I am 71 years old but I gotta at 5 more weeks to pressures

My apologies.   Since first of the year my PC died and rather than replace,  I decided to try and post with my kindle tablet.   

Because of my age,  which really is 71,   my fingers are not as nimble as once they were.   Accordingly while my granddaughter can  fly through a post using two thumbs,  I am stuck using an index finger and search and pick method.   My biggest victim on a kindle is "auto correct"  which changes words as you all of you know.   Second biggest victim is my  hesitancy to doublecheck after I have posted something.    Earlier this year I was determined to reduce my footprint on this site.   People are not interested in my long winded political opinions,  nor am I as interested in theirs.   Anyway,   looking back on it,  a lot of what I have posted the last several months has made no sense.   I have a PC again with a real keyboard so I am not stuck with a one finger posting.

But I have no excuse for not proofreading  before I post.   Somethings I read later are radically different from what I thought I had intended to post.   But the fact is,  it is my work and I am responsible for it. 

I am going to continue to reduce the length of and the frequency of my postings.   At the ripe old age of 71,  I have discovered that in many fields,  my opinions are stored in the "old fool" category.   That's a natural  progression of generations.    And I would only remind you that best I can tell,  I was the ONLY one on this board that was in Tulane stadium when the Chiefs won their last superbowl     And that's a fact.   But   I won't lecture anymore.   I won't reminisce.   What Chiefs did in 1970  doesn't help 2019.   

Just realize.....I am just like you.   I am still a crazy Chiefs fan.   The same crazy fan I was when the Chiefs were brought by Mayor Bartle in 1965.    And nobody wants a repeat superbowl win  more than me.    

In the meantime I promise to stop lecturing about the old days....and I hope that some way I can get auto correct fixed.

--    wilkie

8 hours ago, wilkie said:

My apologies.   Since first of the year my PC died and rather than replace,  I decided to try and post with my kindle tablet.   

Because of my age,  which really is 71,   my fingers are not as nimble as once they were.   Accordingly while my granddaughter can  fly through a post using two thumbs,  I am stuck using an index finger and search and pick method.   My biggest victim on a kindle is "auto correct"  which changes words as you all of you know.   Second biggest victim is my  hesitancy to doublecheck after I have posted something.    Earlier this year I was determined to reduce my footprint on this site.   People are not interested in my long winded political opinions,  nor am I as interested in theirs.   Anyway,   looking back on it,  a lot of what I have posted the last several months has made no sense.   I have a PC again with a real keyboard so I am not stuck with a one finger posting.

But I have no excuse for not proofreading  before I post.   Somethings I read later are radically different from what I thought I had intended to post.   But the fact is,  it is my work and I am responsible for it. 

I am going to continue to reduce the length of and the frequency of my postings.   At the ripe old age of 71,  I have discovered that in many fields,  my opinions are stored in the "old fool" category.   That's a natural  progression of generations.    And I would only remind you that best I can tell,  I was the ONLY one on this board that was in Tulane stadium when the Chiefs won their last superbowl     And that's a fact.   But   I won't lecture anymore.   I won't reminisce.   What Chiefs did in 1970  doesn't help 2019.   

Just realize.....I am just like you.   I am still a crazy Chiefs fan.   The same crazy fan I was when the Chiefs were brought by Mayor Bartle in 1965.    And nobody wants a repeat superbowl win  more than me.    

In the meantime I promise to stop lecturing about the old days....and I hope that some way I can get auto correct fixed.

--    wilkie

No apologies needed. We all do the same thing. I am bad about my phone for messages. The damn space bar and the B letter get me every time to where one weird word is put up there. I dont proof read all the time, thank god though for edit!

10 hours ago, wilkie said:

--    wilkie

If the goal is to reduce the size of your posts, not a good start.  😀  Now get off my lawn.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, xen said:

Can you maybe try to read your sentences and see if they make sense before posting them?  This is becoming routine and I never know what the hell you are saying anymore.  They don't have spellcheck in kansas?

sense posting read makes never sentences routine spellchecking.

Archived