I am laughing really hard now

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs should be favorites just based on their offense, but the Chargers have a short window to win it all and they'll be all in for this season.  Injuries will probably be the difference between the teams.  Of course, there's always the chance the Chiefs D will improve enough to make them tougher than last year. 

Not sure why but the fact the Chargers won in Arrowhead last year seems to be some sort of major "breakthrough" if you are to believe the tv analysts. Wow! The Chargers actually beat KC once...amazing! Let's not even get into the bogus PI call at the end of that game...😔

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Not sure why but the fact the Chargers won in Arrowhead last year seems to be some sort of major "breakthrough" if you are to believe the tv analysts. Wow! The Chargers actually beat KC once...amazing! Let's not even get into the bogus PI call at the end of that game...😔

Again the Chiefs have lost three division games the last four seasons and they were all on those short week Thursday night games.  When you are routinely outcoached the one way around it is to give Andy less time to prepare.  Until the Chargers beat us under normal circumstances, I’ll just chalk it up to that.  All that said the Chargers are a good team.  

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Again the Chiefs have lost three division games the last four seasons and they were all on those short week Thursday night games.  When you are routinely outcoached the one way around it is to give Andy less time to prepare.  Until the Chargers beat us under normal circumstances, I’ll just chalk it up to that.  All that said the Chargers are a good team.  

Well one of them took a bs call of PI and a 2 point breakdown of us to win it for SD. The other I remember being the 20 PIs called and no time on the clock for the Raiders to win it at the most laughable end of a game. That gives us a 16-2 the last 3 years of winning our division. The other game being the JC fumble and Denver scoring 14 points at end of the game to pull out a win. Thing is, when we lose it seems to be just a bad ending or some bs that you hardly ever see happen.

This shows just how dominating we have been. This is also not a weak division during this stretch by any means. We cant all have the Bills, Dolphins and Jets as our opponents.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-by-the-numbers-dominating-the-division

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well one of them took a bs call of PI and a 2 point breakdown of us to win it for SD. The other I remember being the 20 PIs called and no time on the clock for the Raiders to win it at the most laughable end of a game. That gives us a 16-2 the last 3 years of winning our division. The other game being the JC fumble and Denver scoring 14 points at end of the game to pull out a win. Thing is, when we lose it seems to be just a bad ending or some bs that you hardly ever see happen.

This shows just how dominating we have been. This is also not a weak division during this stretch by any means. We cant all have the Bills, Dolphins and Jets as our opponents.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-by-the-numbers-dominating-the-division

No its absolutely amazing how much Andy Reid has owned this division. He gets it. Build teams that can beat your divisional foes and you will get into the playoffs with regularity. At that point you need to have a QB to move you through January. 

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

No its absolutely amazing how much Andy Reid has owned this division. He gets it. Build teams that can beat your divisional foes and you will get into the playoffs with regularity. At that point you need to have a QB to move you through January. 

And yet the narrative painted is "The Chargers beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead". Meaning..".the glass ceiling is broken. Expect the Chargers to be on at least equal footing with KC and oh by the way...we pick them to win the West".

They are certainly entitled to their opinion. I think it's mostly lazy journalism in that they never look at the big picture. They filter it down into a moment like Rivers epic comeback to beat KC in Arrowhead. It took an historically bad defense and a bogus PI call for them to do it. I feel like we are gonna be just fine this year. Can't wait for football.

Archived