Thornhill big potential steal?

11 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't know about steal, but certainly could be a good value choice.

Yeah second rounders are expected to be eventual starters in the league, so kind of hard to label him a steal. But him starting at FS week 1 would be big for us regardless. Him and HB are such a massive upgrade over the pathetic rotation of Parker, Murray, etc. its ridiculous... 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah second rounders are expected to be eventual starters in the league, so kind of hard to label him a steal. But him starting at FS week 1 would be big for us regardless. Him and HB are such a massive upgrade over the pathetic rotation of Parker, Murray, etc. its ridiculous... 

Only 15 players in the entire draft last year started and graded out as above average. I'd say if you can get that from the 63rd pick in the draft. It's a major steal. Probably says even more though about how unrealistic expectations are for most rookies, 

I just like the fact a guy I respect in Riddick thinks we got a first round talent at only a few picks from  round 3. 

Well then maybe MY expectations are too high. Either that or college is producing less talent, and pro teams are doing a shittier job scouting.

Personally, unless it's someone who is super raw or super blocked, I would expect any second round pick to be starting by the end of season 1.

I dont think a 2nd round pick becoming a starter is a steal. I think that's what they should be. Second round picks are valuable resources. 

14 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Only 15 players in the entire draft last year started and graded out as above average. I'd say if you can get that from the 63rd pick in the draft. It's a major steal. Probably says even more though about how unrealistic expectations are for most rookies, 

I just like the fact a guy I respect in Riddick thinks we got a first round talent at only a few picks from  round 3. 

Well that's a pretty high standard for a rookie.  Most rookies suck, every year.

21 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Well that's a pretty high standard for a rookie.  Most rookies suck, every year.

No question. Rookies can certainly contribute and sometimes in a big way. But to count on it is definetly fool hardy especially the first half of the season.

Archived