Kietzman gone

Just now, KCTech said:

I bet they try, or at least give a statement that they have no further comment.

I would say you are right..the shows could turn into areal mes..but then they let it happen when tyreeks issues came up.. KK is no better if not worse that Tyreek..whats good for the Cheeta is good for the zithead

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I would say you are right..the shows could turn into areal mes..but then they let it happen when tyreeks issues came up.. KK is no better if not worse that Tyreek..whats good for the Cheeta is good for the zithead

You know, about ten years ago I loved his broadcast. In the last few years he became such a pompous ass I couldn't listen anymore. The opposing show on 610 isn't very good, but it was better than listening to KK spew garbage and suck all over K-State.

I don't always agree with them but  like to listen to Petro and the Border patrol guys. KK always seemed too generic & strange. There was no gray area with him on a subject he felt strongly about, and it's seems like he'd be a terrible debater. I remember him saying things that didn't sound right, and his guests would awkwardly let it slide. 

kietzman was the glue for that stupid station.  It will go downhill fast.

The criticism was fair.  Andy reid wasn't going to discipline anyone.  He hired Bob Sutton which showed he didn't care about defensive discipline.  Yeah,  its gray area about the family issue.   Do you expect 610 to say anything like that? don't think so.  Critical comments on radio will get you fired.   Interesting to see how many people jump ship from 810 now.

15 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

The criticism was fair.  Andy reid wasn't going to discipline anyone.  He hired Bob Sutton which showed he didn't care about defensive discipline.  Yeah,  its gray area about the family issue.   Do you expect 610 to say anything like that? don't think so.  Critical comments on radio will get you fired.   Interesting to see how many people jump ship from 810 now.

His show has become the worst they had to offer and had the declining ratings despite weak competition to prove it.  They had already started tearing that show apart when they fired Danny Clinksdale last year. This incident just sped the process up. This doesn’t even mention recent internal feuds with Soren Petro and Border Patrol regular Sam Mellinger. 

IE...this station has strong local ownership and high caliber hosts in its other slots. They will ultimately be better off. 

2 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Wow, I don't agree with that at all. IMHO the other shows are way better than his. I think the station will go on and do well.  

Let's break down what you are talking about. At the time , for a person like Reid that appears to not know defense that well, the Bob Sutton hire wasn't a bad move IMO. Sutton's defense's were actually pretty good early on. The problem is Reid waited too long to get rid of him when the defense wasn't as effective. 

However, comparing  the Tyreek Hill situation with Reids situation with his family (basically his son's) is asinine. Reid has no control over Hill other than football. You, I, or no one else, knows what he may have wanted to do with Hill after the incident with Hill's son and subsequent audio that was heard. 

We as fans have no idea of the history with Reid's sons or what he may have said to them and how they were raised. Reid spent 14 seasons in Phili and I don't recall a lot of incidents with his players. If there was a more concrete history of this over all that time, I would sort of understand Kietzman's point. 

Not sure if he had to sign a non compete clause which would keep him off the air for 6 months or whatever to get his full severance package. But this is a guy with a massive ego who will have to get the last word and that means doing whatever he can to back his lack of discipline story about Andy or trying to bury Tyreek to support his uncompromising approach or something similar somewhere. I predict he tries to create a shitstorm in some regard unless he simply doesn't have the platform to do it short term. 

I'm shocked this happened, the guy had been on KC airwaves for 22 years.  I was like 20 when he started lol.

My guess is he'll be at 610 by the end of the year.  That's how radio works, from 2001 to 2004ish I worked for a couple of stations in KC and this would happen all the time.

It would be foolish of 610 not to bring him over and stick him right on the 2-6 time slot because 810 is going to have a hard time filling that time slot and getting ratings.

Soren Petro will not move his show to that time because he has scheduled weekly segments with big names like Jayson Stark, Bob Glauber and others who they will not ask to move their schedule around to be on with Soren.

I doubt 810 moves Josh Brisco to that segment since he doesn't have much experience, I think they will look outside KC and bring in someone that we don't know and that's why 610 will eventually bring Keitzman in because they can steal all of his listeners and advertisers for that time slot.

We haven't heard the last of Kevin Keitzman in KC Sports Radio.

29 minutes ago, dksww said:

I'm shocked this happened, the guy had been on KC airwaves for 22 years.  I was like 20 when he started lol.

My guess is he'll be at 610 by the end of the year.  That's how radio works, from 2001 to 2004ish I worked for a couple of stations in KC and this would happen all the time.

It would be foolish of 610 not to bring him over and stick him right on the 2-6 time slot because 810 is going to have a hard time filling that time slot and getting ratings.

Soren Petro will not move his show to that time because he has scheduled weekly segments with big names like Jayson Stark, Bob Glauber and others who they will not ask to move their schedule around to be on with Soren.

I doubt 810 moves Josh Brisco to that segment since he doesn't have much experience, I think they will look outside KC and bring in someone that we don't know and that's why 610 will eventually bring Keitzman in because they can steal all of his listeners and advertisers for that time slot.

Those weekly segments can and often are recorded. There would be nothing stopping Soren from moving into that spot although they may go with a younger guy to broaden audience that Keitzman was already consistently losing. Make no mistake, 810 would have rode out shitstorm had his ratings not been sinking anyway. It’s part of the reason he’d become even more over the top and uncompromising in his shock jock approach. Sam Mellinger wrote it was obvious Keitzman had become very insecure about this and lazy in his approach to his show because of it. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Those weekly segments can and often are recorded. There would be nothing stopping Soren from moving into that spot although they may go with a younger guy to broaden audience that Keitzman was already consistently losing. Make no mistake, 810 would have rode out shitstorm had his ratings not been sinking anyway. It’s part of the reason he’d become even more over the top and uncompromising in his shock jock approach. Sam Mellinger wrote it was obvious Keitzman had become very insecure about this and lazy in his approach to his show because of it. 

I dont' think they move Soren.  They'll go outside the KC market to fill the 2-6pm slot because they won't give it to Brisco just yet.

14 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

lol bob sutton was the d coordinator and then head coach at Army for over 15 years.  Discipline was not his problem.  His problem was an inability to adapt his scheme.  Maybe think before you make statements like that.  

And the criticism was not fair.  Someone's adult kid having a drug problem has nothing to do with discipline and to suggest it does displays comolete ignorance of the drug dependence.

I have never listened to Keitzman's show but from the stupid statements he's made over the years he sounds like a blowhard.

15 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Terrible take. The station will be fine. KK sucked.

The criticism was not fair. Andy has repeatedly taken on troubled players with good results. Besides that, kids with famous rich parents are often plagued with drug problems. The youth of the country is plagued with drug problems across the board. You no nothing about how he raised his kids or the influence of their friends. Don’t ever discount the destructive effect of shitty friend.

Such an insensitive and disrespectful post. Makes me sad to see it here.

3 hours ago, dksww said:

There is no way in hell he lands at 610.  For one, the guy is a massive douche bag.  Secondly, the station has some pretty good ties with the KUAD, and they aren't going to bring over the guy that does nothing but try to shit on them at every turn.  KK will probably be on radio again, but it won't be in KC.  He's got way way too much baggage for 610 to consider touching him with a ten foot pole.  He's been suspended before, and had the whole getting pulled over with the intern sucking his dick while his wife was at home incident.  This guy is done in KC, and rightfully so.  

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

There is no way in hell he lands at 610.  For one, the guy is a massive douche bag.  Secondly, the station has some pretty good ties with the KUAD, and they aren't going to bring over the guy that does nothing but try to shit on them at every turn.  KK will probably be on radio again, but it won't be in KC.  He's got way way too much baggage for 610 to consider touching him with a ten foot pole.  He's been suspended before, and had the whole getting pulled over with the intern sucking his dick while his wife was at home incident.  This guy is done in KC, and rightfully so.  

Ya, none of that matters.  610 is the little brother of KC sports radio.  There's soft rock stations in KC that draw better ratings.  That's all that matters. 

To improve ratings, they went after  Cody Tapp to cover the Royals and got him because they were willing to pay.  If they have a chance to get KK, they will.

Just now, dksww said:

Ya, none of that matters.  610 is the little brother of KC sports radio.  There's soft rock stations in KC that draw better ratings.  That's all that matters. 

To improve ratings, they went after  Cody Tapp to cover the Royals and got him because they were willing to pay.  If they have a chance to get KK, they will.

KK won't improve ratings.  I listen to 610, and if they brought that POS over, I'd probably then go back to 810.   Hiring the douche would not be good business for 610, and I don't think they'll do it.

13 minutes ago, moons314 said:

KK won't improve ratings.  I listen to 610, and if they brought that POS over, I'd probably then go back to 810.   Hiring the douche would not be good business for 610, and I don't think they'll do it.

810 ratings tower over 610 ratings and that includes "Between the Lines with Kevin Keitzman".  Like I said earlier, believe it or not, KK does have a wide base of listeners and sponsors that would follow him over.

Who knows, he may not even want to work in radio anymore, either.

23 minutes ago, dksww said:

810 ratings tower over 610 ratings and that includes "Between the Lines with Kevin Keitzman".  Like I said earlier, believe it or not, KK does have a wide base of listeners and sponsors that would follow him over.

Who knows, he may not even want to work in radio anymore, either.

Meh I just looked up the latest ratings and there wasn't that big of a difference.

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

Now your spouting lies. "He's been suspended before, and had the whole getting pulled over with the intern sucking his dick while his wife was at home incident. "

Why dont you dig and find out who started that lie.   I have no relations to anyone at 610.   That was all debunked.

And a judge did say 4th-chance-Andy ran his house like a drug emporium.   And he hired Bob Sutton.

20 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Nah. 610 has higher ratings than 810. And they already have one Bob Fesco. Why bring in another one. I would be very surprised if KK landed there. Terrible move.

Only recently.   Royals are a part of it.   Bob Fescoe is awful.  Recycled trash.

Archived