LB Jamie Collins predicted to land with chiefs - Arrowhead addict.

Would be nice to see him come in and another WR or TE. I think then we have depth to develop and competition for starting jobs in a lot of the areas too. This year has been mind blowing with all the off season crap from Hill to the trades made to draft and free agency.  The turnover for the defense has been remarkable and if we get a middle of the road defense and the offense stays potent, we will be very, very good.

Interesting that any signings after tomorrow don’t count vs comp pick formula. Article also suggests we are in line for a 4th round comp pick. I agree with KK we’ve still got to be in the market for a cheap WR and/or TE fit in FA  I’m still holding out hope we can make a trade for a corner. Obviously Collins would bring much needed versatility to our LB group with so little. But has anyone reported any real contract with him?

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

How Collins would fit with us, see tweet with videos.

https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1103397197935243268 https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1103397197935243268

4th round comp pick would be from Nelson signing with Steelers.

You would think mitch Morse would bring something back. 

Signing breeland might negate Nelson

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Read somewhere his play has really dropped off.

He did pretty well last year with Cleveland. He was just a cap savings cut is all. I know Belichek got on his ass about taking plays off or giving lackluster effort at times.  Still he had 13 stops behind LOS last year and would give us tremendous flexibility to line him up all over and blitz etc.

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

You would think mitch Morse would bring something back. 

Signing breeland might negate Nelson

Hard to say but you could say signing HB negates Morse too? Just saying what OTC said on its site, 4th for Nelson.

I smell a rat. Collins is under 30, has no medical issues and was relatively productive last year. He was cut by Cleveland in early March as a cost saving measure. Two months later and he is still unsigned. What does that tell you? He is looking for big bucks. He is going to have to come down a lot from what I hear is an asking price. He was due to make over $10 million with Cleveland had they kept him. Rumor has it he is looking to stay close to that price. His only hope is to find a GM notorious for overpaying guys if he likes them and really wants them. Sound familiar?

6 hours ago, dhitter said:

I smell a rat. Collins is under 30, has no medical issues and was relatively productive last year. He was cut by Cleveland in early March as a cost saving measure. Two months later and he is still unsigned. What does that tell you? He is looking for big bucks. He is going to have to come down a lot from what I hear is an asking price. He was due to make over $10 million with Cleveland had they kept him. Rumor has it he is looking to stay close to that price. His only hope is to find a GM notorious for overpaying guys if he likes them and really wants them. Sound familiar?

Not sure that makes him a rat. We see good players linger in free agency in all sports. Lots of teams waiting to see what their rosters look like after the draft etc. 

On 5/6/2019 at 9:31 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

You are gonna like Hitchens in an aggressive 43. What you saw last year was the Sutton effect. 

The Sutton Effect is real!  LOL.

I hope you are correct.  If players on this defense are better (Fuller, Hitchens, Jones, Ward, etc)  we are going to be talking about "the Sutton Effect" a lot this year.

2 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

The Sutton Effect is real!  LOL.

I hope you are correct.  If players on this defense are better (Fuller, Hitchens, Jones, Ward, etc)  we are going to be talking about "the Sutton Effect" a lot this year.

If anything, the coverage and blitz packages won't be as predictable as Sutton's was.

Also, Sutton never adjusted so there's that as well.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

I think Ragland and Hitch fit much better in a 4-3. It wouldn’t surprise me if both played a lot better. 

It would be a great bonus if Ragland could play effectively.  The way he ended the 2017 season made me think the Chiefs had gotten a great young player for nothing.  Last season was such a disappointment.  Maybe it was Sutton, Maybe it was a bum let that never was right.  Whatever, the Chiefs can make do without him, but the LB corp would look so much better if he played up to his potential. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It would be a great bonus if Ragland could play effectively.  The way he ended the 2017 season made me think the Chiefs had gotten a great young player for nothing.  Last season was such a disappointment.  Maybe it was Sutton, Maybe it was a bum let that never was right.  Whatever, the Chiefs can make do without him, but the LB corp would look so much better if he played up to his potential. 

Ragland is a backup. Hitchens is borderline at this point. We'll see what the Hitman brings to the table this year, Veachy Peachy.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think it was both Sutton and the leg personally. Also remember towards the end of the 2017 season when we were 6-6 and had just suspended Marcus Peters, Sutton said he simplified the scheme. It worked big time too as they were stellar even without Peters that one week until Chris Jones went down in the playoff game. So maybe he and Hitchens just need to be turned loose with an aggressive hit the gaps hard mentality. 

I don’t know, but I have seen both play well. Maybe they were all just confused in that soft scene and couldn’t attack. I think if you tell Rags to blow up the running back and not try and be a coverage guy he could return to form. I have less doubts about Hitch. I think he will do very well in a more traditional defense. Those guys just don’t seem built for a soft 3-4.