Veterans in Danger- CBS Sports

30 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

forget about watson, just read he is signing a one year deal with the pats

He wants a ring. I'd go to NE right now too if it's just for one year. If you want a long run or just want to elevate your future marketability quickly. I'd go with MVPats team. 

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He wants a ring. I'd go to NE right now too if it's just for one year. If you want a long run or just want to elevate your future marketability quickly. I'd go with MVPats team. 

The Patriots lost their best playmaker on O and one of their best on D.   Tom Brady is a year older.   We are better on D and we aren't done adding.   I'd argue he has a better chance of winning a ring here if it was just between our two teams.   If he wanted to win a ring he would have a better chance in NO or with the Rams if we are talking about just next year. But he is familiar with them so it makes sense.

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The Patriots lost their best playmaker on O and one of their best on D.   Tom Brady is a year older.   We are better on D and we aren't done adding.   I'd argue he has a better chance of winning a ring here if it was just between our two teams.   If he wanted to win a ring he would have a better chance in NO or with the Rams if we are talking about just next year. But he is familiar with them so it makes sense.

Totally understand your point. And yes the cliff is coming for the Patriots and soon. Heck Brady showed some signs last year. If it wasn't for Dee Fords offsides he's the goat in the AFC Title game with 3 INTs and a loss. But I think from a players perspective if you are going to roll the dice on a duo for one year to get a ring, its Brady and BB. 

Was Watson a FA when he retired, if not it's not really a question as they have a need at TE and hold the rights over him already. I would take a serious look at Crabtree though, he has been relatively solid as a possession guy and we don't seem to have one of those on the roster right now.

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Was Watson a FA when he retired, if not it's not really a question as they have a need at TE and hold the rights over him already. I would take a serious look at Crabtree though, he has been relatively solid as a possession guy and we don't seem to have one of those on the roster right now.

Watkins. He’s like a running back once he catches the ball. Can still stretch the field, but is very capable of being a move the chains possession guy. Pretty much what he did last year. Now, if tyreek is suspended/cut Watkins moves to #1 and we definitely have a possession hole to fill. 

22 hours ago, Calichief said:

Crabtree has a case of the stone hands.

he also pulls a diesel trailer behind him

he’s also a malcontent 

Here in Baltimore, he had some drops but his route running was exceptional and he was not an issue in the locker room.

Archived