Remaining free agents

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, xen said:

i'm just not sure why we're all that concerned about the #2 tight end.  if Kelce gets hurt for an extended time, we were not gonna replace his production with Incompletrius Harris and we're not going to replace his production with what we have now.  If he doesn't get hurt, then is it really that hard to replace Harris' production? 

What a weird thing to say. We needed a better TE2 when Harris WAS here. We need another TE who can be a weapon in the passing game. 

I dont think it's about replacing Harris' production. It's about having the best offense in the NFL being the reason we are a SB favorite. And knowing if we lost the best TE in the NFL it could completely alter how teams scheme for us and how we have to scheme for them. 

This defense will be improved but if we make a real run its gonna be because of this offense. Imagine how much more other teams  could do with LBs and safeties without having to worry about Kelce at all. It could literally be a season changing type of event if we had Deon Yelder trying to fill Kelces shoes going forward. 

54 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Keep it up....LJ will surprise you this year.

By being a competent QB?  We’ll be surprised by him doing his job?  I remember when we Chiefs fans had to make excuses and hope for the stars to align so that our qb was the better qb on the field any given day. Didn’t work out very well for us. Maybe you’ll fare better. 

Just now, TomahawkChop said:

By being a competent QB?  We’ll be surprised by him doing his job?  I remember when we Chiefs fans had to make excuses and hope for the stars to align so that our qb was the better qb on the field any given day. Didn’t work out very well for us. Maybe you’ll fare better. 

While this is true, Jackson has a lot of room for improvement.

58 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What a weird thing to say. We needed a better TE2 when Harris WAS here. We need another TE who can be a weapon in the passing game. 

I dont think it's about replacing Harris' production. It's about having the best offense in the NFL being the reason we are a SB favorite. And knowing if we lost the best TE in the NFL it could completely alter how teams scheme for us and how we have to scheme for them. 

This defense will be improved but if we make a real run its gonna be because of this offense. Imagine how much more other teams  could do with LBs and safeties without having to worry about Kelce at all. It could literally be a season changing type of event if we had Deon Yelder trying to fill Kelces shoes going forward. 

With Andy Reid's history you don't think he could quickly adapt his offense?  Interesting.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think if it came down to it with the current roster we have, if Kelce were to get hurt they would just run 4 and 5 WR sets all the time instead.

Hill

Watkins

Robinson

Hardman

Pringle/Deiter

41 minutes ago, dksww said:

I think if it came down to it with the current roster we have, if Kelce were to get hurt they would just run 4 and 5 WR sets all the time instead.

Hill

Watkins

Robinson

Hardman

Pringle/Deiter

Yep.  Or 20 packages.  Or incorporate an H back.  Andy's system is infinitely versatile and can incorporate lots of packages.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I’m sure we’d be fine and Andy would handle it well.  But if Kelce goes down he will be missed bad.  Regardless of who our backup is.  Same with tyreek.  

Y'all are still living in a pre-Mahomes mindset.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

No. I know if he went down we would get a decent replacement until he is back. My only worry of injuries lies with Mahomes. Keep him upright and clean please

40 minutes ago, xen said:

I'm living in the real world.  Travis Kelce is a huge part of the success of this offense.  He makes Hill better.  And Mahomes.  He requires safety help over the top on every single play and creates huge mismatches.  He's one of Mahomes favorite targets and definitely a big red zone target.  Until Pringle fights his way off the practice squad there is no way anyone can reasonably argue that replacing the best tight end in the game with a practice squad wide out is not a huge blow to this offense.  Now do I think Mahomes and Reid would handle it better than Alex Smith and Marty Shottenheimer?  Of course.  But you can't lose Hill or Kelce without a huge drop off.  

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm living in the real world.  Travis Kelce is a huge part of the success of this offense.  He makes Hill better.  And Mahomes.  He requires safety help over the top on every single play and creates huge mismatches.  He's one of Mahomes favorite targets and definitely a big red zone target.  Until Pringle fights his way off the practice squad there is no way anyone can reasonably argue that replacing the best tight end in the game with a practice squad wide out is not a huge blow to this offense.  Now do I think Mahomes and Reid would handle it better than Alex Smith and Marty Shottenheimer?  Of course.  But you can't lose Hill or Kelce without a huge drop off.  

Disagree.  Andy schemes guys open.  On a regular basis.  Against even top defenses.  There would be changes for sure, but we'd still have a top 5 offense

21 minutes ago, xen said:

Disagree.  Andy schemes guys open.  On a regular basis.  Against even top defenses.  There would be changes for sure, but we'd still have a top 5 offense

It's more than just being open.  Kelce has great hands, he commands double teams, he is a huge target and he's hard to bring down after the catch.  He's the hot read lots of times when there's pressure.  You can lock down Pringle with a #4 cornerback.  If you truly think we wouldn't badly miss Kelce, then you are not paying attention to our games.  And Hill is the same obviously.  

36 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It's more than just being open.  Kelce has great hands, he commands double teams, he is a huge target and he's hard to bring down after the catch.  He's the hot read lots of times when there's pressure.  You can lock down Pringle with a #4 cornerback.  If you truly think we wouldn't badly miss Kelce, then you are not paying attention to our games.  And Hill is the same obviously.  

I didn't say anything about Kelce not being great.  I watch the same games as you.  

2 hours ago, xen said:

Yep.  Or 20 packages.  Or incorporate an H back.  Andy's system is infinitely versatile and can incorporate lots of packages.

But I keep thinking of the playoff game after the 2017 season.  First half with Kelce.  Second half without.  Reid can't fix things if the talent is gone.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

But I keep thinking of the playoff game after the 2017 season.  First half with Kelce.  Second half without.  Reid can't fix things if the talent is gone.  

Did not have Mahomes or Watkins. Huge difference.

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

What about the year Reid schemed an entire year of no wide receiver touchdowns?

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It was not long ago that people were pretty pissed about Reid's offense and wanting him to give up the offensive coordinator duties.  

Yeah, I remember it just forgot it was Reid as our coach during it. Seems so long ago with Mahomes season last year and now going into this year.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah, I remember it just forgot it waa Reid as our coach during it. Seems so long ago with Mahomes season last year and now going into this year.

It does seem like a long time ago that Reid secretly took over play calling during the playoff game and everyone was pissed afterward.  Now he's a genius.  And rightfully so.  His offenses for a couple years have been pretty special.  But it takes players to make it work.  

Archived