News on Tyreek???

20 minutes ago, dksww said:

I read the article on Sunday and didn't really learn anything new about what we actually know what happened. 

Hard to know if the other stuff is true or not.  If so, I think HIll's Lawyers would have a field day, but then again maybe not.

I think he gets 2 games for the comment on audio unless Hill's attorneys can convince the NFL it was taken out of context and he wasn't referring to physical harm.

Regardless, Hill will be activated for Training Camp and await on his suspension.

Just my .02.

Theres nothing really new there except a more compelling view of a girl and maybe entire family that seemed intent on doing whatever it took to nail Tyreek in the court of public opinion before he could end things with her.  

That narrative also maintains he never did anything abusive and the 6 word threat was to expose her craziness and not physically hurt her. Minus proof his attorney has certainly made it more difficult at least for Goodell to levy long suspension.  

If he doesn’t land on exempt list, im beginning to think we could have Tyreek back in October   Maybe even as early as home opener.  Maybe suspension won’t be levied until later in the season (which I’m sure the Chiefs don’t want). Anything’s possible now  

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The #1 thing this "news" may have changed my mind about is, maybe MAYBE Tyreek's statement wasn't a physical threat after all.  At best it's still a terrible choice of words considering that he has the past history of physical abuse with her, and in the audio that was released it came directly after she said "your son is terrified of you" so it sounds like it's physical.  So, again, in the interpretation that is most generous towards Tyreek that's not very smart of him to say that in that context, even if he meant something else.  Not thinking on his feet very clearly.

But I'm willing to at least entertain the possibility that in the full context of the audio, she is shaking him down, he knows it and he's really admitting to nothing, and the "you should be terrified" comment is him saying he will expose her shakedown.

Not saying I absolutely believe that to be the truth but I think it's plausible.  Still unacceptable for him to use those specific words, still dumb for him to take the bait.

Keitzman just "broke" another piece of this. LOL.  The case has reached the point where all criminal investigations are completely done and as such the league can now go in and interview Tyreek and a few other parties to try to figure out what realistically happened here. This is actually a really good sign the that the exempt list is not going to have to be used and a suspension or not will likely come in the next few weeks. Odd thing here is the story from this weekend said the league had already interviewed Tyreek. In any case it appears we are heading now toward a resolution. Whatever that may be. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

By the way Keitzman put another Twitter alert out there about breaking news on Tyreek he's about to share....what the heck now. 

That the news is legit and sources are being confirmed as good etc. Would be my guess. Also he will be at TC now.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

That the news is legit and sources are being confirmed as good etc. Would be my guess. Also he will be at TC now.

I just posted what I heard back into that post. But basically now that the criminal case is closed the league can now investigate and make a recommendation. It's a good thing for sure as at the very least we are progressing toward some finality with this. Whatever that may be. 

Less than two months til pre-season starts up.

Gonna feel weird knowing you got the MVP making us the team to beat. This is a first for every chief fan man let's get this shit started

Tyreek will be back before training camp looks like. This offense will be better than last year. 

2 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Less than two months til pre-season starts up.

Gonna feel weird knowing you got the MVP making us the team to beat. This is a first for every chief fan man let's get this shit started

Tyreek will be back before training camp looks like. This offense will be better than last year. 

I hear you. I am so exited. What will the D look like? What if Pat takes a step forward in year 2? Can Ward be what he was last year? Who emerges at WR? Who emerges at LB? Man I can’t remember being so excited for a season. So many unknowns. Such a high ceiling. Lets get it on!

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I hear you. I am so exited. What will the D look like? What if Pat takes a step forward in year 2? Can Ward be what he was last year? Who emerges at WR? Who emerges at LB? Man I can’t remember being so excited for a season. So many unknowns. Such a high ceiling. Lets get it on!

From one "DH" to another...I am right there with you. It's been really hard to enjoy this offseason because of all the drama with Hill and even to some extent Chris Jones. I just want to get back to football and how KC is going to dominate the West once again and prove the "experts" wrong...again!

I know some of the experts pick SD because they have a more complete team but has anyone looked at position by position?  I’m not so sure they are even better in that aspect.   QB, Oline, and TE we are clearly better and at WR I would take Tyreek and Watkins over Keenan Allen and Mike Williams all day.  Melvin Gordon is far better than our RB but that doesn’t even remotely make that offense close to ours.   Now let’s look at D.  Bosa and ingram are better than Clark and Okafor/Ogbah but not by a huge margin and ok the inside Chris Jones and Nandi are a good bit better than Meband and Tillery.   Denzel Perryman is a stud and Thomas is old and past his prime but they do have an edge here but the secondary looks pretty even with them having maybe a little more depth there.  Our ST unit is better than theirs too.  So how are they a better team or a more well rounded team?  I think we roll them twice this year along with the rest of the West!

18 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Sorry.  I was thinking this was you. 

Your point doesn't stick- every team has reports of bad behavior. Just so happens the Chiefs are having a bad run of it. Every team does. ProFootballTalk had to stop running the "Days without an Arrest" meter when NBC bought the site and Florio started appearing on TV.

The team hasn't been "drug through the mud"- they knew they were taking a chance on Hill when they drafted him. They signed Clark after his DV issue and threatening a reporter who wrote about it.

If anything, it's self-inflicted.

12 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Your point doesn't stick- every team has reports of bad behavior. Just so happens the Chiefs are having a bad run of it. Every team does. ProFootballTalk had to stop running the "Days without an Arrest" meter when NBC bought the site and Florio started appearing on TV.

The team hasn't been "drug through the mud"- they knew they were taking a chance on Hill when they drafted him. They signed Clark after his DV issue and threatening a reporter who wrote about it.

If anything, it's self-inflicted.

The pivot from "I didn't post the articles" to "well they deserved it" is really impressive.  Good job, great effort.

21 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Yeah, thats me. Got me.

25 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

The pivot from "I didn't post the articles" to "well they deserved it" is really impressive.  Good job, great effort.

Please tell me where I said that. Shit, I admitted it.

Still doesn't make the point that the team has been "drug thru the mud"

Basic reading comprehension- great job, good effort.

Ok, now as it seems he will play this year, barring unforeseen things..... how dangerous are we?

Does Hardman line up slot or Watkins? Hill on other side, after suspension of some sort and still have Kelce. This does not include other weapons that seem to be coming along like Robinson, Pringle etc and our RB field. I like having this because we really are quick as hell at all positions for WR/TE. With that said, if Hardman comes along greatly we can release Watkins next year and use that money for Hill at a cheaper rate because of all this that he has done to himself.  Even with his trouble, this may have been a blessing for us. We drafted a WR a year earlier as we were expecting to keep Hill over Watkins one would think. Watkins would have been needed to be replaced next year or even if we kept him his 3rd year the year after that. Going to free up cap space, get busy signing our own to extensions and still go after the one or two FAs needed.

24 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Please tell me where I said that.

I interpreted "Yeah that's me.  Got me." (referencing whether or not you were posting a bunch of articles on this) as a sarcastic denial.  If you WEREN'T being sarcastic then what are you even doing here?  The denial of whether or not you posted multiple articles is separate from the point of whether or not that constitutes the team being "dragged through the mud."  But it sure seemed to me, using very reasonable reading comprehension skills, that you were denying that you had posted multiple articles.

24 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Basic reading comprehension- great job, good effort.

Ah the old rubber-glue defense.  Excellent work, I am undone!

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

I interpreted "Yeah that's me.  Got me." (referencing whether or not you were posting a bunch of articles on this) as a sarcastic denial.  If you WEREN'T being sarcastic then what are you even doing here?  The denial of whether or not you posted multiple articles is separate from the point of whether or not that constitutes the team being "dragged through the mud."  But it sure seemed to me, using very reasonable reading comprehension skills, that you were denying that you had posted multiple articles.

Ah the old rubber-glue defense.  Excellent work, I am undone!

Sarcasm always has truth in it. At least mine does. If it doesn't, i write I keed I keed at the end

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I know some of the experts pick SD because they have a more complete team but has anyone looked at position by position?  I’m not so sure they are even better in that aspect.   QB, Oline, and TE we are clearly better and at WR I would take Tyreek and Watkins over Keenan Allen and Mike Williams all day.  Melvin Gordon is far better than our RB but that doesn’t even remotely make that offense close to ours.   Now let’s look at D.  Bosa and ingram are better than Clark and Okafor/Ogbah but not by a huge margin and ok the inside Chris Jones and Nandi are a good bit better than Meband and Tillery.   Denzel Perryman is a stud and Thomas is old and past his prime but they do have an edge here but the secondary looks pretty even with them having maybe a little more depth there.  Our ST unit is better than theirs too.  So how are they a better team or a more well rounded team?  I think we roll them twice this year along with the rest of the West!

Two factors that you didn't mention.  One, Reid is a better offensive coach and can find ways to use his players more efficiently.  Two, Rivers is slowing down.  Not a knock on him, we all get older, but he's less a QB every season as experience is overridden by age. 

Terez Paylor is about as level headed and good of a source on Chiefs related news that you can have. Here’s his take today. 

“I think it’s important to remember that Tyreek has already given his defense through the letter,” Taylor explained, referencing Hill’s letter to the NFL we highlighted back in early May here. “The letter came out and I think it was the first time people saw Tyreek’s side, so the league is going to come here and Tyreek can have his legal representation with him—a couple investigators. They’re going to come in, and they’re going to basically go over a lot of stuff that comes out. 

“My understanding is they’ll just be checking the veracity of his story. I think it’s obviously an important week for Tyreek. It’s an important week for the Chiefs. I think if this goes well, if they believe his story, if he has corroborating evidence and that type of thing, I think you could potentially see the league make a ruling on this sooner rather than later and Tyreek to be ready for the start of camp.”

“I do think there is optimism that he can get out of this with a small suspension or none,” Paylor said. “As a reporter, I have to be cynical and this story—the audio, even in context, wasn’t a great look, so I think the league is going to do something just to appease [fans]. [Roger] Goodell’s done that, the NFL’s done that. People want to see headlines that Tyreek Hill’s been suspended by the NFL, so my guess a two-to-four-game suspension. NFLPA [could be] like, ‘Yeah, no. There’s evidence—that’s bogus.’ And then it gets knocked down. 

“Like you said, that’s just a guess and B, the NFL can do what it wants. So we’re just going to have to see. The Chiefs have covered themselves by drafting Mecole Hardman. There’s definitely optimism that Tyreek Hill’s going to be a Chief in 2019 and be ready by camp if this week goes well.”

I firmly believe if it goes well it will get kicked down from a six game suspension (Ezekiel Elliott) to a 4 game suspension. Less than 4 games would be amazing! Chiefs are a playoff team without Tyreek...but with him they are so dangerous on so many levels. And all those wannabe commissioners who said Tyreek was guilty as hell of breaking his child's arm and abusing him and he should be booted out of the league can kiss my A**!!

PFT-

The NFL’s investigation of Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill continues, with the NFL finally speaking directly to Hill.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Hill currently is meeting in Kansas City with NFL Special Counsel for Investigations Lisa Friel as part of the league’s review of multiple potential violations of the Personal Conduct Policy by Hill. Jennifer Gaffney, who works with Friel, also is present.

Despite a report that multiple interviews of Hill will occur, the expectation is that only one interview will happen in Kansas City. If/when the NFL determines that Hill should be punished, Hill would travel to New York to meet with Commissioner Roger Goodell.

As the source explained it, issues currently on the table include the recorded comments made by Hill to Crystal Espinal (“you need to be terrified of me too, bitch”), discipline of Hill’s three-year-old son that may have crossed the line, and the circumstances that resulted in the child being removed from the custody of Hill and Espinal.

After the audio of Hill’s comments emerged, the Chiefs and Hill agreed that he would stop attending offseason workouts. Training camp opens on July 23; while Hill possibly will be present, a suspension could become effective after the preseason ends. Last year, the NFL suspended Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith four games for threatening and engaging in emotional abuse of the mother of his child, without any type of physical violence.

Hovering over the entire situation is Hill’s history of violence against Espinal. He previously pleaded guilty to choking and beating her while she was pregnant. Hill has never been disciplined by the league for that incident (it happened before he was drafted), but the Personal Conduct Policy allows pre-NFL misbehavior to be used as an aggravating factor when establishing punishment for misconduct that happens after the player joins an NFL team.

With three different possible violations and the aggravating circumstances arising from his past behavior, Hill could still be facing a lengthy suspension.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

With three different possible violations and the aggravating circumstances arising from his past behavior, Hill could still be facing a lengthy suspension.

The bolder phrase just sounds like PFT's spin to me.  I think a suspension is on the table, but not a "lengthy" one.  I would be pretty shocked at anything more than 4 games (and then bargained or appealed down from there) at this point.

30 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

PFT-

I'll repost Terez Paylors comments from yesterday. Nobody knows what Goodell will do but I can safely say that Terez and his sources seem by far the best on this subject...

“I do think there is optimism that he can get out of this with a small suspension or none,” Paylor said. “As a reporter, I have to be cynical and this story—the audio, even in context, wasn’t a great look, so I think the league is going to do something just to appease [fans]. [Roger] Goodell’s done that, the NFL’s done that. People want to see headlines that Tyreek Hill’s been suspended by the NFL, so my guess a two-to-four-game suspension. NFLPA [could be] like, ‘Yeah, no. There’s evidence—that’s bogus.’ And then it gets knocked down.

Archived