23 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Is anyone excited about the show coming out today. This chief groupie is, not sure it will be hard knocks but I'll take it.

So what is it?  Wilkie posted something about a show tonight on Fox Sports but it wasn't described very much. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/5/29/18644014/chiefs-announce-behind-the-scenes-show-called-the-franchise

Chiefs announce behind-the-scenes show called “The Franchise”

The show debuts on Fox Sports Kansas City on Wednesday night.

By Pete Sweeney May 29, 2019, 7:55am CDT  

The Kansas City Chiefs announced a television program called The Franchise on Tuesday evening, via their official Twitter account. The half-hour show is set to debut on Fox Sports Kansas City Wednesday at 6 p.m. Arrowhead Time.

Former AP contributor Dane Van Why is one of the producers on the show.

“You’re four inches away from the Super Bowl,” Chiefs head coach Andy Reid says in the trailer. “How do you take it up another notch? Are you willing to give up a little bit to make yourself a better football team?”

The show reminds me of a cross between Hard Knocks and All or Nothing, though rather than HBO or NFL Films and Amazon, the Chiefs have opted to use their in-house production team to tell their own story.

“The one thing about this league is you find out really quickly that it’s a long season and is really a battle of attrition,” Chiefs general manager Brett Veach says. “But I think the best part of my job is being in that draft room and when you come back in, know that everyone was doing it for the right reasons, and that’s to make the Chiefs better.”

“You start building your culture here,” Reid adds. “What are you going to be as a football team? Are you going to let the little things slide or are you going to step on them and go do that extra bit of work to make yourself great? So every day, be great, as great as you can be at whatever you’re doing, be great.”

I doubt we’ll get any groundbreaking information from the show, but it should provide fans and media some interesting nuggets that they may not have otherwise learned during times in the past.

I know I’ll be watching.

Archived