Interesting excerpt from the Arrowhead Gary Johnson article

In regard to our new LB coach "Matt House".   

“He’s a tough guy on me,” he said of new Chiefs linebackers coach Matt House. “He’s not a lover guy. So he’s not going to love on you — and I like that. If a coach doesn’t say something to you, you should be worried. When a guy is always on you, you should appreciate that and soak it in, and know that he is trying to make you better.”

I like the fact we have a coach like that.   Couldn't stand our D getting worn out and our defensive staff had this blank stare in their eyes.   Hope Matt can bring some fire to Spags defensive staff.

The full article link is:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/5/10/18564160/derrick-johnson-on-new-chiefs-lb-gary-johnson-im-going-to-help-him-out-along-the-way

I heard a few of the Chiefs beat reporters say in the limited amount of time they saw rookie mini camps that it was obvious this defensive coaching staff has a much different in your face type of attitude. Also thought it was interesting when asked if Andy Reid has a hands off approach to the defense. An emphatic no. "Andy's involved in everything. He doesn't micromanage but he wants to know whats going on. Unlike Vermiel who really seemed to never care about what the defense was doing."

Archived