I am laughing really hard now

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes ago, xen said:

Well you have to be impressed with what Chris Ballard has done in a relatively short time with that roster, even though he failed upward with his coaching search.

But no.

Ballard has drafted very well yes, his coaching hire was pretty good also.

But, no....they just are not that good yet.

IF Indy plays as they did the last 9 games of the year, then they will win their division and be one of the favorites. I dont think getting by NE will be their only team to beat to the SB though. Chiefs, Chargers and whoever wins the North will have a say in that. Chiefs/NE will be the team to beat imo and they may well be playing in the AFC Championship again.

Pats,chiefs,colts,chargers,and dare I say browns,jags are teams I see representing the afc this season. But who is to say more often than not a team goes from worst to first in division every year.

47 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Pats,chiefs,colts,chargers,and dare I say browns,jags are teams I see representing the afc this season. But who is to say more often than not a team goes from worst to first in division every year.

Sorry, just not seeing the Jags hype. Browns are better on paper but can they put it all together?

Laughable article

4 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Jags opener is scary. One year removed from AFC Title game with a lot of pieces from that stellar defense back. And now they have a legit QB to team with top ten drafted RB.  And we won’t likely have Tyreek. 

Colts looked very legit mowing down Texans in the playoffs but were completely outmatched by us. Houston will help. Really good QB. Contender. 

Chargers are obviously a good team.  Pats look like they will go backward a bit. Lol.  Steelers win North. 

This statement is what I didn't like. The Chiefs will not get any respect until they win the SB.

It was at the end of the first half against the Chiefs. And that was the worst part: It's the Chiefs. They probably wanted to collapse because that's on brand for them. But even Adam was like, "Nah, we're good with just beating the Texans."

I think there will be an emergent team. Jags, Colts, Browns, Ravens that will be really good. I have a hard time believing it is the Browns or Colts even though it should be. Talent is their just like SD. But it’s hard to see any of those three putting it all together.

16 hours ago, qnet said:

This statement is what I didn't like. The Chiefs will not get any respect until they win the SB.

We are first or second choice to win Super Bowl in Vegas.  Most media people have us on the short list of teams who can win the Super Bowl.  There’s always gonna be some haters who the the MVP was a fluke and therefore so are we in a title contender type of way. But we get plenty of respect.  

Personally we now are so good at QB and with proven playoff DC that we are totally capable of getting to the Super Bowl as a 1 seed or 6 seed. That’s a big deal as teams deal with injuries ect. Just keep knocking on the door with an elite QB and history says we will likely knock it down.  

On 7/3/2019 at 5:54 PM, Mloe68 said:

Jags opener is scary. One year removed from AFC Title game with a lot of pieces from that stellar defense back. And now they have a legit QB to team with top ten drafted RB.  And we won’t likely have Tyreek. 

Colts looked very legit mowing down Texans in the playoffs but were completely outmatched by us. Houston will help. Really good QB. Contender. 

Chargers are obviously a good team.  Pats look like they will go backward a bit. Lol.  Steelers win North. 

They couldn't win it last year with AB; what makes you think they will without him?

On 7/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Biggjliv4 said:

Luck will get hurt and Chargers will choke. I think it will be Brady, Pat, and Baker battling it out in the end. I like our odds as long as our D is even vaguely creative. 

Really hope you are right about the Chargers but truthfully they scare the hell out of me.  They are tough competition this year.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:20 PM, wilkie said:

Really hope you are right about the Chargers but truthfully they scare the hell out of me.  They are tough competition this year.

Other than on ridiculous Thursday night games, we haven’t lost a division game since 2014. Until proven otherwise, they should continue to be scared of KC

Colts will definitely be better but won't be contending just yet unless they get very lucky quite a few times. Personally I'm not that scared of the Chargers, Rivers doesn't seem to be aging as fast as other QBs but he's not getting younger either, any drop off in his performance will hurt them and they still lack a fanbase to really have any home field advantage. They will definitely be tough but nothing we can't handle. 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:15 AM, Handswarmer said:

They couldn't win it last year with AB; what makes you think they will without him?

As much as I do think Baker Mayfield is the real deal, for now the Steelers have the best QB in the division.  In.a wide open race I’ll always lean towards the team that’s best where it matters most.  The also got rid of a lot of distraction with Bell and Brown.  Too much talent to lose too?  Legit question.  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

As much as I do think Baker Mayfield is the real deal, for now the Steelers have the best QB in the division.  In.a wide open race I’ll always lean towards the team that’s best where it matters most.  The also got rid of a lot of distraction with Bell and Brown.  Too much talent to lose too?  Legit question.  

Ben is the best QB in the Division; JJS-Shuster is a legit #1. Conner a decent RB but their defense never solved the Shazier issue. Their CB's have a;ways been an Achilles heel for them.

Mayfield may be the RD but I think he can get rattled because of his ego and temper. Kitchens will be under the microscope after going from QB coach to OC then HC in less than a season. May be overwhelmed.

Bengals gonna Bengal.

Ravens a defending Champs inn the North and they got faster on Offense and Defense. Secondary probably the best in the league at CB and S. LB core is the question mark. Pass rush will be the same or better.

38 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Ben is the best QB in the Division; JJS-Shuster is a legit #1. Conner a decent RB but their defense never solved the Shazier issue. Their CB's have a;ways been an Achilles heel for them.

Mayfield may be the RD but I think he can get rattled because of his ego and temper. Kitchens will be under the microscope after going from QB coach to OC then HC in less than a season. May be overwhelmed.

Bengals gonna Bengal.

Ravens a defending Champs inn the North and they got faster on Offense and Defense. Secondary probably the best in the league at CB and S. LB core is the question mark. Pass rush will be the same or better.

Maybe one of the best at S position. I can see CB but S there are other teams that are better, imo, for starters and depth. Dolphins and Atlanta come to mind.

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

The also got rid of a lot of distraction with Bell and Brown.  Too much talent to lose too?  Legit question.  

The Steelers are always losing a Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Hines Ward, Heath Miller, Jerome Bettis, Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall...They have a great quarterback, great offensive line and normally a pretty solid defense.  The rest takes care of itself for them usually. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Maybe one of the best at S position. I can see CB but S there are other teams that are better, imo, for starters and depth. Dolphins and Atlanta come to mind.

PFF had the Ravens at 5th at the end of 2018- let Weddle walk, added Thomas.

Atlanta was 14th

Miami was 26th

FWIW

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The Steelers are always losing a Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Hines Ward, Heath Miller, Jerome Bettis, Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall...They have a great quarterback, great offensive line and normally a pretty solid defense.  The rest takes care of itself for them usually. 

Kind of my logic as well. They are a figure it out type of organization around a HOF QB.  The Chiefs scored over 37 PPG against that division last year which makes it all really hard to figure out. Could be a league in real transition from what we know. But until proven otherwise I'll stick with the most consistent team and QB. 

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Bengals gonna Bengal.

There's a definite downgrade with Conner but he's clearly good enough. Mike Gundy made a statement that James Washington was going to be a lock Pro Bowler in the NFL is he stays healthy. We will see if that emerges this year. Speed is SO important in today's NFL and I'll give Ravens credit for upgrading there and making themselves part of discussion again. Steelers did similar on defense. Browns look poised for a breakout year but a rookie coach handling all those big personalities will be tough. It'll probably work well early or it won't work at all.  

28 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

PFF had the Ravens at 5th at the end of 2018- let Weddle walk, added Thomas.

Atlanta was 14th

Miami was 26th

FWIW

Atlanta lost their safeties, Ricardo Allen and Keanu Neal  to injuries in 2018. Miami mixed their safeties at different positions like Fitzpatrick started 11 games for the Dolphins last season—five at safety, three as the nickelback and three at cornerback. The 3 they used had 8 int's as a group.  Overall the ratings for PFF were not taking the injuries and such into account. I mean if so, how can they say Thomas is an upgrade with him coming off an injury himself? You also have Tony Jefferson coming off ankle surgery, will he be healthy then?

If you go by PFF alone, not just depth as a group for S, but just the best duo would be Rams (with Weddle and his pff ranking) and the Bears over Ravens. So I do not know for best group or best duo at Safety position if you meant one or the other, Ravens are good though on paper right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IshkshuEQjQ

Archived