Jordy Nelson would play for KC if asked?

1 hour ago, xen said:

He's pretty done

Hardly. 63 for 739 on that pathetic Raiders Offense. I would add him for one year. KC is one injury away from receiver nightmare. Not certain Hill we be available or when. 

4 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Hardly. 63 for 739 on that pathetic Raiders Offense. I would add him for one year. KC is one injury away from receiver nightmare. Not certain Hill we be available or when. 

He said himself he's sitting around getting fat.  He's talking playing 1 more year.  All that does is keep a promising youngster from game reps.  

29 minutes ago, xen said:

He said himself he's sitting around getting fat.  He's talking playing 1 more year.  All that does is keep a promising youngster from game reps.  

He was kidding about fat. Promising Youngster vs a Proven Veteran on a Superbowl Team?  Last years production proves he is still a viable option. I am sure there is room on a 53 man roster for this guy.

We hold all the cards...he wants to be here and he’s “retired”. Give him a shot with vet minimum and no guaranteed money...make him earn a roster spot like anyone else...option worth exploring.  

Also, as someone else said...convert the guy to TE.  Both to backup Kelce and for 2 TE sets.  I’d love to see those two roaming the middle together.  One of them is bound to be open 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:26 AM, Mloe68 said:

Agree with sentiment if we had any real interest, we would have signed him before he retired.  

Yep. Threads like this remind me of the old Chiefs days. Every time someone was cut, retired, up for trade, whatever....Chiefs fan were like "Should we go after this guy"? Didn't matter the circumstances or even if they could play any more lol. The Chiefs offense is good enough with what we have to compete for a title.

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yep. Threads like this remind me of the old Chiefs days. Every time someone was cut, retired, up for trade, whatever....Chiefs fan were like "Should we go after this guy"? Didn't matter the circumstances or even if they could play any more lol. The Chiefs offense is good enough with what we have to compete for a title.

One injury away from not so good. Hill may or may not play. Good insurance.

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

I think Brett Veach has shown he thinks there’s more value in trading for young first contract guys with unproven upside over signing fourth contract veterans. Doesn’t mean he won’t do it, but it’s probably really going to have to be a fit (Like Ben Watson)

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

I would argue that every fan base does this...the only difference here is the guy flat out said he would only play here, so yeah the conversation is an easy one to bring up.

Super Bowl Champion Experience and good stats last year...played 15 games 63 catches 739 yards 11.7 yards per catch and 3 tds on a pathetic Raider Offense

15 63 88 739 11.7 3 66 36 0

He could clearly help this team on a one year Super Bowl Season.....

10 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Super Bowl Champion Experience and good stats last year...played 15 games 63 catches 739 yards 11.7 yards per catch and 3 tds on a pathetic Raider Offense

15 63 88 739 11.7 3 66 36 0

He could clearly help this team on a one year Super Bowl Season.....

If Hill plays at least the majority of games this season, there's no need for Nelson.  He might have the experience factor, but no future here and I don's see him as a game changer compared to Hill, Watson, Hardman, Robinson, and Pringle with Kemp, Dieter, Curtis, and Thompson thrown into the mix.  Save the roster spot to develop Watson's replacement. 

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If Hill plays at least the majority of games this season, there's no need for Nelson.  He might have the experience factor, but no future here and I don's see him as a game changer compared to Hill, Watson, Hardman, Robinson, and Pringle with Kemp, Dieter, Curtis, and Thompson thrown into the mix.  Save the roster spot to develop Watson's replacement. 

Robinson had done little in 2 years and had shots last year to show something. Pringle , Kemp etc are potential at best. We agree to disagree. Nelson is certainly more valuable this year than Dieter, Curtis or Thompson. Not to mention Watkins is a walking injury in waiting. Hill out 4-6-8 games? Who Knows? 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Nelson would of been our #2 WR last year with his 63 catches and 739 yards and over double what Demarcus and Conley did!  I agree about developing young talent BUT not at the risk of a Super Bowl birth.  

Hill misses time......Sammy gets hurt......Gratz Hardman and Demarcus as targets to the best QB in the NFL!  What a waste.

just to be clear, I’m not saying give Jordy $10M a year..no!  I’m saying if he wants to come play on cheap contract it would be a much welcome addition 

52 minutes ago, Balto said:

Nelson would of been our #2 WR last year with his 63 catches and 739 yards and over double what Demarcus and Conley did!  I agree about developing young talent BUT not at the risk of a Super Bowl birth.  

Hill misses time......Sammy gets hurt......Gratz Hardman and Demarcus as targets to the best QB in the NFL!  What a waste.

just to be clear, I’m not saying give Jordy $10M a year..no!  I’m saying if he wants to come play on cheap contract it would be a much welcome addition 

Sorry, I just don't see Nelson at this point being the difference in the SB or not. 

Archived