was largely celebrated by Chiefs nation. 

Archived