Draft Question

If the Chiefs had known what they know now about Hill, do you think they would have not traded the #1 for Clark and used it on someone like Marquis Brown?

Yes, I realize they would have had to trade up but the picks they traded for Clark are essentially the same as that move.

Watching his tape, he looks alot like Tyreek Hill in his YAC, ability to make people miss and speed.

I think that's what we went through. Hill was cleared prior to the Clark trade so it's safe to assume that Chiefs were expecting him to be available in 2019. Veteran DE has mostly been a luxury for the Chiefs as Veach didn't pursue any big names in FA and more importantly Clark wasn't supposed to be on the trading block. They probably considered DB as the only other major need entering the draft and decided to make a splash with Clark trade only to have a huge hole opened up in a new position. 

I don't think so, defensive end was always a priority.  It looks even better that we traded for Clark because if we would have stood pat we would have gotten the 7th best edge rusher in the draft.  Clark is clearly worth more than that and we were still able to get someone who could slot into Hill's position.  We finally have the luxury of a QB who can make WR's around him look better....

20 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

If the Chiefs had known what they know now about Hill, do you think they would have not traded the #1 for Clark and used it on someone like Marquis Brown?

Yes, I realize they would have had to trade up but the picks they traded for Clark are essentially the same as that move.

Watching his tape, he looks alot like Tyreek Hill in his YAC, ability to make people miss and speed.

Clark’s deal was in the works for weeks, before the DA declined to press charges.

The only thing Hill’s situation caused, was moving up for a receiver instead of a corner.

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

I don't think so, defensive end was always a priority.  It looks even better that we traded for Clark because if we would have stood pat we would have gotten the 7th best edge rusher in the draft.  Clark is clearly worth more than that and we were still able to get someone who could slot into Hill's position.  We finally have the luxury of a QB who can make WR's around him look better....

With the 84th pick the Chiefs passed on Sack Daddy Ferguson, who is the all time sack leader in FBS history, who went to the Ravens at 85....so pass rusher wasn't a prioroty

Not sure Hardman can "slot into Hill's position" as a rookie.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

With the 84th pick the Chiefs passed on Sack Daddy Ferguson, who is the all time sack leader in FBS history, who went to the Ravens at 85....

Huh

51 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

With the 84th pick the Chiefs passed on Sack Daddy Ferguson, who is the all time sack leader in FBS history, who went to the Ravens at 85....so pass rusher wasn't a prioroty

What?  Do I really have to lay this out for you, it wasn't a priority AFTER we got Clark but it was BEFORE we got him which was in response to your initial question....

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Rounding out the top ten college sack leaders:

2.  JaVon Rolland Jones

3. Hau'Oli Kikaha

4. Bruce Miller

5. Phillip Hunt

6.  Ryan Kerrigan

7.  Von Miller (I'll give you that one)

8. Trent Murphy

9. Oshane Ximines

10.  Derek Barrett

I'm not sure why anyone would give a shit about this stat based on this list. 

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Huh

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

What?  Do I really have to lay this out for you, it wasn't a priority AFTER we got Clark but it was BEFORE we got him which was in response to your initial question....

42 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

2.  JaVon Rolland Jones

3. Hau'Oli Kikaha

4. Bruce Miller

5. Phillip Hunt

6.  Ryan Kerrigan

8. Trent Murphy

9. Oshane Ximines

10.  Derek Barrett

C'mon, "Sack Daddy"? You can't pass that up!

Not much difference in the grades between Brown, Hardman and Isabella.  They were all late first to mid second round grades with fairly similar height and speed.  And the writing was on the wall that all the good 43 ends were going to be long gone. 

So yeah that trade was going down regardless.  I think it was too important to what Spags needs on the line.  

Hollywood Brown is really small.  Like 168 pounds thats like 20 lbs less than Tyreek.    Also I'm a little leery of the wr's that come out of the Oklahoma system.  There always seems to be a smallish wr that racks up the stats at OU and then kinda fizzles in the NFL.   Not sure Brown is any different.   I think Hardman has more upside than most in this draft but we will have to give him a year or two to develop.   If your looking for a player that most closely mirrors Tyreek Hill it would be Hardman.  The exact same size and Hardmans 40 time is .02 of a second slower.  Both were dynamic returners and raw receivers coming out.   

IMO had we drafted Brown in the first we would be a worse football team and it wouldn't be close. 

6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

2.  JaVon Rolland Jones

3. Hau'Oli Kikaha

4. Bruce Miller

5. Phillip Hunt

6.  Ryan Kerrigan

8. Trent Murphy

9. Oshane Ximines

10.  Derek Barrett

Bruce Miller became a fullback too...

19 hours ago, reesebobby said:

2.  JaVon Rolland Jones

3. Hau'Oli Kikaha

4. Bruce Miller

5. Phillip Hunt

6.  Ryan Kerrigan

8. Trent Murphy

9. Oshane Ximines

10.  Derek Barrett

He broke Terell Suggs' record for most sacks in NCAA- Suggs has had a pretty good career and he came out of college when he was 20 years old.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:02 AM, Handswarmer said:

Well interesting thing is, you're drafting based on NFL projection and not NCAA production.  Otherwise Mike Leach QB's would have been really badass.

Archived