News on Tyreek???

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

The bolder phrase just sounds like PFT's spin to me.  I think a suspension is on the table, but not a "lengthy" one.  I would be pretty shocked at anything more than 4 games (and then bargained or appealed down from there) at this point.

It is,  mainly Florio as he said at the beginning of all this he would quit covering the NFL if Hill was allowed to play in the NFL again.   He has backed off that statement somewhat but he wants Hill gone for the year citing the Adrian Peterson suspension.   That was just 2 weeks ago.  

32 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

It is,  mainly Florio as he said at the beginning of all this he would quit covering the NFL if Hill was allowed to play in the NFL again.   He has backed off that statement somewhat but he wants Hill gone for the year citing the Adrian Peterson suspension.   That was just 2 weeks ago.  

Peterson was charged and convicted of a crime by the way. The injuries to the kid went way beyond a belt and there were pictures. And there was no doubt Peterson was the entire culprit of these. I've maintained the most likely scenario would have been an excessive use of corporal punishment as this is what these guys learned from their Dads. But in Tyreeks case there's even legit doubt now whether he was even the culprit in that two week period in question. How much if anything can the NFL find out here. I'm completely fine with Goodell making a ruling based on what likely happened based on facts. But this may very well come down to a suspension based more on the general ugliness of the situation. I guess that's what today is all about. 

41 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yeah I know Florio is a hardliner on this kind of stuff, that was part of the basis for my original comment.

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

But this may very well come down to a suspension based more on the general ugliness of the situation.

That's what some on this board have suggested, and that is the only scenario that would make me somewhat upset.

If they suspend Tyreek because there is some actual evidence that he abused the child (or Crystal), or they suspend him based on the audio with Crystal, then so be it.

But if the reasoning is "all of this looks bad, the child may have been abused but we don't know the details or even who did it, and you are his father and you have a bad thing in your past" then that's not right.

13 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

That's what some on this board have suggested, and that is the only scenario that would make me somewhat upset.

If they suspend Tyreek because there is some actual evidence that he abused the child (or Crystal), or they suspend him based on the audio with Crystal, then so be it.

But if the reasoning is "all of this looks bad, the child may have been abused but we don't know the details or even who did it, and you are his father and you have a bad thing in your past" then that's not right.

You're correct, but that's most-likely how it's being viewed. It's hard not to for most people. 

Tyreek spent 8 hours today with the leagues investigative team. I also heard today that when a criminal investigation was in progress Tyreek waived his 5th amendment rights and was eager to talk to authorities. Seems he had a lot to say today as well. 

34 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I agree. And that's why I'm hearing after investigating the matter and looking at all the evidence at their disposal the NFLPA is basically ready to go all in backing Tyreek. So any suspension is going to be met with a fight minus something they or we don't know about. Which in this case is always possible. Still as its been said time and time again. Goodell is going to do whatever he wants. 

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

So this is no longer the Hill News thread. Just the usual experts rehashing the same point over & over again.

Lets change the title or move the thread to the gossip column. 🙄

Well the meeting happened today, that's still news. 

Source: Chiefs' Hill meets with NFL investigators

7:11 PM ET
  • ESPN

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill met with NFL investigators Wednesday for eight hours, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

It was a "very thorough interview," according to the source.

Hill has been banned from the team's training facility amid an investigation by the Kansas Department of Children and Families into possible child abuse, battery or neglect. The investigation began after officers in Overland Park, Kansas, were called to Hill's home twice in March when Hill's 3-year-old son broke his arm.

Hill, a three-time Pro Bowler, remains subject to a suspension under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

There is currently no criminal investigation, according to Johnson County District Attorney Stephen M. Howe.

I understand taking a hard line on these kinds of issues but taking a hard stance when you don’t know all the facts is dangerous.   Anyone can claim anything about anyone, that’s the reason for innocent until proven guilty.   Either way what kind of leash is this guy going to be on after this blows over?   Hard to imagine the Chiefs backing the brink truck up.    

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I understand taking a hard line on these kinds of issues but taking a hard stance when you don’t know all the facts is dangerous.   Anyone can claim anything about anyone, that’s the reason for innocent until proven guilty.   Either way what kind of leash is this guy going to be on after this blows over?   Hard to imagine the Chiefs backing the brink truck up.    

Using a baseball analogy I think he's got two strikes and just caught a piece of the ball on strike three to keep himself alive. There's no room for error now. I do however believe he built some real trust here before she came back into the picture. So maybe he can do that again.  I think the worst judgement was getting back together with her. That's on him. 

36 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Using a baseball analogy I think he's got two strikes and just caught a piece of the ball on strike three to keep himself alive. There's no room for error now. I do however believe he built some real trust here before she came back into the picture. So maybe he can do that again.  I think the worst judgement was getting back together with her. That's on him. 

You can kind of understand it since they have a kid together. He wanted to be in the child’s life and she may have used their son to get back with him too. People make the mistake of listening to their heart over their head all the time and it doesn’t usually end well. Hill’s  biggest mistake was getting her pregnant again. Now you have three kids who are going to have a tough road ahead. . 

22 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

You can kind of understand it since they have a kid together. He wanted to be in the child’s life and she may have used their son to get back with him too. People make the mistake of listening to their heart over their head all the time and it doesn’t usually end well. Hill’s  biggest mistake was getting her pregnant again. Now you have three kids who are going to have a tough road ahead. . 

Bingo. That's one of things that concerned me the most. He now has three out of wedlock children with a women he can't live with. I feel sorry for his kids and hope the drama between their parents don't affect them too badly. 

7 hours ago, qnet said:

Bingo. That's one of things that concerned me the most. He now has three out of wedlock children with a women he can't live with. I feel sorry for his kids and hope the drama between their parents don't affect them too badly. 

she will still get the money for child support. If though she is charged, maybe the kids go to him? Who knows but this is an issue that will not go away because teams will know she is going to be there and their relationship with each other. Sign Jones to an extension. Get Hill if we get a good contract with stipulations etc. Who knows, maybe Hardman shines so well that we just trade or let Hill go FA?

" At issue is an allegation that Hill physically abused his son and broke his arm, a comment Hill made in a recorded conversation that his fiancee needs “to be terrified of me,” and the circumstances that led to Hill’s son being removed from their home. "

Jimmy Smith got 4 games for threatening his ex-gf (baby mama) verbally and via text messages which is a violation of the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.

53 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

" At issue is an allegation that Hill physically abused his son and broke his arm, a comment Hill made in a recorded conversation that his fiancee needs “to be terrified of me,” and the circumstances that led to Hill’s son being removed from their home. "

Jimmy Smith got 4 games for threatening his ex-gf (baby mama) verbally and via text messages which is a violation of the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.

I don't know who, if anyone, this is directed at, but two things:

• I know all we have is Kietzman's reporting, and people are probably scared to invoke his name right now, but until further information I think it's unfair to keep bringing up the broken arm.  The best and only report indicates it was an accident, so referencing it in this context is poisoning the well.
  • I said above that I won't complain about a suspension if there is OTHER evidence of abuse, OR if they cite the audio specifically.  I think the audio is damning regardless of the context, and a (short) suspension is fair.  (Because it was one statement rather than a series of messages, I have to think Hill's suspension will be equal to or less than Smith's.)  What I WON'T be okay with is if Hill is suspended for the "general ugliness" or "guilt by association" with the situation.

23 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

• I know all we have is Kietzman's reporting, and people are probably scared to invoke his name right now, but until further information I think it's unfair to keep bringing up the broken arm.  The best and only report indicates it was an accident, so referencing it in this context is poisoning the well.
  • I said above that I won't complain about a suspension if there is OTHER evidence of abuse, OR if they cite the audio specifically.  I think the audio is damning regardless of the context, and a (short) suspension is fair.  (Because it was one statement rather than a series of messages, I have to think Hill's suspension be equal to or less than Smith's.)  What I WON'T be okay with is if Hill is suspended for the "general ugliness" or "guilt by association" with the situation.

Yes.  I think there is no allegation that Tyreek broke the kids arm.  Sounds like that was cleared up fairly quickly.  But it does add some zing to people's posts when they add it every time. 

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Yes.  I think there is no allegation that Tyreek broke the kids arm.  Sounds like that was cleared up fairly quickly.  But it does add some zing to people's posts when they add it every time. 

I can guarantee when there is closure of some sort (the NFL announces a suspension, or there are reports that no suspension will be coming) it will still get brought up with no context or mention of the Kietzman report.

46 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I can guarantee when there is closure of some sort (the NFL announces a suspension, or there are reports that no suspension will be coming) it will still get brought up with no context or mention of the Kietzman report.

Do we have any idea when the NFL will announce?

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I don't think there have been any reports on that.  But this meeting was I think the biggest thing, my guess would be sooner than later.

Well it should come soon as he is expected to be at TC. I am sure they would want it all done before that in order not to take away from TC publicity etc.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

• I said above that I won't complain about a suspension if there is OTHER evidence of abuse, OR if they cite the audio specifically.  I think the audio is damning regardless of the context, and a (short) suspension is fair.  (Because it was one statement rather than a series of messages, I have to think Hill's suspension will be equal to or less than Smith's.)  What I WON'T be okay with is if Hill is suspended for the "general ugliness" or "guilt by association" with the situation.

This has been confirmed by numerous sources. They knew he didn’t break the kids arm last March.  But that didn’t fit lazy media narrative so it’s largely been buried. 

Also not widely reported is the fact the bogus source of the audio tape was a part of Espinal plan all along. Or that Espinals family is being investigated by the FBI for possible extortion of Hill. Or that she’s being investigated for a potential diagnosis for the proxy disorder where parents seeking attention hurt their own kid after crying wolf stops working. 

Theres just tons of crazy things at play here. I personally still tend to believe he himself oversteps acceptable boundaries with the belt because that’s what he was taught. 4 game Suspension and counseling fit that to me. But even that’s in question.  

Archived