Kietzman gone

On 6/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Chiefswinitall said:

kietzman was the glue for that stupid station.  It will go downhill fast.

The criticism was fair.  Andy reid wasn't going to discipline anyone.  He hired Bob Sutton which showed he didn't care about defensive discipline.  Yeah,  its gray area about the family issue.   Do you expect 610 to say anything like that? don't think so.  Critical comments on radio will get you fired.   Interesting to see how many people jump ship from 810 now.

On 6/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, xen said:

lol bob sutton was the d coordinator and then head coach at Army for over 15 years.  Discipline was not his problem.  His problem was an inability to adapt his scheme.  Maybe think before you make statements like that.  

And the criticism was not fair.  Someone's adult kid having a drug problem has nothing to do with discipline and to suggest it does displays comolete ignorance of the drug dependence.

I have never listened to Keitzman's show but from the stupid statements he's made over the years he sounds like a blowhard.

I think he was referring to "Andy's hiring of Bob Sutton" as "showed he didn't care about defensive discipline"

Not Bob Sutton's.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:31 AM, xen said:

lol bob sutton was the d coordinator and then head coach at Army for over 15 years.  Discipline was not his problem.  His problem was an inability to adapt his scheme.  Maybe think before you make statements like that.  

I know this is a little off-topic, but ignoring the Reid family stuff, I don't think this is necessarily true of Sutton.  I agree Sutton's inability to make adjustments and his strict adherence to his scheme (not making adjustments) was problem #1.  But his past experience at Army doesn't automatically mean he excels at being a disciplinarian in a football context.  I mean, I could make the argument that because all of his players were already *in* the Army, they had a certain degree of discipline and he didn't need to work on it.  I don't know if that's right or wrong, but it's just as reasonable as the opposite assumption.

We've already seen a lot of evidence that Sutton was "low energy" whereas Spags will get in guys' faces.  We'll see how it turns out.

16 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I know this is a little off-topic, but ignoring the Reid family stuff, I don't think this is necessarily true of Sutton.  I agree Sutton's inability to make adjustments and his strict adherence to his scheme (not making adjustments) was problem #1.  But his past experience at Army doesn't automatically mean he excels at being a disciplinarian in a football context.  I mean, I could make the argument that because all of his players were already *in* the Army, they had a certain degree of discipline and he didn't need to work on it.  I don't know if that's right or wrong, but it's just as reasonable as the opposite assumption.

We've already seen a lot of evidence that Sutton was "low energy" whereas Spags will get in guys' faces.  We'll see how it turns out.

The energy the players are getting off of Spags and his attention to detail is really helping. To many lackadaisical mistakes under Sutton that was costly penalties at times. Just like Ford lining up off sides by inches when a player should know better. 

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

The energy the players are getting off of Spags and his attention to detail is really helping. To many lackadaisical mistakes under Sutton that was costly penalties at times. Just like Ford lining up off sides by inches when a player should know better. 

a few days after the game Neil Smith was on a radio program and of course was asked about that. Frd was in a damned if you do damned if you dont  situation. As has been hashed over ad nauseum the Ref will often tell the DE to back off as a courtesy knowing that the DE has to line up danger close to beable to see the ball hiked and often gets in that neutral zone.. It was crappy timing  but his mistake really is not the cardinal sin we like to make it out to be since we lost. The entire game that Ref never once gave a courtesy warning. The call, late flag etc  is certainly food for the conspiracy theorist.

Just now, oldtimer said:

a few days after the game Neil Smith was on a radio program and of course was asked about that. Frd was in a damned if you do damned if you dont  situation. As has been hashed over ad nauseum the Ref will often tell the DE to back off as a courtesy knowing that the DE has to line up danger close to beable to see the ball hiked and often gets in that neutral zone.. It was crappy timing  but his mistake really is not the cardinal sin we like to make it out to be since we lost. The entire game that Ref never once gave a courtesy warning. The call, late flag etc  is certainly food for the conspiracy theorist.

True, i heard this of course before. Thing is though the defense as a whole did not know its job at times. Players not lined up, looking lost, blown coverage like the 2 pt conversion for SD and another in a game where the WR/TE is wide open etc. I just think being mentally prepared on the small things and the coachable moments Spags is doing with the players will help us tremendously. Hopefully we are not one of the most penalized teams this coming year because of it.

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I’m not sure if anyone asked Brady if he knew the flag was thrown and as such perhaps forced the throw.  If he did it really would vindicate Dee Ford in a way.  If he didn’t the reality would be that one mental error cost us the AFC Championship. Still a tough pill to swallow. 

• 3 weeks later...

looks as if  Petro has the 2 till? spot now..shame because thats when I quit listening. They have stand in  now ( tod lebo  I think)at 10 but hints of a new person coming at 10..gonna take some gettn used to. I hope this 10-2 guy is decent  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

looks as if  Petro has the 2 till? spot now..shame because thats when I quit listening. They have stand in  now ( tod lebo  I think)at 10 but hints of a new person coming at 10..gonna take some gettn used to. I hope this 10-2 guy is decent  

That will be kind of strange, but won't effect me a lot since I mainly listen in Podcast form, and not the live broadcast.  

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

They just hired a guy who's from Lee's Summit and graduated from Northwest Missouri State. I think he had a once a week show here back in the day but has been the drive time guy at ESPN Louisville (which I think is owned by the same people as 810)

Jason Anderson is the new guys name.  He does a great job.   Almost like a second Petro.  Reminds me a lot of Petro when i've heard him.   He interned at WHB back in the day and worked there as a fill in guy for a while.  Petro has him on the 2 minute drill a lot. He's a Chiefs, Royals, Mizzou guy.

32 minutes ago, beltranfan said:

Jason Anderson is the new guys name.  He does a great job.   Almost like a second Petro.  Reminds me a lot of Petro when i've heard him.   He interned at WHB back in the day and worked there as a fill in guy for a while.  Petro has him on the 2 minute drill a lot. He's a Chiefs, Royals, Mizzou guy.

thanx for that.

I think Petro is definitely an upgrade. For me... KK, although I don’t like him or Fesco, seemed to really know baseball and K State football. Personally, I don’t care about either of those. He seemed pretty weak when it came to the NFL and that is my sport. 

Archived