Wide Receivers

Do we look at another WR in FA or cuts? No one thinks Watkins will be healthy all year and thus leading to us leaning on Mecole and a 3rd option to 4th option type receivers.

Thoughts? Below are some of the names out there in the article.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/05/05/kansas-city-chiefs-free-agent-wide-receiver-targets-affordable-dez-bryant-martavis-bryant/

I would be fine bringing in one of the Bryants. There's no way they seriously consider Watkins as a safe guy for the whole year with his injury history. D-Rob progressed and they seem to like Hardman but an established possession receiver would be very useful.

If Watkins and Kelce stay healthy they could realistically combine for 2,500 yards and 25 TDs which would keep this offense prolific. Without both even with Mahomes this offense takes a serious step back if Tyreek isn’t there. .  Now if Tyreek plays we could set records again as well.  A lot of IFs in there.  I’d like to see another veteran WR or TE added to help protect offense. But priority to me is still corner.  

With Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, etc. I think we are stocked with high-upside depth.  I'm not sure what veterans on the downside of their careers have to offer us.  The real question is about the availability of Hill and Watkins (obviously for very different reasons) and what the top of the depth chart will look like.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

With Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, etc. I think we are stocked with high-upside depth.  I'm not sure what veterans on the downside of their careers have to offer us.  The real question is about the availability of Hill and Watkins (obviously for very different reasons) and what the top of the depth chart will look like.

I know some people are sold on him but It’s 50-50 Pringle even makes the team at this point much less counting on an undrafted guy with 0 catches contributing much.  I see Hardman as a realistic potential high level depth guy at WR with playmaking skills to have impact elsewhere. But if we have to count on him in a starting role it’s asking a ton.  

Robinson has still not proven to me at all he can handle complexities of Andy Reid offense. 

Consider we wanted to add a WR even before potentially losing Tyreek  

All that said, MVP Pat certainly helps this situation a lot. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

I know some people are sold on him but It’s 50-50 Pringle even makes the team at this point much less counting on an undrafted guy with 0 catches contributing much.  I see Hardman as a realistic potential high level depth guy at WR with playmaking skills to have impact elsewhere. But if we have to count on him in a starting role it’s asking a ton.  

Robinson has still not proven to me at all he can handle complexities of Andy Reid offense. 

Consider we wanted to add a WR even before potentially losing Tyreek  

All that said, MVP Pat certainly helps this situation a lot. 

The point is I would rather roll with any of these guys than someone like Dez, who I think is washed.

Always loved martavious bryant as a wideout, but too much of a headcase at this point.

crabtree or pryor would interest me if they have anything left in the tank. I was also hoping to get kelvin benjamin in the building for an entire offseason in hopes we could get his weight in check.

Finally my wish is the dolphins cut albert wilson and we can get him back on the cheap to play the slot

Archived