Camp observations

#Chiefs ED Alex Okafor (@aokafor57) has received praise for his minicamp performance so far, including getting an interception on Patrick Mahomes. Okafor has been one of the best run defending and tackling edge defenders in recent years, and is expected to continue that in 2019.

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Relentless defense damn let's not get too excited. We were terrible last year lmao

Well it was not like last year was worth shit so an average one this year would look huge for us.....hence relentless lol. I do think an average or above average defense last year and we would have won it all. Have one this year and we will be very scary and looking good to go to the SB.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well it was not like last year was worth shit so an average one this year would look huge for us.....hence relentless lol. I do think an average or above average defense last year and we would have won it all. Have one this year and we will be very scary and looking good to go to the SB.

After 5 years of watching Werthers defenses completely passive and dictated by what the offense does, I'm sure any defense looks like it's in attack mode to an onlooker.

8 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Lamar Jackson having his best day does not mean he doesn't suck. 

54 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Um it took a flipping miracle pass play from Mahomes to Tyreek on like 4th and 7 for the Chiefs to beat the Ravens last year. They are a playoff caliber team until the season starts and whatever happens then is unknown, injuries etc. you have to look at that week three game as a big one if both these teams are in playoff contention at the end of the season cause it could impact playoff seedings. 

Jackson had 147 yards passing that day to 377 for Mahomes. Both threw for 2 TDs, but it was not their offense that kept it close. It was their defense to keep it close and our defense to let it get to that point. We led in total yards, TOP, rushing, total plays, first downs etc. Having missed 2 FGs that day, a bad day for Buttkicker...... did not help at all either. I think their defense has taken a hit this year while we have yet to see ours but even then it cant get much worse than last years either.  I believe we will win this one easily this year as we will be much improved on defense and even without Hill, still are very dangerous on offense. The one key to this is Jackson too. Does he improve a lot or will he be the more running type QB? Will our defense make stops and stop the run too when needed? Who knows but right now I believe we will be the better team by far in week 3.

I am back in APG Hands, need to get to independent brewing factory and meet up for that beer bud.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

😉 That sucky QB almost beat your awesome Qb in his own house....Your awesome QB needed OT and a non-call PI to 

Chiefs D stats on the year only team to give up an avg. Rush an attempt  at 5.0 yrs a carry. 27th out of 32 only because offense's had to pass to keep up. Pass D 31st in the league nuff said. Ravens 2nd in the league in rushing yrs on the year and no matter what rank in passing vs. Kc pass defense, Lamar should of had his best day match up wise on the year. I watched the game and count me as not impressed. I see your defense taking a step back and Lamar needs as a passer to take a couple steps up. As always you never know and we shall see.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

😉 That sucky QB almost beat your awesome Qb in his own house....Your awesome QB needed OT and a non-call PI to win.

Everybody whose team isn't planning to rely on the triple option raise their hand...

*hand raises

Enjoy watching your new wing T offense.  Party like it's 1932!!!

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Jackson had 147 yards passing that day to 377 for Mahomes. Both threw for 2 TDs, but it was not their offense that kept it close. It was their defense to keep it close and our defense to let it get to that point. We led in total yards, TOP, rushing, total plays, first downs etc. Having missed 2 FGs that day, a bad day for Buttkicker...... did not help at all either. I think their defense has taken a hit this year while we have yet to see ours but even then it cant get much worse than last years either.  I believe we will win this one easily this year as we will be much improved on defense and even without Hill, still are very dangerous on offense. The one key to this is Jackson too. Does he improve a lot or will he be the more running type QB? Will our defense make stops and stop the run too when needed? Who knows but right now I believe we will be the better team by far in week 3.

I am back in APG Hands, need to get to independent brewing factory and meet up for that beer bud.

Cool- played Ruggles Sat/Sunday...

Archived