News on Tyreek???

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I’d say the no news is good news other than him actually getting his kid back. The players bonding behind Tyreek doesn’t mean anything really.  Odds seem pretty good he’s gonna be available at least half the season though and maybe more.  

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Sorry, but I'm from the "show me" state.  

In this case show me the evidence against him or let him play. He doesn’t need to prove his innocence, especially when he’s not even charged with any crime.  But it sure would be of value to the overall perception of this if he got his kid back  

That said Goodell hands out suspensions at his own leisure and we can expect one regardless. 

50 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

In this case show me the evidence against him or let him play. He doesn’t need to prove his innocence, especially when he’s not even charged with any crime.  But it sure would be of value to the overall perception of this if he got his kid back  

That said Goodell hands out suspensions at his own leisure and we can expect one regardless. 

agreed but there are those in here and in the KC Press  that believe he does

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

At this point I’d say the no news is good news other than him actually getting his kid back. The players bonding behind Tyreek doesn’t mean anything really.  Odds seem pretty good he’s gonna be available at least half the season though and maybe more.  

How can the players bonding not mean anything? As a KC fan you should know more than anyone how important team chemistry is. That and a good bullpen carried the Royals to a WS. 

I think its huge that they are getting closer. This team has been drug through the mud in the media. It could have divided them. It did the opposite.

Any time an article begins with the statement that they have information that no other source will publish, my B.S. antenna goes up.  Not saying the story isn't true, but we need more evidence that there's a conspiracy that the rest of the media is hiding something.  Then again, knowing the KCStar, it's all possible. 

Well reading it, it points to her and her family being greedy and using the boy as an extortion piece. I also saw where Hill wanted a 3 year deal but Rosenhuas being greedy said no and asked for more. Guess now he will get a small extension, prove he is clean for a couple years and then get his big one later.  Reality is he will get a suspension but it may not be even remotely close to half a season. 1 to 2 games because of his taped comments is all.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I don't see how tyreke gets suspended if he is innocent of the charges.  Seems Goodell would have a real fight with the players union. 

He will get suspended because telling Crystal "you should be terrified of me too bitch" is a violation of the leagues personal conduct policy.

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He will get suspended because telling Crystal "you should be terrified of me too bitch" is a violation of the leagues personal conduct policy.

I’ve compared the likely scenario Tyreek used corporal punishment unacceptable by modern standards to Adrian Peterson.  But Peterson was charged with a felony and plead guilty to a misdemeanor. Zero for Tyreek.   Jimmy Smith got 4 games for a pattern of emotionally abusive and threatening texts.  Tyreek made one non specific statement one time.

This is really crazy minus Information we don’t know. It almost has to be a short suspension based on everything we know. But I really have no idea what to expect.  

43 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Guess it depends on the context, but lots of guys have said worse.  i'm reminded of Ralph Kramden promising to send Alice to the moon.  "One of these days....BAM!...right in the kisser."  Seemed funny at the time.  Were Tyreek and Chrystal really fighting at the time or do they just talk that way when disagreeing?  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I’ve compared the likely scenario Tyreek used corporal punishment unacceptable by modern standards to Adrian Peterson.  But Peterson was charged with a felony and plead guilty to a misdemeanor. Zero for Tyreek.   Jimmy Smith got 4 games for a pattern of emotionally abusive and threatening texts.  Tyreek made one non specific statement one time.

This is really crazy minus Information we don’t know. It almost has to be a short suspension based on everything we know. But I really have no idea what to expect.  

Ezekiel Elliott? He was never charged. Accused by his girlfriend of abusive behavior. Never proven. Even the lead investigator for the NFL recommended no suspension that was how flimsy the evidence was. And Goodell still suspended him for 6 games in violation of the conduct policy. All appeals failed. Tyreek will be suspended. My guess is 6 games but he might catch a break and only get 4.

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

And that is provided the Child services investigation wraps up prior to the season starting. I've heard these things can take a very long time. Goodell won't let Hill play as long as that thing is ongoing so Hill will be put on the exempt list. Any way you slice it he will miss playing time.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Ezekiel Elliott? He was never charged. Accused by his girlfriend of abusive behavior. Never proven. Even the lead investigator for the NFL recommended no suspension that was how flimsy the evidence was. And Goodell still suspended him for 6 games in violation of the conduct policy. All appeals failed. Tyreek will be suspended. My guess is 6 games but he might catch a break and only get 4.

Agree this might be another similar type suspension that really belies proof.  The girl did file several police reports which accused him of domestic abuse. But no charges were filed and the NFL lead investigator actually recommended no suspension. But Goodell basically said they had enough proof to punish him. In Tyreeks case I don’t think they even have that but the general ugliness of the situation will likely compel him to act anyway.  I’m sure the NFLPA will challenge.  But we know how that works out. And in this case I’d prefer it just be over rather than having to rehash specifics in the national news cycle again and again. But we will see.  

I’m not going to buy into a story that isn’t backed by any named sources.  But I’ll give credit to author for at least supplying enough detail to make the story a plausible possibility.  

What the media should absolutely be able to confirm is if league officials did indeed meet with Tyreek in the last two weeks. The scary part of this timeline is the 12 month program that needs to be completed before Goodell says he will get involve.  This could potentially land Tyreek on the dreaded exempt list although I suspect his attorney would quickly file an injunction to allow him to play.  

21 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How can the players bonding not mean anything? As a KC fan you should know more than anyone how important team chemistry is. That and a good bullpen carried the Royals to a WS. 

I think its huge that they are getting closer. This team has been drug through the mud in the media. It could have divided them. It did the opposite.

That is a little overblown

no its not.. if you listened to the local sports talk radio heads the drums still have not completely quit pounding in regards to the Chiefs Org, Ownership, Front Office, Andy & Tyreek..In the beginning it was which Talk Show guy could be more outraged than the next.

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

That is a little overblown

The way the media sold the misinformation and some journalists flat let themselves get used here by a girl or family with a clear agenda is pretty frightening.  But I agree I’m not going full circle here and believing Tyreek is a victim as his side is selling now. Likely some where in the middle.  Problem is national narrative hasn’t caught up to that reality and most people still assume he’s a monster. Which sure looks dead wrong now.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

The way the media sold the misinformation and some journalists flat let themselves get used here by a girl or family with a clear agenda is pretty frightening.  But I agree I’m not going full circle here and believing Tyreek is a victim as his side is selling now. Likely some where in the middle.  Problem is national narrative hasn’t caught up to that reality and most people still assume he’s a monster. Which sure looks dead wrong now.  

I agree with everything but the "assume he's a monster".

Pretty sure he still is a bad, misguided person when it comes to discipline of his child, given his track record for family relations with the mom.

Not saying she is also not to blame, but this is just a bad bad situation that happens in every community around the country.

I read the article on Sunday and didn't really learn anything new about what we actually know what happened. 

Hard to know if the other stuff is true or not.  If so, I think HIll's Lawyers would have a field day, but then again maybe not.

I think he gets 2 games for the comment on audio unless Hill's attorneys can convince the NFL it was taken out of context and he wasn't referring to physical harm.

Regardless, Hill will be activated for Training Camp and await on his suspension.

Just my .02.

Archived