Speaks definitely playing DT

41 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I don't see any reason to be concerned.  He's a defensive end now and has to put on weight from his out-of-position LB spot of 2019.  There's plenty of time for him to turn that weight into a more sculpted, pleasing look for us sideline body-shape judges.  Frankly, I could give two shits how he looks as long as he can play.

42 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What a fucking lard ass. Does this guy know he's under contract with an NFL team? Time to put down the ganja and cheetos and get in the fucking gym...

you'll have to tear that  resin covered roach out of my cheese covered dead hands

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

I don't see any reason to be concerned.  He's a defensive end now and has to put on weight from his out-of-position LB spot of 2019.  There's plenty of time for him to turn that weight into a more sculpted, pleasing look for us sideline body-shape judges.  Frankly, I could give two shits how he looks as long as he can play.

Im just saying he looks like he is pushing 300+. Not a DE anymore. I actually prefer to see him as a DT. Athletic interior guy for pass rush. 

Im sorry I offended you with noticing his substantial weight gain

It would be nice to know the plan here. If the chiefs told him to gain weight to play dt then you can’t really fault him, but it does not appear he carries the extra weight well.

if he was just lazy over the offseason its a cause for concern on work ethic 

basically either way you look at it is a concern

lets just hope the situation and his body come into form in about a month.

He excelled at 287 pounds in college his senior year where he played a lot of defensive end but the pictures I've seen he didn't look like this. I've heard Veach mention they are excited to see what he can do against guards by sliding inside on sub packages especially. Ideal for three technique in a 4-3 scheme is what several draft reports I read said. Makes a ton more sense than OLB. Kiper called him one of the most underrated players in the draft and I've heard a buzz about him until right now. I think showing up at this weight probably upset a bunch of people at One Arrowhead Drive.

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

Im just saying he looks like he is pushing 300+. Not a DE anymore. I actually prefer to see him as a DT. Athletic interior guy for pass rush. 

Im sorry I offended you with noticing his substantial weight gain

Did I give you you the impression I was offended?  I was just responding with my take. No offense taken, none meant. 

14 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

It’s really about respecting his  talent and understanding he’s a professional. The days of getting in shape in training camp are over. It should be a year long effort to get your body ready.  

All that said I agree he was likely told he needed to put 20 pounds or so on because he was moving back to the dline. He clearly took that as extra trips to the buffet carbs section and donut shop rather than protein and weight room.  This is hardly a huge deal, but I’m sure the coaches will let him hear about it. 

Was he not chiseled before though? Putting on weight would not be a problem if he is lifting and getting stronger etc. Not all 310 pound men will have 6 percent body fat. If he did put on some weight but got a lot stronger it makes sense. As long as he kept the athleticism he should be fine. His speed will go down. Not to many people put on 30 pounds and get faster.

Archived