What are the chances of CB Jalen Ramsey ending up here?

Peterson:  about 1.5 seasons for $11.5M avg per year.....probably cost a 2nd

Ramsey:  Will need to become highest paid CB and cost at least a 1st.

Wild idea...let’s get both?

Peterson will also want a new deal but I would much rather go for him as he's not a diva like Ramsey and could be had for a lower pick like a 2nd or 3rd. The draft is boring without a 1st, which is the only fun thing in the offseason.

Compensation for an elite 24 year old player with two very reasonable contract years left (he'd be cheaper than Peterson CAP wise) would probably keep us out of the bidding. But from a pure talent and money standpoint this would be a slam dunk trade for us. It's his attitude and compensation that would be questions. According to Adam Teicher, Veach has told a few people privately that he never would have drafted Marcus Peters. How much is this guy like him? Hard to say, but there seems to be some comparisons. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Compensation for an elite 24 year old player with two very reasonable contract years left (he'd be cheaper than Peterson CAP wise) would probably keep us out of the bidding. But from a pure talent and money standpoint this would be a slam dunk trade for us. It's his attitude and compensation that would be questions. According to Adam Teicher, Veach has told a few people privately that he never would have drafted Marcus Peters. How much is this guy like him? Hard to say, but there seems to be some comparisons. 

I just don't see him not holding out for a new contract if traded.  

21 hours ago, Marleydawg said:

Why in the world would Jax trade this guy??  That like KC deciding to trade Chris Jones, makes 0 sense.

MUCH different comparison...

Them trading Ramsey would be more like someone asking why would KC ever trade Marcus Peters.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, Balto said:

MUCH different comparison...

Them trading Ramsey would be more like someone asking why would KC ever trade Marcus Peters.

Don't agree one bit.  I don't hear anything out of Jax indicating they care about his mouth. 

Chiefs fans' desperation for a CB does not factor into Jax's willingness to trade one.

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I'm actually more upbeat about the CBs this year than I have been for a few years. Breeland and an improving West on the outside w/ Fuller in the slot isn't bad if we can get a quality pass rush. Depth remains to be seen.

I hope so but just can't be that optimistic. Breeland has a terrible injury history and Ward just has a very small sample size, could be a very good player but could also end up like Marcus Cooper. Fuller is solid in the slot and that's pretty much all we have in the position. We need some veteran depth or upgrades at CB to have a realistic shot on defense. 

3 hours ago, Marleydawg said:

Don't agree one bit.  I don't hear anything out of Jax indicating they care about his mouth. 

Chiefs fans' desperation for a CB does not factor into Jax's willingness to trade one.

Huh?  There are multiple reports saying Jax doesn’t like his mouth and is exactly why he has been in trade rumors for over a season now.

The only similarities between Ramsey &  Peters seems to be their mouths, but I don't remember hearing about Ramsey arguing with coaches & fans,  or leaving the field during a game. Ramsey also seems to hold his own against top receivers a little more consistently, from what little I know.

I agree about him costing too much. I don't follow the off season as much as you guys, but the Chiefs have given up enough IMO. 

He will make something happen but it won’t be Ramsey.  We will grab an insurance stop gap veteran in case Ward doesn’t pan out and/or Breeland doesn’t return to his pre injury form.   I’d use the rest to front load a Chris Jones contract extension 

Archived