His defenses carried us to two 13 win seasons in three years.  And that 1997 group holds an amazing NFL record by holding 10 straight teams without a second half TD. Had Gannon been the playoff QB that group would be remembered as one of the best ever in my opinion.  Loved his passion overall. We could all learn from that. 

As rules changed his approach grew stale and you needed fire and a cerebral guy he really wasn’t. But overall his passion for people was his calling card and he will always be a fixture in the memories of Chiefs fans.  

I always like Gunther..maybe too old school with a Patton complex and not able to adjust to the new NFL but I liked him anyway.

RIP Gun & say hi to DT for me

"I lived without my left knee having an ACL all my life," Cunningham told ESPN in 2017. "In those days, you didn't get hurt. You just kept playing."

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I remember when he talked shit to Ravens fans after Will Shields totally owned Ray Lewis.

We went into that game after an awful 1-3 or 1-4 start and took out all of our frustrations on that Ravens on the road that night. Our offensive line just embarrassed their front 7 all day long with physical play we may never see from a Chiefs oline again. 

RIP Gunther.  For myself,  the most memorable thing he said was in training camp, during his second stint as DC with the Chiefs. He was discussing a play  with one of the Chiefs linebackers, and it was about a mistake he made. He said something like " we're gonna sit down and watch it together over and over"   It wasn't the most noted thing he's said, but I always thought that was funny, and showed how he was as a coach. 

5 hours ago, qnet said:

RIP Gunther.  For myself,  the most memorable thing he said was in training camp, during his second stint as DC with the Chiefs. He was discussing a play  with one of the Chiefs linebackers, and it was about a mistake he made. He said something like " we're gonna sit down and watch it together over and over"   It wasn't the most noted thing he's said, but I always thought that was funny, and showed how he was as a coach. 

Kawika Mitchell?

Archived