Chris Jones Contract Issues

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'd like to see them hold off until at least game 6 to extend him. Make sure he adapts and engages with system and coaching. Costs us nothing being patient 

Both sides should get the deal done now, Jones could get injured and that would be bad for him, Jones could have 10 sacks in the first 6 games and that would be bad for the Chiefs, because the price just went up, it is best in my opinion to get the deal done now before any what if's.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one big gap in between. I'm not sure how things will turn out but looks like Jones is simply focused on remaining a pass rusher and getting paid like one. Even though I think that was already the plan for him as the interior pass rusher but could be favoring the sack numbers at this point. 

That being said giving up 2 picks and a huge deal for Clark was a very risky move. I think we'll likely let Jones leave in this scenario. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

That's one big gap in between. I'm not sure how things will turn out but looks like Jones is simply focused on remaining a pass rusher and getting paid like one. Even though I think that was already the plan for him as the interior pass rusher but could be favoring the sack numbers at this point. 

That being said giving up 2 picks and a huge deal for Clark was a very risky move. I think we'll likely let Jones leave in this scenario. 

We can afford to tag him next year and again the following year for 42 million total for 3 years of play. If we let him go it would be the 2nd tagged year I bet we do a trade. That gives us at least 2 more years of him in the 4-3 and him taking a chance too of injury. Good thing is they will both be playes like contract years if he does not extend now. We also get a chance to develop behind him if we know we are letting him go.

35 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We can afford to tag him next year and again the following year for 42 million total for 3 years of play. If we let him go it would be the 2nd tagged year I bet we do a trade. That gives us at least 2 more years of him in the 4-3 and him taking a chance too of injury. Good thing is they will both be playes like contract years if he does not extend now. We also get a chance to develop behind him if we know we are letting him go.

I think that's what it'll come down to. With Hill situation up in the air it would be nice to take care of Jones first but I guess that won't be an option. 

Archived