Chiefs Defense - over-under

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

As of now the toughest to do it against could be Bears, Vikings, Chargers (they did hold us to 28 in loss) Ravens (who we have to see with their losses/gains on defense) and Houston, who has a pretty good D too.

And this game will only be the third of the year.

- Is Watkins healthy?

-Is Hill suspended?

-Has the Ravens Defense marched on or regressed?

-Has Hardman adapted?

-Can the chiefs rush for more than 89yds?

-Can the Chiefs not give up 195 yds rushing?

-Is Watkins healthy?

23 hours ago, DieHard said:

We don’t? I think it is relatively straightforward. Most likely:

Okafor, Nnadi, Jones, Clark

CB and S are pretty well set.

LB is going to be interesting but I think Hitch starts as the base Will and nickel Mike. If Rags can’t step up, Hitch might move inside and Lee gets s shot at Will. I mean DOD or Niemann could come out of nowhere or an injury or a FA pickup, but basically we know what this defense is going to look Ike.

22 hours ago, jetlord said:

We know the line and the safeties, two of the three CBs, and probably the three LBs in the base defense.  That's pretty settled for this early.  I think the Chiefs will add a CB some time before the season but that's about it. 

Injuries? Trades? FA Signings? SUspensions?

17 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

That's no different than any other team when it comes to predicting the regular season lineup.  Guess the Hill uncertainty changes it for the offense, but the thread was about the defense. 

15 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Technically possible, but it's hard to see major upheaval in our defensive starters outside of injury.  A possible Hill suspension of course would affect the offense. 

28 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

- Is Watkins healthy? Game 3 he should be

-Is Hill suspended? Not counting him in really at this point

-Has the Ravens Defense marched on or regressed? I would think regressed with losses outweighing the gains for now.

-Has Hardman adapted? I dont think he will have, but the will give him the simple routes and plays to utilize him for his speed. Like they did with Hill early in his career. Maybe slot?

-Can the chiefs rush for more than 89yds? Well our leading RB had more than yours at 75 yards. Also this was just the first full week of us not having Hunt preparing for a game etc. So with that said, I do believe we rush for a lot more this game.

-Can the Chiefs not give up 195 yds rushing? We have improved a lot in run stoppers and going to the 4-3 will help for players like Hitchens. I dont think your leading RB will get much more than 67 yards, but I bet we limit the 67 LJ got that game.

-Is Watkins healthy? LOL, yes he will be.

9 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Technically possible, but it's hard to see major upheaval in our defensive starters outside of injury.  A possible Hill suspension of course would affect the offense. 

I do think we tinker with another CB and/or TE. Might even look at LB still too.

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's no different than any other team when it comes to predicting the regular season lineup.  Guess the Hill uncertainty changes it for the offense, but the thread was about the defense. 

Best Chiefs defense is a good Chiefs offense

That being said, I was commenting on the defense

48 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

- Is Watkins healthy? Game 3 he should be Thats some bold thinking.....

-Is Hill suspended? Not counting him in really at this point Either was I but some fans.....

-Has the Ravens Defense marched on or regressed? I would think regressed with losses outweighing the gains for now. I will disagree- Earl Thomas for Weddle is a no brainer- Thomas is faster and better in coverage. Losing the pass rushers is meh also- Suggs was slow, Smith overrated. CJ Mosely couldn't cover worth a crap. We got faster and younger on defense= better.

-Has Hardman adapted? I dont think he will have, but the will give him the simple routes and plays to utilize him for his speed. Like they did with Hill early in his career. Maybe slot? I can agree with this

-Can the chiefs rush for more than 89yds? Well our leading RB had more than yours at 75 yards. Also this was just the first full week of us not having Hunt preparing for a game etc. So with that said, I do believe we rush for a lot more this game. Two backs gained over 60 plus a QB who ran for 67- wears a defense out.

-Can the Chiefs not give up 195 yds rushing? We have improved a lot in run stoppers and going to the 4-3 will help for players like Hitchens. I dont think your leading RB will get much more than 67 yards, but I bet we limit the 67 LJ got that game. I bet Lamar doesn't run it more than 5-6 times anyway. Passing will be his focus.

-Is Watkins healthy? LOL, yes he will be. Again with that overabundance of confidence

55 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Best Chiefs defense is a good Chiefs offense

That being said, I was commenting on the defense

So who's going to be suspended on the Chiefs' defense?  You listed that as a possible uncertainty.  Or were you referring to the Ravens?

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I will say this. If he is out by game 3 then it will make cutting him that much easier next year. Confidence is coming from the fact by all accounts he is in great shape, did something new getting ready with his feet and is playing his possible last year if he does not show it.

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

- Is Watkins healthy?

-Is Hill suspended?

-Has the Ravens Defense marched on or regressed?

-Has Hardman adapted?

-Can the chiefs rush for more than 89yds?

-Can the Chiefs not give up 195 yds rushing?

-Is Watkins healthy?

I'd think most teams would much prefer to play us the first month of the year. It's really likely we won't have Tyreek. Its very unlikely 21 year old Hardman will be ready to be any major part of the offense. And it's going to take time for a new system and so many new players to gel on the defense. Watkins health is probably one of the keys to the season (at least early). Which is a bit scary. We will kind of start the season a shell of whats really possible in my opinion leaning heavily on the MVP. 

As for the Ravens, your pass rush tee'd off on the Mahomes last year and I really doubt they will be nearly as effective this year. I'm sure your passing game will have progressed some and your RB situation seems much more stable to help the Jackson. I see the Ravens as an 8-8 team that will be inconsistent week to week based on Jacksons play because I doubt the defense is as good at keeping games close so he's not forced into many obvious passing situations. 

We all know that Sutton was a low energy guy whose system was rigid and sometimes confusing to players. Heard several players from last year saying they had multiple gap assignments depending on situations that were not as clear as one would think. Sutton never seemed concerned with the defensive shortcomings as long as the team was winning.

If nothing else, Spagnoulo is a high energy, involved with the teaching of the positions kind of guy. I like that. His coaching staff on the defensive side seems very solid. How much is better coaching and scheme worth to a defense? Add some key players...Mathieu>>>no show Berry. Clark>>>Ford. Okafar=/>>>Bailey. Thornhill can't help but be better than Parker. I've heard Ragland, Hitchens and Fuller are excited and reenergized.

I think the defense can be middle of the pack (16-20). That would have been good enough last year. With our offense it will get us to the big dance this year barring injuries.

14 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I'd think most teams would much prefer to play us the first month of the year. It's really likely we won't have Tyreek. Its very unlikely 21 year old Hardman will be ready to be any major part of the offense. And it's going to take time for a new system and so many new players to gel on the defense. Watkins health is probably one of the keys to the season (at least early). Which is a bit scary. We will kind of start the season a shell of whats really possible in my opinion leaning heavily on the MVP. 

As for the Ravens, your pass rush tee'd off on the Mahomes last year and I really doubt they will be nearly as effective this year. I'm sure your passing game will have progressed some and your RB situation seems much more stable to help the Jackson. I see the Ravens as an 8-8 team that will be inconsistent week to week based on Jacksons play because I doubt the defense is as good at keeping games close so he's not forced into many obvious passing situations. 

I honestly don't understand why everyone thinks the Ravens Defense will regress this year- Suggs and Smith (3 of his 8 sacks came in one game vs the Titans) combined for 4 sacks in the final 9 games, Weddle didn't have 1 int all year and Mosely was consistently beat by TE's when he was in coverage. When Lewis retired and Reed left in FA after the SB, the D stayed at #8 in the league the following year. They just keep finding guys and I really think its more about the scheme, the play calls and the tradition (attitude) than it is about the players in Baltimore. The secondary is the best in the NFL and deep. MLB is the only position I worry about. Dlin and pass rush will be fine

Archived