Drum Deck to Debut this season

26 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Who lost seats? Looks weird.

Fans who sit in the upper deck will get to see the pregame ritual up close and personal instead of having to watch it take place on the field below. Having a permanent location for the drum, directly beneath the towering video board, should also help bring some attention to the pregame ritual.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Fans who sit in the upper deck will get to see the pregame ritual up close and personal instead of having to watch it take place on the field below. Having a permanent location for the drum, directly beneath the towering video board, should also help bring some attention to the pregame ritual.

Understand all that, just looks like some seats were removed.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

Understand all that, just looks like some seats were removed.

I am sure there were. Which is dumb imo but then we are 6th for seating capacity at 76,416 so a couple seats to them might not matter. Imagine if we could get 100k plus in a stadium and how loud it would be then.

14 hours ago, Balto said:

Probably why they did it in the upper deck because taking away lower seats costs to much lol

remember when they used to put whatever band was playing at halftime in the endzone seats and they also had Tony Dipardo and his band on the other end guess they had to do their best to make the place look full

4 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

remember when they used to put whatever band was playing at halftime in the endzone seats and they also had Tony Dipardo and his band on the other end guess they had to do their best to make the place look full

In the mid/late nineties, the place was packed and DiPardo still owned the east end zone.  Must have had senority. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

In the mid/late nineties, the place was packed and DiPardo still owned the east end zone.  Must have had senority. 

i should have put a caveat that the time period i was referring to was the late 70's to 80's when my dad had season tix, i also remember that the late games there was enough wide open space that allowed people to move around the stadium to stay in the sunlight (if there was any) just to try to stay warmer than being in the shadows

Archived