Spags on Tanoh and Speaks

There’s also a lot to like in his response to a question about two Chiefs players who have performed well under their expectations in Kansas City: former second-round draft picks Tanoh Kpassagnon and Breeland Speaks.

”Both guys have done a nice job through the offseason here.” Daly said. “They’ve done a really good job trying to pick up the scheme, to understand the different calls and the different adjustments within the calls. I’ve been impressed there. Both guys have been working at multiple positions, so there’s been another level of understanding that’s gone on there. So I’ve been impressed with both of them from a mental standpoint and how they’ve handled things. Both of them are working hard. You see improvement each and every day. It’s a process, but we’re working through it.”

4 hours ago, FANATIC said:

There’s also a lot to like in his response to a question about two Chiefs players who have performed well under their expectations in Kansas City: former second-round draft picks Tanoh Kpassagnon and Breeland Speaks.

”Both guys have done a nice job through the offseason here.” Daly said. “They’ve done a really good job trying to pick up the scheme, to understand the different calls and the different adjustments within the calls. I’ve been impressed there. Both guys have been working at multiple positions, so there’s been another level of understanding that’s gone on there. So I’ve been impressed with both of them from a mental standpoint and how they’ve handled things. Both of them are working hard. You see improvement each and every day. It’s a process, but we’re working through it.”

So we'll find out in August whether it was bad drafting, bad coaching, or bad scheme.  No need to write them off completely yet. 

34 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So we'll find out in August whether it was bad drafting, bad coaching, or bad scheme.  No need to write them off completely yet. 

Well if they make it I am betting bad scheme and coaching go hand in hand. I do think the 4-3 was thought of well before this year with these 2 picks too. Back to basics by Spags is a great thing to see. 

Archived