NFL.com- State of the Franchise

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032394/article/state-of-the-franchise-chiefs-must-win-title-for-19-to-be-success

"For 2019 to be a successful season, the Chiefs MUST ...

-- Win the Super Bowl. There is no other way to do this. The Chiefs have to win the Super Bowl or it's all a loss. And if I'm being super greedy, you kind of need to knock off the Patriots, too."

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032394/article/state-of-the-franchise-chiefs-must-win-title-for-19-to-be-success

-- Win the Super Bowl. There is no other way to do this. The Chiefs have to win the Super Bowl or it's all a loss. And if I'm being super greedy, you kind of need to knock off the Patriots, too."

I agree. We need one here soon.  If we waste this year and another year even though we make the playoffs and have a great record etc...

It might be time to get that coach then that can win it in the playoffs. Love Reid but if he waste talent and a few years of this talent, cap space etc we need to get over that hump.

Even Reid conceded this point by moving in from Smith at QB.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I agree. We need one here soon.  If we waste this year and another year even though we make the playoffs and have a great record etc...

It might be time to get that coach then that can win it in the playoffs. Love Reid but if he waste talent and a few years of this talent, cap space etc we need to get over that hump.

Even Reid conceded this point by moving in from Smith at QB.

care to name replacement names or just crapping on a fan?

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

We have reached the point where our expectations are among the few elites in this game and I'm great with it. Meanwhile the rest of the AFC West has one goal, somehow figure out how to stop Andy Reids complete dominance of this division. I think I like our expectations better. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

care to name replacement names or just crapping on a fan?

No, what I am saying is if in fact 2 or 3 years down the road and we have yet to get to the promise land, Like Schotty did, do we let him go and go after a coach to get us over the playoff hump. To get us to the SB. Like Denver did in firing Fox to get Kubiak type deal. Or do we just be happy with a few AFC Championship trips and waste young years of our players along with the cap space etc?

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No, what I am saying is if in fact 2 or 3 years down the road and we have yet to get to the promise land, Like Schotty did, do we let him go and go after a coach to get us over the playoff hump. To get us to the SB. Like Denver did in firing Fox to get Kubiak type deal. Or do we just be happy with a few AFC Championship trips and waste young years of our players along with the cap space etc?

Maybe he will retire. KC will get to the SB. Winning is never a given. I would be thrilled with an AFC championship.

Even the best teams of all times haven't won the SB every year.  A few have dominated like the 1970s Steelers but those days are over.  If it was so easy to be the Pats, everyone would do it.   To win, the Chiefs have to be one of the best teams and they were last year and should be this year, but they also have to be lucky and have a few bounces go their way.  There's no guarantee that the best team will win in any given year. 

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Even the best teams of all times haven't won the SB every year.  A few have dominated like the 1970s Steelers but those days are over.  If it was so easy to be the Pats, everyone would do it.   To win, the Chiefs have to be one of the best teams and they were last year and should be this year, but they also have to be lucky and have a few bounces go their way.  There's no guarantee that the best team will win in any given year. 

Avoid injuries too. 

49 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Playing in the absolute shittiest division on Football over the last 15 years doesn't hurt.

Win the Div, get HF advantage thru the playoffs, play two at home, go to the Super Bowl.

Pretty easy gig if you can get it....

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Andy Reid did one of the best coaching jobs I can ever remember last year taking a 1st year starter and a historically bad defense within one offsides call of the Super Bowl. This is a Coaches and QBs league and if you have a synergy and high talent level between the two, you are a contender almost every year. Why would you want to get away from that at its infancy? Andy's never had a QB like this. Lets build a decent defense and see what happens. But sure if we are 3-4 years from now and can't break through still. I'd agree. 

That was an awesome article.

his bit about the Jay Cutler jerseys was hilarious.

And I totally agree that it’s SuperBowl or bust this season.  Why wouldn’t you?  It’s the most exciting team we’ve had in an entire generation, maybe ever.

Archived